Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Harvard Crimson 2016-2017

Originally posted by Crimson on the Glass View Post
    Are you sure though? They have games against #1 Denver (0-0 after the 1st) and then #4/#5 Western Michigan, and the RPIs in the 9-16 set are extremely tight. They will move down, couldn't they easily drop from #10 to #13?

On the top end, Minnesota is tied 2-2 in the 2nd, BU is down 2-0

Meanwhile Cornell leads 2-0, so yeah who knows!
    I mean, I did say right now. It does look like it's possible that they can slip to 13 so a North Dakota win would be really nice. Additionally Minnesota wins would also be really nice. (Of course it's also possible if they slip and there are bid thieves, they might not even make the tournament.)

Also, it goes without saying but, Beat Cornell!!!
    Last edited by alslammerz; 03-17-2017, 09:19 PM.
    Former Harvard Hockey broadcaster on 95.3 FM and WHRB.org.
    Go Crimson!

Comment

Union lost, as we know. BU is down 3-0 and looking flat. Not sure UML can get there. The last best chance to break into the top 4 and stay ahead of Western Michigan seems to be Minnesota, who is going into overtime vs. Penn State! But yes if North Dakota could just go ahead (still 0-0) and beat the #1 overall, that would be enough.

Go Crimson, beat Cornell and stay East!
      Last edited by Crimson on the Glass; 03-17-2017, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Congrats to the Big Red from the BIG Green! A dominating game although for 5 minutes in the third, with Cornell up 2-1, doing their best prevent defense for those 5 minutes, *** was hairy for Cornell as Union controlled play. If Union scores to tie it up and that's a big if, I think Union goes onto to win. That third Cornell was the back-breaker as the Union shot their w...d during the comeback. Sak was awesome as without him especially in the first the game was all but over. Vech and Foo did not have the puck in their sticks as much as they would have like and thus were not that dangerous until some PP time in the third. It was just a great TEAM win for the Big Red. Good luck but sorry to say that I have Harvard winning 3-1 in the championship game all along.

Comment

Quinnipiac season concludes with 4-1 loss to Harvard

http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...-with-4-1.html
          QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
          2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
          2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
          2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
          https://***********/QHockeyBlog
          https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
          https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

But yes if North Dakota could just go ahead (still 0-0) and beat the #1 overall, that would be enough.
            Amazingly, they did it! I think the Crimson's Fargo watch is officially over. Go beat Cornell, and then on to Manchester or Providence, fight fiercely Harvard!
            Last edited by Crimson on the Glass; 03-17-2017, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Amazingly, they did it! I think the Crimson's Fargo watch is officially over. Go beat Cornell, and then on to Manchester or Providence, fight fiercely Harvard!
              So in other words, when I was pleading for Denver to tie the game and win it in OT, I was actually rooting against Harvard?? Yikes, okay, glad that ND won. Another question: how does BC winning the HE tournament affect Pairwise and placement of teams? I'm guessing they would be sent to Fargo no? Or Cincy? Still thinking BU stays here.

Comment

Feel very good about tonight (assuming Harvard shows up). Harvard is deeper, faster, and more skilled than Cornell. And I like Harvard playing Cornell on the big ice where it will be harder for Cornell to establish its more physical presence.

And we all know that Gilliam can be had.

Comment

Well said. Let's bury the Big Red. We need to come out skating hard from the start and get on them quick. Puck management will be key in this game. Union did a terrible job in puck possession and it cost them.

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
                    Feel very good about tonight (assuming Harvard shows up). Harvard is deeper, faster, and more skilled than Cornell. And I like Harvard playing Cornell on the big ice where it will be harder for Cornell to establish its more physical presence.

And we all know that Gilliam can be had.
                    That is perhaps what Union felt going into last night's game. Didn't work out for them did it? They didn't skate with any urgency and Cornell came out flying from the start. We need to make sure we're skating hard from the drop of the puck. Another great game from Madsen wouldn't hurt either!

Comment

Good luck to Harvard. They are the ECAC team I will pull for in the tournament.

2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Tournament

NCAA Frozen Four
                      2013, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                        Good luck to Harvard. They are the ECAC team I will pull for in the tournament.
                        Thanks. You guys had a good year. That frosh goalie is something else. Won't be fun having to face him twice a year for the next three years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
                          That is perhaps what Union felt going into last night's game. Didn't work out for them did it? They didn't skate with any urgency and Cornell came out flying from the start. We need to make sure we're skating hard from the drop of the puck. Another great game from Madsen wouldn't hurt either!
                          Very different situations. Union beat Harvard 2-1 when Harvard was in its swoon. Union very much a 1 line team (similar to harvard last year). Harvard rolls 4 lines which will expose cornell's lack of depth. At lynah earlier this year, Cornell was completely gassed in the 3rd and Harvard capitalized.

I don't think Cornell can beat Harvard without Harvard beating itself through defensive give aways and soft goals like the one Quinny scored yesterday.

Anything can happen, but I think the odds makers would put this at 80/20 Harvard,

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
                            Thanks. You guys had a good year. That frosh goalie is something else. Won't be fun having to face him twice a year for the next three years.
                            Not only is Shortridge back but Quinnipiac is bringing in currently the number 1 ranked North American goaltender in Keith Petruzzelli. Also Chris Truehl is a senior as well. Quinnipiac might have the deepest goaltending in the country next season.

2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Tournament

NCAA Frozen Four
                            2013, 2016

Comment

So in other words, when I was pleading for Denver to tie the game and win it in OT, I was actually rooting against Harvard?? Yikes, okay, glad that ND won.
                              If not rooting against Harvard success, yes you were at least rooting for a Harvard weekend trip to the beautiful Peace Garden State! Part of the perfect storm is still in place, with 3 of the 4 #1 seeds being NCHC teams (though that could change if Western Michigan loses today). But U North Dakota's success in rising well above the fray of the #4 level does mean that the Crimson can travel to their Regional by motor coach in about an hour.

Another question: how does BC winning the HE tournament affect Pairwise and placement of teams? I'm guessing they would be sent to Fargo no? Or Cincy? Still thinking BU stays here.
                              I don't know this situation well, but it appears the logjam of HE teams at seed levels #2 and #3 has moderated somewhat by Providence slipping to a #4 (if they stay there after tonight). And one of the #3 tier HE schools (Notre Dame) is I believe a Western school anyway, so perhaps a good candidate to go to (and bring fans to) some place like Cincinnati. So maybe that will help BU stay East. The BU thread seems mainly concerned (last night and today) with fans complaining how terrible their team is, despite all that talent. BC seems like they'll land in the upper #4 group if they win their tournament, but again I'm not sure.

Comment

If not rooting against Harvard success, yes you were at least rooting for a Harvard weekend trip to the beautiful Peace Garden State! Part of the perfect storm is still in place, with 3 of the 4 #1 seeds being NCHC teams (though that could change if Western Michigan loses today). But U North Dakota's success in rising well above the fray of the #4 level does mean that the Crimson can travel to their Regional by motor coach in about an hour.

I don't know this situation well, but it appears the logjam of HE teams at seed levels #2 and #3 has moderated somewhat by Providence slipping to a #4 (if they stay there after tonight). And one of the #3 tier HE schools (Notre Dame) is I believe a Western school anyway, so perhaps a good candidate to go to (and bring fans to) some place like Cincinnati. So maybe that will help BU stay East. The BU thread seems mainly concerned (last night and today) with fans complaining how terrible their team is, despite all that talent. BC seems like they'll land in the upper #4 group if they win their tournament, but again I'm not sure.
                                North Dakota can't fall below the 3 seed line, so they will be no bother to Harvard in the opening round. And since they can be matched up with an NCHC foe in round 2, Denver and/or Minnesota-Duluth can go to Fargo now, so no need to send us. I can't see us leaving the east at this point.

BC will likely stay east if they win - they can only be a 12 or 13 seed if they win (last 3rd seed or first 4th seed) and the 12/13 teams end up in the same region, that of the 4 seed. The 4 seed will be whichever western team gets sent east, so if BC wins, they are likely looking at Western Michigan or Minnesota in Manchester.
                                Former Harvard Hockey broadcaster on 95.3 FM and WHRB.org.
                                Go Crimson!

Comment

Working...
                                X