Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast

Thread: Science: Vaccines Work, GMOs Are Safe, Everything is a Chemical

Re: Science: Vaccines Work, GMOs Are Safe, Everything is a Chemical

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggsy View Post
    I pulled that number out of the air as an example. Thought that was clear. You keep getting hung up on the fact of all these current studies. 10+ years ago, it wasn't common knowledge.
    There was no evidence 10+ years ago either. There has never been any evidence. Ever.
    Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 10-12-2017 at 11:46 AM.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

Jeezuz Tiggsy you're a drama queen.

Quote Originally Posted by LynahFan View Post
    So I take it you are also in favor of legalization of all drugs? Or are you hypocritical as well?

We the people explicitly asked the federal government to promote the general welfare of the country. I don't see how anyone could argue that disease eradication through perfectly safe vaccines falls outside the bounds of that goal.
    I think it's a great idea that as a society we try to eradicate diseases, and that we use our government to promote that. Setting up government programs to develop vaccines and make them widely available to people without regard to cost is an excellent use of government resources.

But there is a pretty big step between promoting the general welfare of the country and the government coming in an jamming a needle in your arm against your will.

As for drug legalization, I have always thought that we have erred as a society in this criminalization of drug use. Beyond the financial and racial issues, this idea of incarcerating our way to a better society is simply wrong.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Quote Originally Posted by SJHovey View Post
    But there is a pretty big step between promoting the general welfare of the country and the government coming in an jamming a needle in your arm against your will.
    I don't think the USG should have the right to give you a shot against your will, either. But if you're a health hazard the USG does have the right to send you to Antarctica or North Dakota.
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

"The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    I don't think the USG should have the right to give you a shot against your will, either. But if you're a health hazard the USG does have the right to send you to Antarctica or North Dakota.
    Best thing that could happen to you.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

International Spy

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    There was no evidence 10+ years ago either. There has never been any evidence. Ever.
    Obviously not however it had not yet been disproven with all the studies you cite. It was however openly discussed as a possibility because the medical community didn't know yet. Doctors were aware but could not definitively prove there was no link yet. Why is that so difficult to understand?
    Last edited by Tiggsy; 10-12-2017 at 01:12 PM.

International Spy

Quote Originally Posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Jeezuz Tiggsy you're a drama queen.
    In the words of Degeneration X...

"I got two words for you..."

and I'll leave it at that.
    Last edited by Tiggsy; 10-12-2017 at 01:11 PM.

The plural of anecdote is not data

I pulled that number out of the air as an example. Thought that was clear. You keep getting hung up on the fact of all these current studies. 10+ years ago, it wasn't common knowledge.
    Obviously not however it had not yet been disproven with all the studies you cite. It was however openly discussed as a possibility because the medical community didn't know yet. Doctors were aware but could not definitively prove there was no link yet. Why is that so difficult to understand?
    You have not replied to any of the points I have made so this will probably be the same but...there was no evidence "back then." The medical community DID know, it was largely the media, laymen and fringe doctors that "discussing the possibility."

Here is a report by the IOM from 2004 http://nationalacademies.org/HMD/Rep...nd-Autism.aspx

That satisfies your 10+ year claim...but let me know if you would like to shift the goal post.
    In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Veteran
    How much “+” on the 10+? My oldest is 11 and at that point any links between vaccines and autism had been widely discredited.

Quote Originally Posted by ericredaxe View Post
    How much “+” on the 10+? My oldest is 11 and at that point any links between vaccines and autism had been widely discredited.
    18 & 22 for me. Did the vaccines as directed by the doctor. Never questioned a thing. School and sports were all over us for those records every year.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Inspired by Actual Events
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Never questioned a thing.
    Trusting your doctor, or doing your research is one thing. But this attitude has nearly destroyed our country. Blind obedience is just awful.

Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    Trusting your doctor, or doing your research is one thing. But this attitude has nearly destroyed our country. Blind obedience is just awful.
    Whose blindly obedient? That's quite a leap. You accusing me of not knowing what they were doing? Pretty sure the doctor explained the process and the vaccines that were administered. Maybe I should question his training? Or get the home vaccine kit and do it myself?

Wind up workin' in a gas station walrus's Avatar

You find out that Drs aren't gods once you have issues beyond a hangnail. Until then you might think they are all knowing
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

International Spy

I have a question. What do you all hope to accomplish by continuing the discussion at this point? I thought the topic was finished a couple of times since there is an obvious impasse but it keeps going. What is your goal here? It seemed to have turned into a barrage of attacks and mocking me for the choices I made.

My goals were simply to tell my story and to explain my thoughts. Not to cite studies to back up my thinking. I'm sure there are some out there but I'm also sure that you would jump all over them to discredit the sources so why even waste my time. No one is going to change their opinion here. After I told my story I immediately went into defensive mode trying to fend off everything coming at me. I did that to the best of my ability, which isn't good enough for some of you.

I am not having any more kids, so you don't have to worry about me endangering the public health any further and all my kids are healthy. But after seeing what autism can do, I would have done just about anything to try to make sure it doesn't happen again. And because I didn't see any negatives to doing what I did, the choice was easy. You can tell me all day long that I was wrong, which you've been doing. But I never tried to convince anyone to do what I did. Just to do what makes sense for you and your family.

I know there are people out there who have it way worse than I do. But there are plenty of people who just don't understand what it is like and how difficult it is. A little consideration is all I'm looking for. Some have shown that, but most have not. I'm tired of this and I actually have work to finish so I don't get to kill as much time here for now. So I'm going to call it a day. I still will respond occasionally if this keeps going, but not with the energy or frequency I have so far. I hope everyone's kids out there stay healthy and the choices made on their behalf are the best for them.

I have a question. What do you all hope to accomplish by continuing the discussion at this point?
    That's easy to figure out.

Thing about doctors is they’re human. Obviously exempting anyone with medical training who is a college hockey fan or my wife, there are plenty who take kickbacks from pharma reps, overprescribe opiates and antibiotics etc. Find one you trust, and do your own research to make sure you are onboard with their methods.

Veteran

Thing about doctors is they’re human. Obviously exempting anyone with medical training who is a college hockey fan or my wife, there are plenty who take kickbacks from pharma reps, overprescribe opiates and antibiotics etc. Find one you trust, and do your own research to make sure you are onboard with their methods.
    Most (if any) Doctors are not inventing their own vaccine schedule though, which is what the topic of discussion is.

Quote Originally Posted by ericredaxe View Post
    Most (if any) Doctors are not inventing their own vaccine schedule though, which is what the topic of discussion is.
    There are “doctors” of chiropractic that will recommend eating dirt and sniffing moonbeams in place of getting immunized. There are others that possess healing skills that seem miraculous in their efficacy. Question everything.

International Spy

Quote Originally Posted by SJHovey View Post
    No doubt.

Lucia Apologist

The Atlantic might be the best source I've seen for ready-to-consume scientific articles. It does such a good job at getting you understandable details. Often the comments sections point to more in-depth articles to boot.

'A New Rosetta Stone for Astronomy': For the first time, astronomers have detected visible light and gravitational waves from the same source, ushering in a new era in our attempt to understand the cosmos.

The Atlantic
    A more "sciencey" link
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West.

Thread Information