X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Science: Vaccines Work, GMOs Are Safe, Everything is a Chemical

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Sugar Lobby owns every Congressman in the US Govt.
    The sugar lobby is arguably a greater danger to the health and safety of the people in this country than Al-Qaeda is. Not a popular statement, I'm sure, but one that is supported by evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
      The sugar lobby is arguably a greater danger to the health and safety of the people in this country than Al-Qaeda is. Not a popular statement, I'm sure, but one that is supported by evidence.
      They have certainly been responsible for more deaths up until now than anybody but the tobacco and auto lobbies.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        They have certainly been responsible for more deaths up until now than anybody but the tobacco and auto lobbies.
        They should be responsible for bearing part of the expense of universal health care.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          But they are on catching up fast, likely within the next two generations, given the impact they have had over the last 40 years on the growing number of overweight and obese people in America.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
            They should be responsible for bearing part of the expense of universal health care.
            Easy way to do that...
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I'm sure the information is available somewhere online, but it would be interesting to see just how much of the annual medical cost in this country can reasonably be attributed to obesity-related conditions. I'm sure it would be staggering. Think of what aggressive taxation or other cost-shifting measures would do to solve the health cost issues in this country.

edit:

OK, the National League of Cities put out the following information:

The estimated annual health care costs of obesity-related illness are a staggering $190.2 billion or nearly 21% of annual medical spending in the United States.1 Childhood obesity alone is responsible for $14 billion in direct medical costs. Obesity-related medical costs in general are expected to rise significantly, especially because today’s obese children are likely to become tomorrow’s obese adults.2,3 If obesity rates were to remain at 2010 levels, the projected savings for medical expenditures would be $549.5 billion over the next two decades.4

The direct and additional hidden costs of obesity are stifling businesses and organizations that stimulate jobs and growth in U.S. cities. In the 10 cities with the highest obesity rates, the direct costs connected with obesity and obesity-related diseases are roughly $50 million per 100,000 residents. If these 10 cities cut their obesity rates down to the national average, the combined savings to their communities would be $500 million in health care costs each year.

In addition to growing health care costs attributed to obesity, the nation will incur higher costs for disability and unemployment benefits. Businesses are suffering due to obesity-related job absenteeism ($4.3 billion annually).

Balance those numbers against the direct and indirect profits made by sugar companies as well as soft drink, cereal, and candy companies, and you have a picture that should make people want to reach for their pitchforks. Or pass legislation.
              Last edited by burd; 06-21-2017, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                Yes, the AHA is EEEEEEEEEVYIL.

Coconut oil also has warnings from the FDA, WHO, HHS, AD(ietetic)A, as well as the British NHS.
                Ill take coconut oil over sugar laden cocoa puffs any day of the week

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                  I'm sure the information is available somewhere online, but it would be interesting to see just how much of the annual medical cost in this country can reasonably be attributed to obesity-related conditions. I'm sure it would be staggering. Think of what aggressive taxation or other cost-shifting measures would do to solve the health cost issues in this country.

edit:

OK, the National League of Cities put out the following information:

The estimated annual health care costs of obesity-related illness are a staggering $190.2 billion or nearly 21% of annual medical spending in the United States.1 Childhood obesity alone is responsible for $14 billion in direct medical costs. Obesity-related medical costs in general are expected to rise significantly, especially because today’s obese children are likely to become tomorrow’s obese adults.2,3 If obesity rates were to remain at 2010 levels, the projected savings for medical expenditures would be $549.5 billion over the next two decades.4

The direct and additional hidden costs of obesity are stifling businesses and organizations that stimulate jobs and growth in U.S. cities. In the 10 cities with the highest obesity rates, the direct costs connected with obesity and obesity-related diseases are roughly $50 million per 100,000 residents. If these 10 cities cut their obesity rates down to the national average, the combined savings to their communities would be $500 million in health care costs each year.

In addition to growing health care costs attributed to obesity, the nation will incur higher costs for disability and unemployment benefits. Businesses are suffering due to obesity-related job absenteeism ($4.3 billion annually).

Balance those numbers against the direct and indirect profits made by sugar companies as well as soft drink, cereal, and candy companies, and you have a picture that should make people want to reach for their pitchforks. Or pass legislation.
                  It was totally out of line for Moochelle to encourage eating a few vegetables and exercising though. Unlike the tranny wookie, Melanoma is setting the right example - just sit there and look nice, like a woman should. 'Murica!

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

You're not cuckoo for cocoa puffs??
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                      https://bebrainfit.com/coconut-oil-dementia/
                      About 2/3 down are links to some studies, correlation for some may be a bit tenuous...
                      But the gist of it is that while low fat diets are good for your heart they are bad for your brain, and the fats in coconut oil are a little better than others.

But mostly, can I not just make fun of today's Coconut oil is the debil Bobby Boucher news, with yesterdays coconut oil is a miracle drug news?
                      I looked through the abstracts of the references in that article. They are a combination of poorly done studies, in incredibly low impact articles, and for the most part have little to do with the specific claim that precedes the reference. Some have literally nothing to do with brain health (like the ALS study). Also the ketogenic diet is not better for brains, it just raises seizure threshold.

The gist is wrong...there is not convincing data to support that claim.
                      In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                      I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

This, coming from a person who believes Girl Scout cookies are poison.

Honestly, the day I take dietary advice from a Organic blowhard will be the day I have a tag on my toe.
                        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                        Patreon for exclusive writing content
                        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          It was totally out of line for Moochelle to encourage eating a few vegetables and exercising though. Unlike the tranny wookie, Melanoma is setting the right example - just sit there and look nice, like a woman should. 'Murica!
                          In high school, we had a fast food setup. Cheeseburger, pizza, tacos, etc. Fountain pop, and a Coke machine outside the cafeteria. If you wanted healthy, there was a very small salad bar. I wish we had someone fighting for healthy lunches when I was in school.
                          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                          Patreon for exclusive writing content
                          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post

Honestly, the day I take dietary advice from a Organic blowhard will be the day I have a tag on my toe.
                            Talk about blowhard...

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post

Comment

Walrus has said that before.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X