Harvard Crimson 2016-2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Harvard Crimson 2016-2017

Congrats to Harvard who earned this trip to the Frozen Four. Good luck in Chicago.
    QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
    2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
    2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
    https://***********/QHockeyBlog
    https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
    https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Well, a win is a win! The 4 game road trip is half done, so far so good.

By the way they are saying it is Harvard vs. Duluth, I take it they are not matched up according to seeding? As in, it doesn't matter if Denver is in it or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crimson on the Glass View Post
        Well, a win is a win! The 4 game road trip is half done, so far so good.

By the way they are saying it is Harvard vs. Duluth, I take it they are not matched up according to seeding? As in, it doesn't matter if Denver is in it or not.
        Correct. They do not reseed in the NCAA tournament.

Comment

good job you
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Chicago Logistics:

I am seeing tickets for sale from Ticketmaster via NCAA.com for $175 + fees all session, in the upper level (300s). Not where we're used to sitting, but yes it gets us in the door. Only weird thing is they are showing only delivery option is mailing, 10-14 days to billing address. Haven't gotten all the way to paid checkout to see if Will Call or print at home is possible. Anyone know? Hopefully Will Call pick-up will be nothing like Providence, which was horrible.

Will the Harvard Ticket Office have an allotment that will trickle down to a first come first served offer to season ticket holders, as with Providence? Monday morning maybe?

Any other ideas for tickets, say from disgruntled BU fans, that do not involve shady meetings or trust me those are real tickets?

When we will know if Harvard has the early or late game Thursday? Is that up to the high seed's preference? This may limit our flight options.

Looking at flying into O'Hare and getting a hotel more downtown near the loop somewhere (for non-hockey sites, fun). Blue Line out to the Arena looks pretty easy, and it looks like for many games, events, there is a dedicated bus route out and back?

We'll check out all the museums, planetarium, Navy Pier, zoo, etc. Deep dish pizza and some beef maybe. Other not to be missed ideas? Traveling with my 12 year old.

Thanks!
            Last edited by Crimson on the Glass; 03-26-2017, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Some leftover thoughts from last night:

1. We've got to do a better job on face offs. Seemed like we lost 3 of every 4 draws. We usually are pretty good in the face off circle so that type of domination by the opposition is disturbing. We need to shore that up before Chicago.

2. Wasn't crazy about all the icings during the last five minutes of the game. And shooting for the empty net from our own zone isn't the greatest either. We need to be a lot better in terms of puck management.

3. Madsen again was stellar even though he gave up the two goals. Not his fault. His save at the end on Sterratore was a gem. He's playing at such a high level at the perfect time.

4. Props to Air Force for making it a game after we went up 3-0. They could have folded but they hung tough and gave us all we could handle. Their PK is very good.

5. Wish I could be in Chicago but work is going to get in the way and I can't get out of it. I don't relish the thought of having to listen to Buccigross and Melrose - maybe I'll just mute the sound and watch. Two more Ws until the promised land!

Comment

What a good game yest, surprised me. Congrats and Go Harvard all the way !
                It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Congrats to the Crimson. Good luck at the big dance!
                  Quinnipiac Bobcats
                  2023 National Champions
                  ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                  ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                  East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                  Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                  Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                  Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Congrats Crimson, good luck in Chicago..

Comment

Excellent Job Crimson !!! We are all pulling for you.
                      DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                      DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post

1. We've got to do a better job on face offs. Seemed like we lost 3 of every 4 draws. We usually are pretty good in the face off circle so that type of domination by the opposition is disturbing. We need to shore that up before Chicago.

2. Wasn't crazy about all the icings during the last five minutes of the game. And shooting for the empty net from our own zone isn't the greatest either. We need to be a lot better in terms of puck management.

3. Madsen again was stellar even though he gave up the two goals. Not his fault. His save at the end on Sterratore was a gem. He's playing at such a high level at the perfect time.

4. Props to Air Force for making it a game after we went up 3-0. They could have folded but they hung tough and gave us all we could handle. Their PK is very good.

5. Wish I could be in Chicago but work is going to get in the way and I can't get out of it. I don't relish the thought of having to listen to Buccigross and Melrose - maybe I'll just mute the sound and watch. Two more Ws until the promised land!
                        So much for my prediction that Harvard would win this game easily! At 3-0 it should have been except for a lucky bounce then all the sudden the game is 3-2. Harvard was never the same after that. It seems as though they quit playing, at least their style. Saw lots of individual play instead of letting the puck do the puck, like the past month. No doubt they will get this straightened out before Chicago. Congrats again and also representing the Ivy League and ECAC...and proving student-athletes can get it done as well

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson on the Glass View Post
                          Chicago Logistics:
                          Any other ideas for tickets, say from disgruntled BU fans, that do not involve shady meetings or trust me those are real tickets?
                          At the game last night over the PA, they kept announcing the NCAA Ticket Exchange (http://www.ncaa.com/exchange) service as the 'official' way to get better seats from people who have them but won't be going. So there's that. Good luck and have a great time! I wish I could go so you'll have to do some cheering for me.

Comment

I think it's worthwhile to post a link to the highlights just to watch Donato's goal again. It was SICK!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZL6MY2bBhk

Comment

Congrats to the Cantabs. Good luck in Chicago! Great to see the ECAC represented again.
                              COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
                                According to the official stats, faceoffs were 28-23 AF. So while I agree that Harvard needs to do a better job, they weren't as bad as losing 3 out of every 4. It didn't seem as lopsided to me as I watched the game last night.

http://gocrimson.com/sports/mice/201...space-template

Comment

Working...
                                X