Harvard Crimson 2016-2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Harvard Crimson 2016-2017

If you look carefully at this week's polls, Harvard came very close to capturing #1 in both cases. And I am so glad that did not happen!

Looking at the next four games as just a tough road trip, because when this Crimson team shows up and is on its game, it is nearly unbeatable. Hoping for a strong start in front of a hostile home crowd on Friday afternoon, and we will be there cheering them on.

Comment

Just an fyi for Harvard fans going...

Join Harvard Hockey Alumni, Family and Friends for a pre-game gathering before No. 1 seed Harvard takes on No. 4 seed Providence at 4pm in the 2017 NCAA Division I Men's Hockey East Regional! Due to several other large events in the area on Friday, the city (and all bars/restaurants) will be very busy throughout the day/night. The Friends of Hockey has decided to use Centro Lounge as our "Headquarters" on Friday afternoon - we hope to see you there!

2:00-4:00 PM | Pre-Game Gathering at Centro
      Centro Lounge is located on the 2nd floor of the Omni Hotel (the team hotel for Harvard), a two-minute walk to the Dunkin' Donuts Center. Address: 1 West Exchange Street, Providence. No RSVP Required | Cash Bar

For parking, either use the Dunkin' Donuts Center Parking Garage or the RI Convention Center parking garage. Parking should be $15.00 until midnight. Guests may enter the walk-thru to the Dunkin' Donuts Center from Centro on level 4 of the RI Convention Center Parking Garage.

Purchase tickets through the Dunkin' Donuts Center (Harvard fan sections are 126 and 127).
      Former Harvard Hockey broadcaster on 95.3 FM and WHRB.org.
      Go Crimson!

Comment

PC has been steadily improving all season. The offense and defense seemed to be finally clicking. Hawkey has been improving by leaps and bounds. Pinho and Foley are really the studs offensively and Walman is a good offensive defense man.
        The caveat here is that they did nothing against Notre Dame and had a closer series of games against UMASS then they should have. If they play like that, it will be a lovely afternoon for the Crimson.
        Harvard is probably - aside from DU - the best team they've seen this year. Insert sarcastic comment about BU's disappointing season here.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
        -Blackadder
        "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
        -Casablanca
        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by alslammerz View Post
          Just an fyi for Harvard fans going...

Join Harvard Hockey Alumni, Family and Friends for a pre-game gathering before No. 1 seed Harvard takes on No. 4 seed Providence at 4pm in the 2017 NCAA Division I Men's Hockey East Regional! Due to several other large events in the area on Friday, the city (and all bars/restaurants) will be very busy throughout the day/night. The Friends of Hockey has decided to use Centro Lounge as our "Headquarters" on Friday afternoon - we hope to see you there!

2:00-4:00 PM | Pre-Game Gathering at Centro
          Centro Lounge is located on the 2nd floor of the Omni Hotel (the team hotel for Harvard), a two-minute walk to the Dunkin' Donuts Center. Address: 1 West Exchange Street, Providence. No RSVP Required | Cash Bar

For parking, either use the Dunkin' Donuts Center Parking Garage or the RI Convention Center parking garage. Parking should be $15.00 until midnight. Guests may enter the walk-thru to the Dunkin' Donuts Center from Centro on level 4 of the RI Convention Center Parking Garage.

Purchase tickets through the Dunkin' Donuts Center (Harvard fan sections are 126 and 127).
          Thank you! Looks like the place has roughly 70 sections, it's a long drive, but let's hope we can fill 2 of them!

Comment

Not surprisingly, Harvard Sports Analysis Collective predicting Harvard to win it all, as long as they get past Providence first. http://harvardsportsanalysis.org/201...s-and-preview/

I was a fan of the logic behind his picks though I think Cornell has a good shot of beating Lowell.

Number 1 seeds That Cross The Country Are Often Upset
            The 1st Round is a Toss Up, But 1 Seeds Rule in the Regional Finals:
            The National Champion Usually 1.) Doesn’t Fly To Their Regional 2.) Is Not From the Conference With The Most Teams In The Tournament
            Go Crimson!

Comment

• Originally posted by alslammerz View Post
              Not surprisingly, Harvard Sports Analysis Collective predicting Harvard to win it all, as long as they get past Providence first. http://harvardsportsanalysis.org/201...s-and-preview/

I was a fan of the logic behind his picks though I think Cornell has a good shot of beating Lowell.

Number 1 seeds That Cross The Country Are Often Upset
              The 1st Round is a Toss Up, But 1 Seeds Rule in the Regional Finals:
              The National Champion Usually 1.) Doesn’t Fly To Their Regional 2.) Is Not From the Conference With The Most Teams In The Tournament
              Cornell beat Lowell? Lowell is Cornell + offense.

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
                Gillam can steal a game though and if Cornell hit the net in Lake Placid the ECACs might have been different.

Besides I want our 4th shot at beating them
                Go Crimson!

Comment

Gillam can steal a game though and if Cornell hit the net in Lake Placid the ECACs might have been different.

*sigh* So much this. Seems like every shot either completely missed the net or went directly into Madsen. I felt that was Cornell's best effort against Harvard this season, despite the score. Couldn't finish their chances, bounces didn't go their way, and Harvard, quite frankly, has a lot more skill.

He's to an all-Ivy league Championship game that gives the Big Red another shot against the Crimson. I'd be more than happy with a 1-3 record against Harvard this year.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                    PC has been steadily improving all season. The offense and defense seemed to be finally clicking. Hawkey has been improving by leaps and bounds. Pinho and Foley are really the studs offensively and Walman is a good offensive defense man.
                    The caveat here is that they did nothing against Notre Dame and had a closer series of games against UMASS then they should have. If they play like that, it will be a lovely afternoon for the Crimson.
                    Harvard is probably - aside from DU - the best team they've seen this year. Insert sarcastic comment about BU's disappointing season here.
                    Well considering BU's season isn't over yet I don't think sarcasm is warranted. Yeah they haven't won anything and they are loaded with #1 draft picks but they are a good team and very dangerous at this time of year. Harvard would never look past them.

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
                      Good analogy.

Comment

I don't. Enough of the Big Red. Let's take down Minnesota again. Or Denver. Or anyone but Cornell. We'll see them next season.

Comment

So this is how hockey nuts I am. I'm going to tomorrow's East Regional in Providence obviously. Then on Saturday, because my bro bought tickets to the Manchester regional before waiting to see what would happen to Harvard, we're taking the kids to see UML-Cornell and Minnesota-ND. Then I head back down I-95 to Providence. Assuming of course that we win on Friday. Love this time of year.

Comment

Great writeup on the team in tomorrow's Boston Globe. Take note of what Kerfoot says about one and done vs staying in school to finish what you start. Seems like a certain Hobey winner had a lot to do with their current mindset about playing all four years.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/co...RqK/story.html

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
                              Good analogy.
                              I do not know about that analogy. Having faced both teams this past season, UML is clearly more faster and skilled than Cornell with some of the best finishers I have seen especially on their PP. With Cornell having a much bigger team, it likes to play below the dots and win board battles and battles in front of the net. I think UML takes this one 4-2! However, I am kind of twisted as Cornell is an Ivy League and ECAC counterpart.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG Green View Post
                                I do not know about that analogy. Having faced both teams this past season, UML is clearly more faster and skilled than Cornell with some of the best finishers I have seen especially on their PP. With Cornell having a much bigger team, it likes to play below the dots and win board battles and battles in front of the net. I think UML takes this one 4-2! However, I am kind of twisted as Cornell is an Ivy League and ECAC counterpart.
                                Actually Cornell showed surprising speed last weekend despite the big ice surface. Union certainly found out when the Red blitzed them in the first period. I think the UML-Cornell game will display both physicality and speed. UML can grind with the best of them and you have to work for every inch of ice to beat them. Cornell is willing to pay that price which should make for a close, hard fought game.

Comment

Working...
                                X