Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: St. Cloud State Huskies - 2016-2017 Thread

Originally posted by SCSUhuskies View Post
    SCSU is ranked 4th in the NCHC preseason poll.
    http://www.scsuhuskies.com/news/2016...ason-poll.aspx
    We know how meaningful these are. St. Cloud never finishes high in these things. Duluth gets picked ahead of us almost every year, even though they only actually finish ahead of us once every 5 years. I don't even care that we lost our top 6 scorers. Duluth was barely .500 last year. AND THEY GOT 2 FIRST PLACE VOTES!!!!! Who are these people?!?!?!?

St. Cloud will finish 3rd at worst.
    Originally posted by SJHovey
    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
    Originally posted by Brenthoven
    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Huskies win the exhibition against Regina 6-2. Aside from a few minor defensive issues in the second period, I was happy with what I saw. They played hard and showed lots of potential.

All three of the goalies got playing time, I thought Driscoll looked the best.

Comment

This is going to be a long season. While I expect the offense to show up on a more regular basis, the defense will continue to be leaky outside the top pair and we don't have a top end goalie stepping forward yet to make them look better than they are a la Lindgren many times over the past couple years. It's going to be a long season.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          This is going to be a long season. While I expect the offense to show up on a more regular basis, the defense will continue to be leaky outside the top pair and we don't have a top end goalie stepping forward yet to make them look better than they are a la Lindgren many times over the past couple years. It's going to be a long season.
          Do they have a goalie that could be a top end goalie?

Comment

Originally posted by Sioux-perDrunk View Post
            Do they have a goalie that could be a top end goalie?
            Maybe. Nobody's stepped forward yet to show it though. We have two freshmen and a sophomore in the trio, so someone could become the solid net minder eventually. And they're all kind of on the small side for goalies these days, 5'11" to 6'2". I'm not optimistic, and I doubt our D corps will be of much help to them this season to let any one goalie gain the necessary confidence to excel in this league.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Maybe. Nobody's stepped forward yet to show it though. We have two freshmen and a sophomore in the trio, so someone could become the solid net minder eventually. And they're all kind of on the small side for goalies these days, 5'11" to 6'2". I'm not optimistic, and I doubt our D corps will be of much help to them this season to let any one goalie gain the necessary confidence to excel in this league.
              That's crazy it's hard to believe st cloud without a good goalie that's usually one of your strong suits.

Comment

Too early to say the D will be leaky outside the top and we don't have a goalie who could step up.
                We are young but these guys will get better once they develop some chemistry.
                It was going to be bumpy but there is a ton of talent here...give it time.
                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Huskies beat UAH 5-1, SOG 53-16. First two periods were a bit rough (1-1 after two) but they came out firing in the third. Now let's get the sweep tomorrow.

Comment

Husckeys light the lamp in Coloradical tonight!

Time for a sweep to accumulate some Conference points.

Who is in net tomorrow for St. Cloud?

Comment

Working...
                    X