X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: World Soccer XXVII: The REAL Football

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    It's a solid lineup for sure. With MNUFC in the West I don't see them taking many points off of Seattle, Dallas, LA etc. but they can compete against the likes of Houston, San Jose, and even Portland or Vancouver. Likely not a playoff team but they won't be bad.

Ibarra gets a redemption chance after moving to Mexico and doing f* all. Be interesting to see if he's as good as he was thought to be or if he was just a Klinsmann NASL Pandering Stunt.
    i honestly cannot believe he went to Mexico and has done nothing...
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
      i honestly cannot believe he went to Mexico and has done nothing...
      It happens, player makes a move and before too long the manager is fired and that player is stuck at a club with a manager who doesn't want him.

Probably should've gone to MLS but I can understand not wanting to play for Portland.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Swansea fired Bradley.

http://www.espnfc.com/swansea-city/s...-just-11-games
        A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
          Considering he never got a chance to bring in players, that's a crap move and sucks for Bob.
          I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Deadspin I'm sure will have a well reasoned response to that...
            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
              I looked at Deadspin, saw the article, saw Haisley wrote it and immediately moved on to a different site.
              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                Considering he never got a chance to bring in players, that's a crap move and sucks for Bob.
                I'm thinking ownership was looking for a miracle to avoid relegation and that's why they hired him. They're gonna have to keep looking for that miracle.
                A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                  LOL. You noticed that too, eh?
                  Last edited by Kepler; 12-30-2016, 11:43 AM.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    LOL. You noticed that too, eh?
                    That article by Magary is somewhat funny. It's Haisley and his vehement anti-MLS stance that's *ing annoying.

Case in point: MLS Cup. Deadspin did not write an article or mention about it (and it was played on a night with no football or any meaningful NHL/NBA games) yet Haisley can write a piece showing some goal Messi scored in a random Spanish Cup game.

I like Deadspin, but their soccer coverage can go die in a fire.
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

This annoys me to no end: World Cup: FIFA to expand competition to 48 teams after vote

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        16 groups of 3? Possible penalty shot shootout in group stages?

No.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

That pretty much will have to end the hexagonal, too, right? Even if CONCACAF only garners one extra slot from the expansion, that'd give us 4.5. Would be silly to have a qualifying round where all but one team advances.

Comment

Groups of 3 is just plain awful...guaranteed 2 games and all those off days? So the last day of group play 2 of the 3 teams play and know exactly what they need for both to advance...great idea FIFA. Expansion is somewhat inevitable but this was the wrong choice.

Should have just done 12 groups of 4, top 8 group winners get a bye and remaining 4 group winners and 12 runner ups play in a first round to get to the round of 16...

Still keeps even numbered groups, gives some benefit for group winners to play to the end, etc.
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

As for expansion, I don't see how this tournament expands by 16 teams and CONCACAF doesn't get less than 6.

Here is my guess
                              Host 1-2
                              UEFA 13-17
                              CAF 5-8
                              AFC 4.5-7
                              CONMEBOL 4.5-7
                              CONCACAF 3.5-6
                              OFC 0.5-1

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                                As for expansion, I don't see how this tournament expands by 16 teams and CONCACAF doesn't get less than 6.

Here is my guess
                                Host 1-2
                                UEFA 13-17
                                CAF 5-8
                                AFC 4.5-7
                                CONMEBOL 4.5-7
                                CONCACAF 3.5-6
                                OFC 0.5-1
                                The .5s are a play-in?
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X