This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: World Soccer XXVII: The REAL Football

Is it just my imagination or do concacaf/south american games turn into debacles more than any other region?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      Is it just my imagination or do concacaf/south american games turn into debacles more than any other region?
      No. Frankly it's a real problem.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        In terms of what happens on the field? Probably. But Europe seems to have a way bigger problem with politics encroaching onto the game. Ex: Serbia v Albania.
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          It's about to hit the fan in Glendale. Mexico was up a goal and a man until they had Guardado sent off and Uruguay scores on the free kick. Stuff has already been thrown. Dis gun be gud.
          Stuff was thrown by Mexican fans? I dunno, that sounds pretty far fetched.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

The amount of diving was ridiculous. And the ref lost control about 2 minutes into the game. Did you notice how much heat the ref took from Uru players after the game.? I was trying to figure out what the goalie was so unhappy about.
            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Panama scores pretty much immediately after they should have gone a man down.
              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

They're playing this game in the middle of the approach of a tropical storm. Crazy.
                I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                  They're playing this game in the middle of the approach of a tropical storm. Crazy.
                  Wouldn't that be in advance of an approaching TS? .
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I assume everyone saw how much Arsenal is offering Varny to leave LC?
                    And seriously, can't we get the National Anthems right? I mean, is it really that hard?
                    Last edited by manurespreader; 06-06-2016, 09:06 PM.
                    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                      And seriously, can't we get the National Anthems right? I mean, is it really that hard?
                      I can't wait to see Deadspin's article claiming that this is somehow MLS' fault.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                        I can't wait to see Deadspin's article claiming that this is somehow MLS' fault.
                        Surprised it isn't up yet. I figured Haisley had that kind of stuff ready made.
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Re: World Soccer XXVII: The REAL Football

I'm listening to a replay of yesterday's Counterattack on SiriusXM and one of the commentators threw out a lineup saying that that current pool screams 3-5-2.

-----------Dempsey-------Wood-------------
                          ----------Jones---Bradley---Nagbe----------
                          --Johnson---------------------------Yedlin---
                          --------Besler-----Brooks----Cameron------

Thoughts?
                          Last edited by Shirtless Guy; 06-07-2016, 10:34 AM.
                          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                            I'm listening to a replay of yesterday's Counterattack on SiriusXM and one of the commentators threw out a lineup saying that that current pool screams 3-5-2.

Thoughts?
                            That would open things up for Bradley and allow him to be more offensively minded. Combine that with Nagbe and it gives us more striking capability... Downside is that it could open us up to a liability in transitional play/fast break possibilities... At this point might as well start Frankenstiening things...

Anywho, about to head down to start tailgating before the match... Not sure if anyone else is going, but it should be a fun one... Either way today and Philly on Saturday will be an experience for me...
                            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post

Thoughts?
                              So basically Nagbe for Zardes and Besler for Bedoya, then move the new guys back a bit to allow Fabian and Yedlin to play up?

I like that this pushes Yedlin and Johnson forward into positions that they've played well for their clubs. My memory of Besler's defending isn't great, though. I was more impressed with Zardes than I was with Bedoya, but otherwise I see this as a good improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                                So basically Nagbe for Zardes and Besler for Bedoya, then move the new guys back a bit to allow Fabian and Yedlin to play up?

I like that this pushes Yedlin and Johnson forward into positions that they've played well for their clubs. My memory of Besler's defending isn't great, though. I was more impressed with Zardes than I was with Bedoya, but otherwise I see this as a good improvement.
                                Yeah, I'm not sure who the best would be at "left back" in this formation but overall, I think it fits this team better...giving more chances for Yedlin and Johnson to trade off getting involved in the offense.
                                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Working...
                                X