Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2016 Off-Season: Good Things are Taking Shape... The Shape of an Oval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2016 Off-Season: Good Things are Taking Shape... The Shape of an Ov

Originally posted by eye4talent View Post
    Goalies are in good hands with coach Shawhan.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zi-NlxlSJwo
    I don't know the first thing about netminding, but the thing that caught my eye was Kero seemed to have a lot of quickness. Quick move, quick move, quick move. "Beef" reminded me of Phillips - methodical almost to the point if you wondered if he was fully awake. Not saying it's worse as clearly it worked pretty well for Phillips.

If Wintjes gets the start and Tech goes down a couple goals early, they Misfits are going to have to brush up on their 80's pop culture and ask Coach...

Who's going to the first to make a T-shirt with Angus' face in the middle of that bun?

Useless trivia - Angus is also rostered wearing the highest number ever worn by a Michigan Tech player - #37. Nolan and Redmond are the only two players to ever wear a number higher than 35 in the history of Tech Hockey (according to my records anyway).

Ryan J
    Last edited by JohnsonsJerseys; 09-29-2016, 03:24 PM.
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2016 Off-Season: Good Things are Taking Shape... The Shape of an Ov

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
      One thing bothers me about this page...
      http://www.michigantechhuskies.com/sports/mice/index
      Didn't we just win our 7th WCHA championship?
      Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
      I thought the same thing back in March. I looked into it at that time and our other MacNaughton Cup was for a playoff championship.

Here is what Wiki says:
      MacNaughton Cups Won by Michigan Tech (outright or co-winner)
      1961-62 WCHA Tourney (Tech also won the WCHA regular season)
      1964-65 WCHA Tourney (UND won the regular season)

1965-66 WCHA Season (Cup is now awarded to regular season champ, how convenient)
      1968-69 WCHA Season
      1970-71 WCHA Season
      1975-76 WCHA Season
      2015-16 WCHA Season (shared)

So that's our 7th MacNaughton Cup, but only 6th WCHA regular season title.
      But any graphics we do for the team should be with seven cups. ;-)
      Ok, I know we've already had this discussion but has the rest of the league already given up for 2016-17? Are we putting the cart before the Husky? Anyone else catch this? Six? Seven? EIGHT? WCHA Championships? Put us down for a half-dozen NCAA titles while we're padding our stats. Well... Do it again. Do it again. We liked it. We liked it.
      Ryan

Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
      Originally posted by geezer
      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
      Originally posted by manurespreader
      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

I think pretty much everyone from the NCHC expects Duluth to sweep.
        I think it will be very close, but I don't think that's an accurate assessment.

Here's the Scott Sandlin presser from weds.He discusses Tech at about 8 30.

http://www.umdbulldogs.com/news/2016...-sandelin.aspx
        Last edited by manurespreader; 10-01-2016, 07:06 AM.
        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Here's the news release from Duluth.
          http://www.umdbulldogs.com/news/2016...igan-tech.aspx

Comment

Based on this performance, we could easily be looking at digging out of a 3-7 or 2-8 hole here at the end of October.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              Based on this performance, we could easily be looking at digging out of a 3-7 or 2-8 hole here at the end of October.
              I wouldn't be pushing the panic button after 2 periods into the season.
              MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
              2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                I'm starting to think the same thing. Rough start with the 5 min major though and we still have to see the other goalies. For some reason I've never had that great of a feeling about Wintjes.

Comment

Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
                  I wouldn't be pushing the panic button after 2 periods into the season.
                  Agreed, especially trying to break in a brand new goalie.

I'll flash the concern button if tomorrow is more of the same.

Tend to agree on the weird feeling about Wintjes... and I cannot explain it in any way
                  In Mel We Trust(ed)

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    Angus will save us. Tech will have a winning record after running the gauntlet, think happy thoughts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                      Angus will save us. Tech will have a winning record after running the gauntlet, think happy thoughts.
                      My guess would be Redmond gets the start tomorrow. Might as well give them all a chance to see what they can do.
                      Took some dumb penalties tonight. That doesn't help matters either.
                      MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
                      2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
                        My guess would be Redmond gets the start tomorrow. Might as well give them all a chance to see what they can do.
                        Took some dumb penalties tonight. That doesn't help matters either.
                        Well I think the defense will come around, but the offense concerns me. UMD had a 3 on 1 and scored. we had a 3 on 1 and missed the net. That kind of thing could turn out to be an issue.

Comment

ouch, under Mel's tenure we're usually at least in the game

Mel's postgame with Dirk:
                          5 min major put us on our heels, couldn't get going from there
                          A step behind all night, quickness/puck handling, we were not sharp
                          Mostly mentally not in the game, looked dicombobulated
                          Did not play well defensively, Vet D struggled, that's being kind
                          Told team, find out where you are, we have a lot of work to do
                          Every facet of the game, what will we show our team, not many positives to show our team
                          We have a veteran laden team, a little disapointed
                          Some good looks on PP, a few good scoring opportunities, not a lot
                          Goaltending: it's hard, they haven't played games for a long time, UMD guy played games last year in juniors at least
                          Be patient, this was worst performance Mel has seen in a long time
                          We have to bounce back tomorrow, look at tape, Watson cramped up, missed some 3rd period shifts, we have bodies here
                          Credit to UMD, they came out and played a pretty good game
                          Smith and Beretta were a couple positive spots in our lineup
                          Not sure on Goaltending, maybe throw in Angus to see what he can do

Comment

Blech.

Comment

Tech allowed several goals this weekend in the last 30 or 40 seconds of a period. That has to get better.

Comment

Terrible, pathetic weekend. Pretty much nothing good to take away from it, honestly not looking forward to this season after this weekend, I had so much hope but after the two turds we left on the ice this weekend it pretty much all gone. I guess the only good thing to say about this weekend is at least we didn't get swept by UAH.
                                2005-2006: 7-25-6
                                2006-2007: 18-17-5
                                2007-2008: 14-20-5
                                2008-2009: 6-25-7
                                2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Working...
                                X