X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Science: Vaccines Work, GMOs Are Safe, Everything is a Chemical

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Depends where you live.

But in any case we're talking about different contributors to the weather: La Nina vs Polar Vortex. The Mets will win more because their pitching is great but they will lose more because their hitting sucks. Those are not contradictory statements.

If these are the sole contributors (which they obviously aren't -- weather is complicated) it looks like hockey country is in deep sh-t.
    I wondered what 'cooler winters' meant. And yes it means colder...but stupidly just for Minnesota, a few cheeseheads and our kid brothers to the northwest. Greater than 33% chance its colder.
    Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      The Polar Vortex will be shifting away from its normal location this winter due to climate change, according to Martyn Chipperfield, professor of atmospheric chemistry at the University of Leeds. It's expected to center over Europe, which is supposed to make it very cold for the northeastern portion of the United States while giving Europe a moderate winter.
      Which says nothing about long term climate change.

Comment

For those that were discounting solar before. I think this is an awesome idea.

https://techcrunch.com/2016/10/31/wh...ch-a-big-deal/
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• A couple things I'd like to stop hearing:

1. That by drinking lemon water or expensive juice, you can give yourself a "detox." Dear Food Boob,
          I don't need a detox, my liver and kidneys clean up just fine.

2. That you can "boost" your immune system by drinking EmergenC or a fruit smoothie. Apparently, these people have never heard of autoimmune disorders...
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            For those that were discounting solar before. I think this is an awesome idea.

https://techcrunch.com/2016/10/31/wh...ch-a-big-deal/
            Scoobs, its not that this isn't a super great idea, that will improve people's lives and help create an entire industry that the world will buy from us (i.e., mobile phones). Its that these are ideas from liberals and therefore, conservatives are against them. We must prop up dead end industries.
            Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
              Scoobs, its not that this isn't a super great idea, that will improve people's lives and help create an entire industry that the world will buy from us (i.e., mobile phones). Its that these are ideas from liberals and therefore, conservatives are against them. We must prop up dead end industries.
              Yeah, well, science died yesterday. RIP.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Yeah, well, science died yesterday. RIP.
                American science.

The Europeans and the Chinese are doing just fine, thanks. Even if 4 years from now the US is on a cultural level with the Sudan, human science will continue. Even if America is dead, (1) we had a good run -- at least as long as the Brits, and (2) there's always the next runner to grab the baton. France --> Britain --> Germany --> US --> somebody Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.

This has happened before. You can't stop our monkey brains from taking things apart. It's what we do.
                Last edited by Kepler; 11-10-2016, 09:10 AM.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  American science.

The Europeans and the Chinese are doing just fine, thanks. Even if 4 years from now the US is on a cultural level with the Sudan, human science will continue. Even if America is dead, (1) we had a good run -- at least as long as the Brits, and (2) there's always the next runner to grab the baton. France --> Britain --> Germany --> US --> somebody Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.

This has happened before. You can't stop our monkey brains from taking things apart. It's what we do.
                  Yeah, there's a lot of solace in living in a science dead culture, Kepler. A lot. Thanks.

Comment

Yeah, there's a lot of solace in living in a science dead culture, Kepler. A lot. Thanks.
                    Einstein came to Princeton. Bern is beautiful.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

So once Trump/Pence get their thought police in place, are we going to have to retire this thread?

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                        The article says nothing, its an Ad for Tesla.
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          So once Trump/Pence get their thought police in place, are we going to have to retire this thread?
                          Heck, no. It will be one of the best places to catch dissenters.

That Mars mission is looking more important all the time. We should name the ship Mayflower.
                          Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            Heck, no. It will be one of the best places to catch dissenters.

That Mars mission is looking more important all the time. We should name the ship Mayflower.
                            Read Heinlein. The Moon should be first!
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              Read Heinlein. The Moon should be first!
                              I don't want them throwing rocks at us. Seriously, imagine Alaska led by Peter Thiel with kinetic weapons.
                              Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                I don't want them throwing rocks at us. Seriously, imagine Alaska led by Peter Thiel with kinetic weapons.
                                Kinetic energy weapons are very effective. All boom and no radiation (well outside of heat). Imagine an enterprising government starts mining space rocks (or space junk) and starts aiming it at solid ground or in the ocean just outside a major population center?

Hey, I read too much sci fi.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X