This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: World Soccer XXVII: The REAL Football

I gotta think Bruce is happy he bring in players for the knockout round...
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Roster moves:

On Sunday, Bruce Arena made six moves to his roster, as allowed per the CONCACAF Gold Cup rules, bringing in some big-time players. Goalkeepers Tim Howard and Jesse Gonzalez, midfielders Michael Bradley and Darlington Nagbe and forwards Jozy Altidore and Clint Dempsey are on the roster for the knockout rounds, replacing Brad Guzan, Sean Johnson, Alejandro Bedoya, Cristian Roldan, Kelyn Rowe and Dom Dwyer.
      Also, saw today UEFA is starting a league for national teams. Four divisions with four groups per division. Each division will be filled based on rankings with four promotion and relegation spots each. Additionally, the champ of each division (four group winners will have a semi final/final) gets a bid into Euro 2020. So with the group D team having at best a #39 Euro ranking, that means a team like Cyprus or Azerbaijan in the final Euro tournament.

Pretty good idea, though probably can't work for CONCACAF since like half the membership is behind Kosovo.
      Last edited by Spartanforlife4; 07-16-2017, 07:17 PM.
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Unless there was no one else to bring in why would you add two GK's? Is Gonzalez really likely to play?

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          Unless there was no one else to bring in why would you add two GK's? Is Gonzalez really likely to play?
          Could see if he's ready for prime time in the QF and sub him off it is starts badly and still have Howard to take over if it does?
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
            Also, saw today UEFA is starting a league for national teams. Four divisions with four groups per division. Each division will be filled based on rankings with four promotion and relegation spots each. Additionally, the champ of each division (four group winners will have a semi final/final) gets a bid into Euro 2020. So with the group D team having at best a #39 Euro ranking, that means a team like Cyprus or Azerbaijan in the final Euro tournament.
            Love this idea, but the top players are probably already overbooked, so won't we wind up seeing every country's third and fourth string?
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
              Sounds like this was planned...
              "It was also understood that goalkeepers Brad Guzan and Sean Johnson would be sent back to Atlanta United and New York City FC, respectively." according to Carisle at ESPN.
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                Love this idea, but the top players are probably already overbooked, so won't we wind up seeing every country's third and fourth string?
                I think that's why they tied Euro qualifying to it. If a team like the Netherlands is struggling in regular Euro qualifying, they'll definitely try to bring better than a C squad.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Seattle actually invents something...
                  I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

The Deuce is loose! Ties the record with goal against Costa Rica.
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                      The Deuce is loose! Ties the record with goal against Costa Rica.
                      he was spectacular as a super sub yesterday. That whole lead up to altidores goal and the free kick...beautiful.

Comment

Clint looked like he knew he scored the second the ball left his foot.

Comment

Down goes Mexico! Down goes Mexico!

USA vs Jamaica on Wednesday.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Aww , now who will litter the field at Levis?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Didn't see that coming.
                              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                                Down goes Mexico! Down goes Mexico!

USA vs Jamaica on Wednesday.
                                Ah it's always great to see Mexico melt down. Time brush up my Spanish to read the press for the next few days...

Love the Mexican fan comments already: "We would've won if we hadn't started MLS players!" Fails to realize Jamaica started 8 MLS players (and a USL player and two Jamaican league players)...
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X