• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Harvard Crimson 2016-2017

Strong (community) work!

http://www.gocrimson.com/sports/mice...20160831e4t0cv

Comment

RPI Blog Without a Peer's yearly post about Harvard. http://www.withoutapeer.com/2016/09/...y-harvard.html

Disclaimer: I have no connection with WaP except as a reader.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Nice video of Wyllum Deveaux, slated for Harvard in 2018 or 2019. Playing in USHl this year as a 16 year old which says something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z9oXqoJ_ho

Comment

Harvard picks up a big recruit in 2001 D Henry Thrun out of St Mark's.
          Last edited by bothman; 09-25-2016, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Jack Kirrane passed away yesterday. Among his accomplishments, he drove the Zamboni at Bright, retiring some time in the mid-90's. Back when Harvard had a decent student section, they would applaud him as he left the ice and he would tip his cap to them. The last game, they made up a jersey for him. RIP Jack.

http://brookline.wickedlocal.com/new...ne-passes-away

Comment

Went to the Garden last night with the kids' youth hockey program, and we were pleased to see Kyle Criscuolo making (I believe) his NHL pre-season debut with a nice first period deflection goal too. Good for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                RPI Blog Without a Peer's yearly post about Harvard. http://www.withoutapeer.com/2016/09/...y-harvard.html

Disclaimer: I have no connection with WaP except as a reader.
                He left out Vic Newell on D who was injured most of last year. When healthy, he is one of Harvard's better offensive D and we'll need him this year. I also think that his recaps of the RPI-Harvard games were a little biased. Injuries and illnesses hit both squads at different times.

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson Faced View Post
                  Jack Kirrane passed away yesterday. Among his accomplishments, he drove the Zamboni at Bright, retiring some time in the mid-90's. Back when Harvard had a decent student section, they would applaud him as he left the ice and he would tip his cap to them. The last game, they made up a jersey for him. RIP Jack.

http://brookline.wickedlocal.com/new...ne-passes-away
                  I remember Jack as being one of those always positive types that never, ever failed to smile or wave at the students. Really sad to learn about this. Hope Harvard does something to honor him at the start of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson on the Glass View Post
                    Went to the Garden last night with the kids' youth hockey program, and we were pleased to see Kyle Criscuolo making (I believe) his NHL pre-season debut with a nice first period deflection goal too. Good for him.
                    I hope Kyle makes it. The Red Wings have a reputation for developing young players and their coach Jeff Blaisdell is young and a very good communicator. Will be fun to see Ranger and Red Wing games this year against the Bruins. As well as of course the Bolts. Man are they stacked.

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
                      Harvard picks up a recruit from the Chicago Steel in Baker Shore. Good bloodlines as brothers played at Denver. Wing who is due to come in 2018.

I think next year (2017-2018) season will be tough for Harvard (given graduation and a fairly weak incoming class in 2017), but assuming folks can get thru admissions and don't go to Major Junior, Harvard's recruits (beginning in 2018) are strong.
                      True but we are building a strong D with Reilly Walsh and Bode Wells coming in following Marino and Fox so the drop off shouldn't be too severe. I think we will surprise some folks this season.

Comment

Watching the Flyers-Rangers pre-season game and Jimmy Vesey took a vicious hit from behind along the boards from Radko Gudas, the Flyers resident goon. Gudas got kicked out. Vesey headed for the dressing room but he didn't look too bad.

Comment

Anyone going to the game tonight?

Comment

Freshman D Adam Fox with 4 assists. Harvard picked up two very good offensive, puck moving D in Fox and Marino.

Comment

OK, I know it isn't on the Crimson schedule page, but it's been on Dartmouth's since summer and their ticket office says it indeed is happening. Exhibition hockey Harvard at Dartmouth 4pm this coming Saturday. And we're going.

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson on the Glass View Post
                                OK, I know it isn't on the Crimson schedule page, but it's been on Dartmouth's since summer and their ticket office says it indeed is happening. Exhibition hockey Harvard at Dartmouth 4pm this coming Saturday. And we're going.
                                Have fun at the game. Be great if you can post your thoughts on the performance as well as line combinations etc.

I am headed to the games at Arizona State so looking forward to that.

Comment

Working...
                                X