X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    When can we move on from klinsmann?
    Never it seems. He should've been fired after the Gold Cup.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Re: World Soccer XXVII: The REAL Football

Honest question:

What should he have done differently with the lineup last night?
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
        Honest question:

What should he have done differently with the lineup last night?
        Gonzalez over Cameron, Pulisic over Zardes, Feilhaber/Nagbe/Nguyen/practically anyone over Jones. Play an actual 4-4-2. Practice set pieces. Stop playing Bradley as a CAM. You know the same kind of stuff that people have been saying for 3+ years.
        I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          Gonzalez over Cameron, Pulisic over Zardes, Feilhaber/Nagbe/Nguyen/practically anyone over Jones. Play an actual 4-4-2. Practice set pieces. Stop playing Bradley as a CAM. You know the same kind of stuff that people have been saying for 3+ years.
          Well maybe, but I look at it differently. If you contrast the quality of play from the team over the last 3 years and specifically if you look at the quality of play comparing the team during the world cup to last night, I think we are definitely better now. Sure, losing isn't so great, but Columbia is a top 3 team for a reason. I'd say in particular the defense is better. It was night and day compared to how we played vs Belgium. ( and I don't think Gonzales is all that good but that's just mho)
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
            Well maybe, but I look at it differently. If you contrast the quality of play from the team over the last 3 years and specifically if you look at the quality of play comparing the team during the world cup to last night, I think we are definitely better now. Sure, losing isn't so great, but Columbia is a top 3 team for a reason. I'd say in particular the defense is better. It was night and day compared to how we played vs Belgium. ( and I don't think Gonzales is all that good but that's just mho)
            The problem is, was, and will be Klinsmann and his tactical naivety. We have good players but he just plays lineups that make no sense. Why were Zardes and Wood played on the wings when neither of them are wingers? I mean there are players in the pool that can play wing. Why does he insist Michael Bradley play further up the field when it is clearly not his best use? And why do this when we have players available that can play that position?

As for Gonzalez, he just won a Championship in Mexico with Pachuca as a starter. He's frankly better than Geoff Cameron, who really should be playing right back like at Stoke.
            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

My take isn't as in depth. The same issues have plagued us for years now. Concede early, have to chase the game. And now i don't see the attacking talent to overcome it.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                Our defense played like crap last night. There were a ton of unforced giveaways and dumb mistakes, not to mention losing the man on the corner which led to the first goal and the handball leading to the second.

Comment

After 1 game, Group A is

COL 1-0-0 3 +2
                  CRC 0-0-1 1 0
                  PAR 0-0-1 1 0
                  USA 0-1-0 0 -2

Costa Rica did get a red card in the last couple minutes.
                  Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                    After 1 game, Group A is

COL 1-0-0 3 +2
                    CRC 0-0-1 1 0
                    PAR 0-0-1 1 0
                    USA 0-1-0 0 -2

Costa Rica did get a red card in the last couple minutes.
                    Well that was about the best possible result for us.
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Well that was about the best possible result for us.
                      Ideally Colombia wins out (as I think they should) and we still control our own destiny.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Brazil just got a huge break.

Comment

I think you have to remember that Altidore is hurt and the line up most likely would have been a lot different with him in it. Having said that, yes our formation could have been better. Though I didn't think we played all that badly overall, no one really played well either, except maybe Guzan.
                          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Some day Mexico is going to hammered for their fans chanting "puto!" every kick.

Some day.
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Some day Mexico is going to hammered for their fans chanting "puto!" every kick.

Some day.
                              And now they are throwing stuff at Uruguayan players

Comment

It's about to hit the fan in Glendale. Mexico was up a goal and a man until they had Guardado sent off and Uruguay scores on the free kick. Stuff has already been thrown. Dis gun be gud.
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X