This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: World Soccer XXVII: The REAL Football

While the popularity of the National Team growing has been a largely good thing, the annoyance of the Johnny Come Lately still gets to me. "The US should've won, we're regressing playing bunker and counter! CONCACAF Qualifying is a cakewalk!" No we're not regressing, it's hard as **** to play at Azteca and pretty much every other road game in CONCACAF. A point is very much a good thing.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      While the popularity of the National Team growing has been a largely good thing, the annoyance of the Johnny Come Lately still gets to me. "The US should've won, we're regressing playing bunker and counter! CONCACAF Qualifying is a cakewalk!" No we're not regressing, it's hard as **** to play at Azteca and pretty much every other road game in CONCACAF. A point is very much a good thing.
      Very true...I don't think anyone realizes how difficult road games in CONCACAF really are...It's part of the laughter from Europeans too...they don't realize how crappy the conditions can be at pretty much all but USA and Canada can be for the visitor. The US has never won at Azteca in a WC Qualifier and rarely gotten goals let alone points there...EVER.
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
        This, just this. It was recognizable and unique.
        I prefer the navy blue with the white polo stripe myself. The ones they wore in South Africa.

Comment

We've got the Where's Waldo jersey on the bottom pic, which I like and think is rather fitting for Team USA and not really used elsewhere in the world.

I also liked the sash jerseys, and actually, looking back at all of them, the Bomb pop works for me now too. I don't really like our current jerseys.
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
            Very true...I don't think anyone realizes how difficult road games in CONCACAF really are...It's part of the laughter from Europeans too...they don't realize how crappy the conditions can be at pretty much all but USA and Canada can be for the visitor. The US has never won at Azteca in a WC Qualifier and rarely gotten goals let alone points there...EVER.
            Eurosnobs love to rag on CONCACAF Qualifying but then talk about how Euro Qualifying is so tough. Wish our group had Andorra or San Marino or Faroe Islands along with the highly centralized nature of UEFA resulting in better field conditions and referees.
            I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
              Eurosnobs love to rag on CONCACAF Qualifying but then talk about how Euro Qualifying is so tough. Wish our group had Andorra or San Marino or Faroe Islands along with the highly centralized nature of UEFA resulting in better field conditions and referees.
              On the other end, you have to finish first to guarantee qualifying in Europe, whereas a 3rd place finish in the hex gets you through and a 4th place finish gets you a playoff. There's no doubt the hex is more forgiving, even granted that if CONCACAF were to go to a Europe style format, the US would never have to play Mexico or Costa Rica.

Comment

USMNST kit history

Kits (in chronological order) that I would allow again even with slight variation:

1916 - love the logo
                1934 - just gorgeous
                1984 (blue)
                1988 (both)
                1992 (home)
                1994 (home)
                1998 (both)
                2000 (both) the best combo platter of the last 50 years by far
                2008 (home)
                2010 (both)
                2012 (both)
                Last edited by Slap Shot; 06-12-2017, 04:35 PM.

Comment

2023 Women's World Cup to Australia????

http://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/06/13/0...en-s-world-cup
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    2023 Women's World Cup to Australia????

http://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/06/13/0...en-s-world-cup
                    Seems reasonable.
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

FIFA Confederation Cup starts this morning.
                      Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                      dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                      wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

A 60 minute (stop time) match????,

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...ical-shake-up/
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Kenny Saief cleared to play for US.
                          PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            As someone who hates radical changes, GOOD! Timed play is just a better technology. I understand tradition but f-ck it, I don't want the clock burning while Sergio Azzurri writhes on the pitch.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

while mookie was in the uk he got 20 quid down on newcastle to win the premiership at 500-1

so hopefully there will be a football celebration party in some 10 odd months hosted by him
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                while mookie was in the uk he got 20 quid down on newcastle to win the premiership at 500-1

so hopefully there will be a football celebration party in some 10 odd months hosted by him
                                You're flying us all to UAE?
                                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Working...
                                X