Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Off season notes and news....

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Probably for their coding purposes they put them in there? Would be my guess. Daniel Webester IS NOT part of NEHC for 2016-17. They are in a scheduling agreement where the games count for the standings.
    Oh ok. I didn't realize the games counted in the standings. I thought they were just schedule fillers. That make more sense then.
    Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
    University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

Statement from Daniel Webster.

We can now confirm. Women's team is dead. Men's team will play out the year. Still sad what has happened to this school, but under the circumstances I think this is best anybody could hope for. Could luck to the Eagles in their final season.

Comment

• With all the talk about conference shifting what about the NEHC? One more year for SMC ... maybe St A's too if they don't go through with the move to D-3 ... Daniel Webster is a one year placeholder. So who could come in? Any thoughts on J&W? Suffolk? Whomever?

Comment

Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
          With all the talk about conference shifting what about the NEHC? One more year for SMC ... maybe St A's too if they don't go through with the move to D-3 ... Daniel Webster is a one year placeholder. So who could come in? Any thoughts on J&W? Suffolk? Whomever?
          The NEHC is currently making schedule plans for a seven-team conference for 2017-18, but is certainly open to expansion and have reached out to numerous schools about the possibility of joining.
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

Montclair State and MIT both have on campus arenas. Somebody get on the horn to their alumni and tell them to get a team up and running (or back up and running in MIT's case).

Comment

Prezde

Lost in all this discussion, I do believe we have enough teams for a 12 team NCAA tournament. Do we?

How close to lucky 13??
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                The NEHC is currently making schedule plans for a seven-team conference for 2017-18, but is certainly open to expansion and have reached out to numerous schools about the possibility of joining.
                Would a 7 team league play an 18 game schedule with each opponent played 3 times and do away with the concept of travel partners? That would represent a major historical shift in the way that the league has functioned for many, many years.
                2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

• Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                  Would a 7 team league play an 18 game schedule with each opponent played 3 times and do away with the concept of travel partners? That would represent a major historical shift in the way that the league has functioned for many, many years.
                  And with a 7 team league in theory one team each weekend is not playing a conference game.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    And with a 7 team league in theory one team each weekend is not playing a conference game.
                    You can have one team playing at home and have one opponent on Friday and a different one on Saturday or Sunday
                    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Not sure if anyone mentioned this but I was at the Utica Comets/Syracuse Crunch preseason game and former Buff State goalie Kevin Carr played the third period for Utica. He looked pretty good. Brought back some nightmares from watching him against my Cardinals!

Comment

If the D3 refs take anything from D1 refs so far this year, teams had better bone up on the special teams,a boat load of penalties called in the first week of action,I would think they loosen up???

Comment

Originally posted by sticksnstones View Post
                          Not sure if anyone mentioned this but I was at the Utica Comets/Syracuse Crunch preseason game and former Buff State goalie Kevin Carr played the third period for Utica. He looked pretty good. Brought back some nightmares from watching him against my Cardinals!
                          yes he had a PTO with the Canucks,seems as he has done some serious netminding the last 2 yrs and is making a name for himself,as he did in D3.best of luck to him.

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                            If the D3 refs take anything from D1 refs so far this year, teams had better bone up on the special teams,a boat load of penalties called in the first week of action,I would think they loosen up???
                            All NCAA refs, regardless of division, are supposed to follow the emphasis of the year, so yes, expect a lot of penalties called.
                            Russell Jaslow
                            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

What Russell dreams of:

https://goo.gl/photos/L4NsHztoNYF7PA6c9
                              Last edited by joecct; 10-18-2016, 09:15 PM.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                But ya cant drink out of it

Comment

Working...
                                X