Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2016-17 Schedules

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
    Also, I forgot that this was that once-every-six-years season where Plattsburgh plays a butt-ton of home games. Only 2 road games before New Year's, and only 9 overall (although all of February is on the road... at least before Playoffs, and possibly further). Now I just wait for the women's schedule before doing the crazy process of figuring out which games I'm attending for each team...
    This is the confluence of the Primelink which is on a three year cycle and the two year cycle in which both NU and Midd go to Plattsburgh. Since 2 and 3 are relatively prime integers (all prime numbers are, of course relatively prime), these events occur simultaneously every 6 years. The length of a cycle generated by two relatively prime integers is the product of the integers.
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
      This is the confluence of the Primelink which is on a three year cycle and the two year cycle in which both NU and Midd go to Plattsburgh. Since 2 and 3 are relatively prime integers (all prime numbers are, of course relatively prime), these events occur simultaneously every 6 years. The length of a cycle generated by two relatively prime integers is the product of the integers.
      Norwich experienced this last year with 16 home games.
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

You have stated the prime link to the cycle relatively well
        Larry Normandin
        SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
        WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

I knew this, of course. I had just lost track of where we were in the 6-year cycle. This used to mitigated by the fact that the Castleton and Skidmore games were home when Norwihc, Midd, and Williams games were away... now that Skidmore and Castleton have been replaced with a home-and-home against Canton, it's 1 game worse when this happens.
          Plattsburgh CARDINALS
          SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
          ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
          NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
          NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
          NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
          NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

UNE's schedule is out. No NEHC opponents unfortunately, but a game against Bowdoin and two against Colby. Other highlights are a home exhibition against the US U-18 Team and a weekend road trip at Utica and Hobart. A lot of weekday games. I'm surprised many of the home games are on weekdays. I figured the reason most CCC/ECAC-NE schools played during the week was because they didn't have control over their own ice, but that's not the case for UNE.

http://athletics.une.edu/schedule.as...1&path=mhockey
            Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
            University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye22 View Post
              UNE's schedule is out. No NEHC opponents unfortunately, but a game against Bowdoin and two against Colby. Other highlights are a home exhibition against the US U-18 Team and a weekend road trip at Utica and Hobart. A lot of weekday games. I'm surprised many of the home games are on weekdays. I figured the reason most CCC/ECAC-NE schools played during the week was because they didn't have control over their own ice, but that's not the case for UNE.

See Salem State & the MASCAC. They went from Friday night/Saturday Afternoon in the ECAC-E to Thursday / Saturday 2pm. But no overnight trips which saves athletic $$.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                See Salem State & the MASCAC. They went from Friday night/Saturday Afternoon in the ECAC-E to Thursday / Saturday 2pm. But no overnight trips which saves athletic $$.
                Their schedule had to match the rest of the league's schedule. If the rest of the teams in the league play Thursday/Saturday afternoon, in order to make a viable schedule even a team that controls its own building has to do that as well. Otherwise, you will have teams playing with different amounts of rest. If everybody plays Thursday and Sat PM, then none of teams playing on Sat PM will have played on Friday night.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye22 View Post

No USM! Hard to imagine that couldn't be done! I don't so much mind the Thursday/Saturday schedule so much, but after watching the likes of Norwich, Babson, UMass Boston, NEC and St. A's, and the intense rivalry with USM, it's going to be very different.

Going back to the old days of UNE, when it was St. Francis College, they had many of these schools on their schedule. There were some pretty entertaining games played at the old Biddeford Ice Arena. However, there seems to be a big difference between Becker and Norwich! And I still struggle with no USM on the schedule!

But, I am still looking forward to Oct 28 when they start again. Enjoy the summer!

Comment

USM's Schedule:

October
                    Sat.29 WENTWORTH 5:00
                    November
                    Fri.4 at Norwich *7:00
                    Sat.5 at St. Michael's *4:00
                    Fri.11 DANIEL WEBSTER *7:00
                    Fri.18 at Babson *7:00
                    Sat.19 at UMass Boston *4:00
                    Tue.22 at Salem State 7:00
                    Sat.26 at Trinity 7:00
                    Sun.27 at Wesleyan 4:00
                    December
                    Fri.2 NEW ENGLAND COLLEGE *7:00
                    Sat.3 SAINT ANSELM *4:00
                    Tue.6 at Bowdoin 7:00
                    January
                    Fri.6 at Skidmore *7:00
                    Sat.7 at Castleton *4:00
                    Fri.13 ST. MICHAEL'S *7:00
                    Sat.14 NORWICH *4:00
                    Tue.17 COLBY7:00
                    Sat.21 at Daniel Webster *7:00
                    Tue.24 BOWDOIN 7:00
                    Fri.27 UMASS BOSTON *7:00
                    Sat.28 BABSON *4:00
                    February
                    Fri.3 at Saint Anselm *7:00
                    Sat.4 at New England College *4:00
                    Fri.10 CASTLETON *7:00
                    Sat.11 SKIDMORE *4:00
                    Sat.18 NEHC Quarterfinals TBA
                    Sat.25 NEHC East Semifinals TBA
                    March
                    Sat.3 NEHC East Championship TBA
                    * -- NEHC Games
                    As of 1 June 2016

Comment

NEHC East?

Somebody oopsed on Ctrl-H.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        NEHC East?

Somebody oopsed on Ctrl-H.
                        Or maybe the ECAC West will be joining forces with the NEHC and this is the subtle way of releasing that (j/k)

Comment

I haven't said this before, but I am also going to miss the Norwich game at Biddeford because of all the old Norwich players and alum who seem to travel with the team. I had a chance to chat with a couple of older guys (maybe some on here!), about the old days of college hockey. Norwich just traveled so well, they were a lot of fun to have in the building and they were really appreciative of good hockey. They were also very used to the Cadets playing good hockey, so they knew what to appreciate. Hopefully, there will be a time when this will all happen again.

Comment

Brockport schedule:

http://www.gobrockport.com/schedule.aspx?path=mhockey

There's conflicting information. Plattsburgh's schedule says they play at Brockport on Friday, February 17. Brockport's schedule says they host Plattsburgh on Saturday, February 18.
                            Russell Jaslow
                            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                              Brockport schedule:

http://www.gobrockport.com/schedule.aspx?path=mhockey

There's conflicting information. Plattsburgh's schedule says they play at Brockport on Friday, February 17. Brockport's schedule says they host Plattsburgh on Saturday, February 18.
                              Since both agree that Brockport/Plattsburgh is the Saturday game in the fall, I'm willing to bet Brockport is roght in saying it's the Saturday game in the spring, too.
                              Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                              SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                              ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                              NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                              NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                              NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                              NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                                Since both agree that Brockport/Plattsburgh is the Saturday game in the fall, I'm willing to bet Brockport is roght in saying it's the Saturday game in the spring, too.
                                Don't Fridays and Saturdays get flipped in the second half of the season compared to the first half.

Comment

Working...
                                X