This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: World Soccer XXVII: The REAL Football

Well, unless something happens in the next 2-3 minutes, Leicester only needs to win one of their last three (or draw their last three) to take the title, even if Spurs win out.

Edit: And it's official. Leicester have to simply not **** the bed and that title is theirs. Incredible.
    Last edited by ExileOnDaytonStreet; 04-25-2016, 03:54 PM.
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Todays LC vs Man U game was so entertaining.! Just a great game. I would have guessed there would have been someone score in the second half but no. I thought the game could have been called a bit more tightly, but whatever. I guess we'll have to wait until tomorrow to see what happens with spurs.
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
        Todays LC vs Man U game was so entertaining.! Just a great game. I would have guessed there would have been someone score in the second half but no. I thought the game could have been called a bit more tightly, but whatever. I guess we'll have to wait until tomorrow to see what happens with spurs.
        Agreed about the ref letting some stuff go, but both Manchester and Leicester both took advantage. It was called consistently and that's all you could ask for. Leicester seemed to start out somewhat nervous and that's what led to the MU goal. They settled down afterwards, but by then the damage had been done.
        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

I'm definitely dvring the next lcfc game

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Nevermind. The boring version just played out.

Although it was a (somewhat entertainingly) chaotic game at Stamford Bridge, so maybe not too boring.

Comment

Buster Douglas was 42-1 to beat Tyson.
              The longest shot to ever win the Kentucky Derby was 91-1.
              The St Louis Rams were 125-1 to win Super Bowl 34.
              The Minnesota Twins were 300-1 to win the 1991 World Series.
              The Miracle on Ice United States hockey team was 1000-1 to win gold in 1980.
              Leicester was 5000-1 to win the Premier League title.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                And here Mookie was ecstatic when he cashed the Saints at 26-1
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                  Somewhere in Leicester is a man who just won so many pounds.
                  U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                  Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                  But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                    Somewhere in Leicester is a man who just won so many pounds.
                    Reportedly, Tom Hanks won $730,000. His publicist wasn't sure if he's joking or not.

Comment

In other news, we have new leaders in the "biggest hipster group" in US Soccer.
                      I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Yowza

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                          Yowza
                          It's a doozy ain't it.
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

It's a doozy ain't it.
                            That's one way to say it.

Comment

I know a few people who have gone to DCFC games and know one who was pretty involved in the NGS before moving. Let's just say they took the crown for biggest hipsters a couple years back. Really seems like more of a group concerned with being known for being a fan base more than concerned about the club.

This argument seems to crop up on social media once a year or so, and the response from their camp is always "we don't want to be in MLS, we like cheering for our players because they play for the love of the game" in addition to feeling like they're closer to the club than they would be if it's MLS. Which is fine, whatever, but they throw a hissy fit every time it's brought up about how MLS is only for the money. Well, duh. Ever since 1869 in Cincinnati that's what sports has been about. If you want to keep cheering for your summer wooden bat league equivalent soccer team, that's cool, but the rest of the state would rather get behind an MLS team. Would you rather root for the Detroit Tigers or the Battle Creek Bombers?
                              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                                I know a few people who have gone to DCFC games and know one who was pretty involved in the NGS before moving. Let's just say they took the crown for biggest hipsters a couple years back. Really seems like more of a group concerned with being known for being a fan base more than concerned about the club.

This argument seems to crop up on social media once a year or so, and the response from their camp is always "we don't want to be in MLS, we like cheering for our players because they play for the love of the game" in addition to feeling like they're closer to the club than they would be if it's MLS. Which is fine, whatever, but they throw a hissy fit every time it's brought up about how MLS is only for the money. Well, duh. Ever since 1869 in Cincinnati that's what sports has been about. If you want to keep cheering for your summer wooden bat league equivalent soccer team, that's cool, but the rest of the state would rather get behind an MLS team. Would you rather root for the Detroit Tigers or the Battle Creek Bombers?
                                They're being taken down pretty savagely on Reddit right now for good reason. It just seems that they think they're a unique snowflake and want the rest of us to know that when reality is they're a bunch a d-bags being used to further someone else's goals (which, hey, all of us are in that position). They've really alienated themselves from anybody who'd actually support them with their rant, they essentially burned the bridges to like 95% of soccer fans in the US.
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X