Off season notes and news....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Off season notes and news....

The new Potsdam assistant is holding out for all you can eat at Arby's (which is also on the other side of the river).
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Ladies and Gentlemen, a big welcome to Wilkes University. Should be a big rivalry with Kings.

http://www.gowilkesu.com/news/2016/8...k-qp8M.twitter
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        Ladies and Gentlemen, a big welcome to Wilkes University. Should be a big rivalry with Kings.

The fun never ends

Comment

With the rapid expansion of the ECAC West, the loss of UNE and the rumored loss of St. A's and St. Mike's, is there any chance the NEHC could entice one of the existing ECAC West members to defect to their conference? Perhaps Utica to serve as travel partners with Skidmore?
          Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
          University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye22 View Post
            With the rapid expansion of the ECAC West, the loss of UNE and the rumored loss of St. A's and St. Mike's, is there any chance the NEHC could entice one of the existing ECAC West members to defect to their conference? Perhaps Utica to serve as travel partners with Skidmore?
            that would mean that The U would have to travel as much as the rest of the gang

Comment

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
              that would mean that The U would have to travel as much as the rest of the gang
              You must spread rep.....

Priceless
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

The new Potsdam assistant is holding out for all you can eat at Arby's (which is also on the other side of the river).
                http://www.potsdambears.com/news/201...rer083016.aspx
                Russell Jaslow
                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Good news for Lebanon Valley

http://www.chocolatehockey.com/2016/...hletic-giving/
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Always like the double sense of the name Hershey Bears (B'ars).
                    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

I wonder if the MAC is trying to get their 7 teams so that they can have their own conference in hockey, too, and split from the ECAC-West leaving them in the cold again.

Comment

• Originally posted by dhammond View Post
                        I wonder if the MAC is trying to get their 7 teams so that they can have their own conference in hockey, too, and split from the ECAC-West leaving them in the cold again.
                        13 is too big for a D3 conference. Given a 25 game count, 10 seems to be the max for a conference. If we split the ECAC-W in two and poach Morrisville....

I can get the MAC to 7: Chatham, Kings, Wilkes, Manhattanville, Neumann, Lebanon Valley,and Stevenson.

I can get the ECAC-W to 6: Morrisville, Canton, Elmira, Hobart, Nazareth, and Utica.

Some D3 school in NYS needs to start a hockey program.

It is RIT's fault.
                        Last edited by joecct; 09-03-2016, 06:25 AM.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          13 is too big for a D3 conference. Given a 25 game count, 10 seems to be the max for a conference. If we split the ECAC-W in two and poach Morrisville....

I can get the MAC to 7: Chatham, Kings, Wilkes, Manhattanville, Neumann, Lebanon Valley,and Stevenson.

I can get the ECAC-W to 6: Morrisville, Canton, Elmira, Hobart, Nazareth, and Utica.

Some D3 school in NYS needs to start a hockey program.

It is RIT's fault.
                          I wonder what the latest is with NYU. Supposedly they were looking to go D3. Canton might be doable. Not sure about Morrisville as they are already in a conference. I guess we'll see, but it sure looks like the MAC is preparing to pull away.
                          Even 11 teams is too much for 1 conference. I don't think playing 20 conference games is a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by dhammond View Post
                            I wonder what the latest is with NYU. Supposedly they were looking to go D3. Canton might be doable. Not sure about Morrisville as they are already in a conference. I guess we'll see, but it sure looks like the MAC is preparing to pull away.
                            Even 11 teams is too much for 1 conference. I don't think playing 20 conference games is a good thing.
                            Back in the days of the ECAC East before the split, there were 18 teams and they played each other once per year.

Comment

• Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                              Back in the days of the ECAC East before the split, there were 18 teams and they played each other once per year.
                              Weren't there 20? 10 ECAC East and 10 NESCAC?
                              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                                Weren't there 20? 10 ECAC East and 10 NESCAC?
                                With the interlock that was true, but Castleton and St. Mikes were added later, and we had MCLA (aka North Adams) for 9 non-NESCAC teams, and Tufts played in the ECAC NE, so there were 9 NESCACS. Teams came and went but typically there were 18. Travel partners were regional rather than by league (for example, NU and Midd were partners). Of course all of this may have been in place before you were born
                                Last edited by NUProf; 09-04-2016, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X