This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: World Soccer XXVII: The REAL Football

Klinsmann had plenty of time. Just not enough consistency or improvement.

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
      U.S. Soccer ‏@ussoccer 3m3 minutes ago

U.S. Soccer has parted ways with #USMNT Head Coach and Technical Director Jurgen Klinsmann: http://ussoc.cr/2fVM1Zo
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
        U.S. Soccer ‏@ussoccer 3m3 minutes ago

U.S. Soccer has parted ways with #USMNT Head Coach and Technical Director Jurgen Klinsmann: http://ussoc.cr/2fVM1Zo
        Does he get a role in the remake of "Downfall"?
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I don't know how much I like that the favorite option so far is just to go back to Arena.
          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Elect me.

4-4-2 every game no matter the opposition.

Favor youth in all non critical friendlies and qualifiers.

Back MLS. But try to adjust their season to better align with the world.

Invite our best players to the WC.
            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

I think Arena is a good choice as a stop gap through Russia 2018. Beyond that we need to move on and try something else.
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                I don't know how much I like that the favorite option so far is just to go back to Arena.
                Isn't that just because he's the best guy to come in mid world cup cycle? Guess the hope is he gets us to world cup and evaluate from there. But i would hope they are lining up long term options.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                  Today is a great reminder for me about how many new fans have come aboard in the last 5-6 years, and how many of them have zero clue about US Soccer history.

I get that people view this as a step backwards, I've had my criticisms of Bruce in the past myself. But given the current situation he's the best choice. The most important thing is to qualify for the World Cup and Arena can get that done.

What I really hate is this insistence among people, especially the Europhile Billy Haisley crowd, that "we can't have an American in charge!" As if being an American immediately means you're devoid of any soccer knowledge. Well, that's complete and utter BS. Any improvement that's gonna be done on player development is going to be done by largely American coaches, many of whom will likely be former MLS journeymen. This stupid insistence that it has to be a foreigner to "teach" us is what is really killing us. I'm not saying it has to be an American, but it shouldn't just default to someone because "they're foreign," that's how we ended up with the snake oil salesman we just fired.
                  I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                    Elect me.

4-4-2 every game no matter the opposition.

Favor youth in all non critical friendlies and qualifiers.

Back MLS. But try to adjust their season to better align with the world.

Invite our best players to the WC.
                    4-3-3

Altidore in front of Wood and Morris
                    Fabian Johnson and Deandre Yedlin as outside backs

I would build around that as my default formation assuming those guys are healthy and Jordan Morris continues to show what he has over the past few months for Seattle.

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                      4-3-3

Altidore in front of Wood and Morris
                      Fabian Johnson and Deandre Yedlin as outside backs

I would build around that as my default formation assuming those guys are healthy and Jordan Morris continues to show what he has over the past few months for Seattle.
                      BBC has a good article about it.
                      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

about what? playing a 4-3-3?
                        link?

Comment

ESPN Article on the background of Klinsmann's firing.

Basically, they got tired of the excuses (like a lot of us) and considered firing him this summer. This excuse is a doozy though:
                          Klinsmann explained away the losses in public. In private, his excuses were even more bold; he told Gulati that he was convinced that the Gold Cup was fixed so Mexico would win, setting up the big-money playoff match against the U.S., a viewpoint that exasperated his boss.
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                            ESPN Article on the background of Klinsmann's firing.

Basically, they got tired of the excuses (like a lot of us) and considered firing him this summer. This excuse is a doozy though:
                            He probably knows it was rigged because he got paid on the side to throw the Jamaica game
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                              He probably knows it was rigged because he got paid on the side to throw the Jamaica game
                              Quote from BigSoccer: It's not CONCACAF's fault Klinsmann decided to play an orange traffic cone next to Brooks the entire tournament.

Actually, there is a serious side to that accusation. He's accusing Mark Geiger, a USSF Referee, of match fixing. It's bad form to say to your boss that another employee is a criminal and why you failed. Also, some of the CONCACAF referee staff is American. So, again, bad form. Oh, and Gulati was one of the three heads running CONCACAF at that time. Don't accuse your boss of match fixing.
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                                Quote from BigSoccer: It's not CONCACAF's fault Klinsmann decided to play an orange traffic cone next to Brooks the entire tournament.

Actually, there is a serious side to that accusation. He's accusing Mark Geiger, a USSF Referee, of match fixing. It's bad form to say to your boss that another employee is a criminal and why you failed. Also, some of the CONCACAF referee staff is American. So, again, bad form. Oh, and Gulati was one of the three heads running CONCACAF at that time. Don't accuse your boss of match fixing.
                                yeah, his excuses were just getting pathetic. I seriously think he's nothing more than talk and motivation. Tactically, he needs someone else to really know what the actual plan should be instead of just seeing what will happen with a 3-5-2 against Mexico in the hex...great time to try something new.

I do think that overall this shows how important a coaching change is after a 4 year cycle. There are very few coaches that can handle the longer term because they get hung up on older guys and maybe feel like they owe them something, where a new coach isn't afraid to move on from guys like Chris Wondolowski, Timmy Chandler, Jermaine Jones (just off an injury), etc. Why are any of those guys getting minutes right now? Bradley also should be considered for the bench, or at least given a more comfortable role than he's seen lately.

Comment

Working...
                                X