X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Harvard Crimson 2016-2017

congratulations

how win a couple, three games will ya
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

So I've been waiting all week to write this:

WE'RE ECAC TOURNAMENT CHAMPIONS FOR 2017!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A tip of the cap to Cornell who played hard and at times, outplayed us. They missed some glorious chances to score although Madsen was immense and I think got in their heads as the game wore on. Congrats to Merrick for winning tournament MVP.

Two absolutely sick goals tonight. The Esposito goal was just amazing. How he flicked that puck past Gilliam so fast was unreal. You blink, you miss. And Ryan Donato who played like a man child tonight simply took over on the PP and sniped two gorgeous wrist shots on the PP. He was all over the ice tonight.

The only concern I had was Harvard sagging at times and allowing Cornell to dictate play especially at the end of the second period. I mean how did Starrett miss that empty net. Madsen getting a toe on that shot was, well, miraculous (okay, you know the arena and why I wrote that!).

So let's keep our fingers crossed to stay East so we can see this fabulous team keep it going to Chicago.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
        Not to take anything away from Cornell but we have gotten used to winning despite being outskated and outplayed and outhustled. Vec or Foo would pull our chestnuts out of th fire. It caught up to us last night. I don't know what tonights outcome will we will be but I will be there cheering for you. I was in Atlantic City in 2012 when you wiped the floor with Cornell. Hope to see a replay.

Last night was more about us losing than Cornell winning.
        Not that I would give credit to Cornell for anything but you have to give them their due for coming out and playing a hard and fast game. They took it to you guys and you didn't respond. Some of that is on you but most of the credit should go to them. And really, you knew what you were getting into with them given what happened at Messa.

Comment

no doubt your guys will be east. you're a #1 seed and there are only 2 west regions
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
            Harvard and Lowell are the class of the east. I hope you both make it to Chicago.
            It is pretty amazing how Norm Bazin gets his team to play in February and March. They are so ready at this time of year. Will be a very tough out in the NCAAs.
            Last edited by Skate79; 03-18-2017, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson on the Glass View Post
              That was great to see.

If you are still watching hockey, root for North Dakota for a Crimson #2 overall.
              Okay, go Sioux!!!

Comment

Nice one Crimson !!!!!
                DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Do we need to be concerned with the Wisconsin-Penn State game? Does that have implications for us?

Comment

Congratulations Harvard, you're the class of the ECAC and a fun team to watch (as long as my team is not the opponent). Bill Cleary would be proud. Good luck going forward, bigger things lie ahead.
                    UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
                      Do we need to be concerned with the Wisconsin-Penn State game? Does that have implications for us?
                      If Wisconsin wins, it may sit at #15 or so, instead of maybe Ohio State, and thus could match up with Harvard in the first round, but only if it's Manchester. Other than that, I don't think so. I think the WCHA winner is destined for #16.
                      Last edited by Crimson on the Glass; 03-18-2017, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
                        Okay, go Sioux!!!
                        Uh, oh, sorry. TV guys are saying Harvard can't catch Duluth, even if they lose to the Sioux. So maybe first match-up will be vs. #14 Providence after all.

Comment

• congrats H.. great season, well done indeed.
                          gravy from here on out, go get 'em!
                          GO NU HOCKEY
                          Always bullish on the future.
                          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson on the Glass View Post
                            Uh, oh, sorry. TV guys are saying Harvard can't catch Duluth, even if they lose to the Sioux. So maybe first match-up will be vs. #14 Providence after all.
                            Hmm, not great but I'll take it over traveling to Fargo.

Comment

Congrats on the cup, well deserved. Good luck in the Regional
                              YALE HOCKEY
                              2013 National Champions

Comment

Congrats one the cup!!! An amazing season so far, for a very impressive team.
                                Good luck in the regionals, we'll see you at the frozen four !
                                Let's go Union !
                                ECAC Regular season champion : 2010-11, 2011-12, 2013-14, 2016-17
                                ECAC Tournament champion : 2012, 2013, 2014
                                NCAA champion : 2014

Comment

Working...
                                X