X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: World Soccer XXVII: The REAL Football

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    Yeah, I'm not sure who the best would be at "left back" in this formation but overall, I think it fits this team better...giving more chances for Yedlin and Johnson to trade off getting involved in the offense.
    I don't know enough about these guys to say who's best in the left/right back position vs. central defense, and I have to confess that I don't know the rest of the bench very well (hadn't really even heard of Castillo or Birnbaum before, and only vaguely recognize Orozco's name, despite those three having nearly 50 caps between them), so I'm a bit at a loss to know who would be the right people to fill the job.

Looking through the "recent call-ups" list on Wikipedia and I see some curious omissions. Some of them are retired and/or probably past their prime (Beasley, Spector, Evans), some are injured (Chandler might have otherwise been a shoo-in, yes?), and some probably aren't as good as I thought they are/were/could be (Lichaj, Ream). But I had thought Gonzalez and Miazga would've been locks to be on this roster over some of the others. It's likely that I simply don't recall who exactly were the weak links in Brazil and the 2015 Gold Cup, and maybe I'm guilty of believing the hype for Miazga when he's still a work in progress.

I figure either Klinsmann is a mystery or "he saw something in training" or one of you more knowledgable followers of the USMNT can shed some light as to the makeup of the squad when one of our biggest weaknesses seems to be leaving off (to my less knowledgeable eye) potentially better players.
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

One glaring thing in this first half: It's Jones going forward and not Bradley.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
        One glaring thing in this first half: It's Jones going forward and not Bradley.
        I guess the boys want Jurgen as coach.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Great half, hideous uniforms. Black? And the red is more like purple.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
            I'm listening to a replay of yesterday's Counterattack on SiriusXM and one of the commentators threw out a lineup saying that that current pool screams 3-5-2.

-----------Dempsey-------Wood-------------
            ----------Jones---Bradley---Nagbe----------
            --Johnson---------------------------Yedlin---
            --------Besler-----Brooks----Cameron------

Thoughts?
            I read a great comment somewhere today to the effect of "unfortunately the positives of Zardes almost doing something good are offset by the negatives of him almost doing something bad." That nails how I've been feeling about that guy, constantly looking like he's about to do something, and then never doing it.

I loved his work rate last night. I couldn't believe how many times I said "how is he there when he was just all the way up there." So I love him for that and even hesitate to take him off and lose that but he just outright doesn't have the skill to play at this level - wasted multiple, glaring scoring chances, dribbles to nowhere, constantly gets knocked down or dispossessed in the slightest traffic. I'm not sure I'd even have him on the bench let alone in the starting lineup going 90 minutes.
            I went home with a waitress the way I always do
            How was I to know she was with the russians, too?

Comment

Pretty simple now. Just tie and advance. Unless Costa Rica comes out and beats Colombia by 6.

In Group B, a lot could happen, but it will be a combination of Brazil, Peru, and Ecuador.
              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

I really don't know anything about Paraguay. Will a clear and defining result (positive or negative) against them do anything to Jurgens position?

Comment

Reading about things the referee crew for the Mexico - Jamaica game tonight is a crew thrown together of the reserve referees and ARs from different countries. *show potential is very high.
                  I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Ah the well behaved English and French football fans. It must be time for Euro 2016!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...e-ahead-of-eu/
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Mexico is going to * around and win this tournament...
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

England just England'd. Lol.

Comment

Come on Clint, need to put that one on net.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                            Come on Clint, need to put that one on net.
                            From your mouth to Clint's ears to the twine.

1-0.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                              From your mouth to Clint's ears to the twine.

1-0.
                              Yup, he didn't let that beautiful feed go to waste!

Comment

John Brooks had a pretty good game.
                                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Working...
                                X