Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Harvard Crimson 2016-2017

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
    No worse than Esposito's hit on Anas last year.
    Correct. And Luke should have been tossed for that. It was a stupid play on his part. Clifton is a very good player. No need for that type of play.

Comment

Well that was nice! 4-1 win for Harvard

Good game. I noticed that the QU goalie, Shortridge is a freshman. He did a good job today and that bodes well for QU in future years.

Now to see who we play tomorrow.

Comment

Well it was the Sean Malone show this afternoon. Right spot at the right time with a filthy third goal to complete the hat trick. That line was really on for the whole game. We had a ton of chances and should have had at least seven goals (I'm thinking the Zerter Gossage point blank on the PP, Alexander Kerfoot all alone with a wide open net and a great play by the Q defensemen and Luke Esposito's wrister that hit the post). Shortridge was brilliant for the Bobcats. Not going to be fun having to face him the next three seasons. Great find for Q.

On to the finals and a rematch with ??????????

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
          Well that was nice! 4-1 win for Harvard

Good game. I noticed that the QU goalie, Shortridge is a freshman. He did a good job today and that bodes well for QU in future years.

Now to see who we play tomorrow.
          He was immense. He kept them in the game. But let's also give Madsen his due because he stood tall during the last five minutes making some great saves. Playoff goaltending is such a difference maker.

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
            No need for that type of play.
            Agreed.

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
            Shortridge is a freshman. He did a good job today and that bodes well for QU in future years.
            We have a stud coming in next year so, yes, it does bode well for us.

Madsen was stellar today and the difference in the game. I thought both teams played well and that's all I wanted from Q. No shame in losing to a great Harvard team.
            Quinnipiac Bobcats
            2023 National Champions
            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
            Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
              No worse than Esposito's hit on Anas last year.
              And he got 5

Comment

Great game by Harvard as they beat Q 4-1 from this neutral observer, to exact some revenge from last year's title game. The best players on the ice were C Clifton and Kerfoot...yes I know Malone had a Hatty. That third goal of his was a beauty of great hands and deking-ability and of course it is all for naught if he didn't finish it. Also Fox was his usual patient self with the puck. He reminds me of a young right-handed Lidstrom from the standpoint of using is stick and angles defensively and patience and vision with the puck offensively. Yes, that elbow on Moy was borderline dirty but Cliifton did lead with his elbow. Clifton could dominate the game if he had a little help but it wasn't there today. The better team won today and look out from Harvard as they showed that they can transition like nobody's business with speed and skill.

Comment

With regard to Fargo, Western Michigan is down 3-2 in the 3rd. Minnesota plays later, I think.
                  Last edited by Crimson on the Glass; 03-17-2017, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG Green View Post
                    Great game by Harvard as they beat Q 4-1 from this neutral observer, to exact some revenge from last year's title game. The best players on the ice were C Clifton and Kerfoot...yes I know Malone had a Hatty. That third goal of his was a beauty of great hands and deking-ability and of course it is all for naught if he didn't finish it. Also Fox was his usual patient self with the puck. He reminds me of a young right-handed Lidstrom from the standpoint of using is stick and angles defensively and patience and vision with the puck offensively. Yes, that elbow on Moy was borderline dirty but Cliifton did lead with his elbow. Clifton could dominate the game if he had a little help but it wasn't there today. The better team won today and look out from Harvard as they showed that they can transition like nobody's business with speed and skill.
                    With all due respect, when you lead with your elbow and aim for someone's head, you are playing dirty hockey. No other way to look at it. The refs completely blew that call. How they could not change the call is beyond me. Teddy needs to file a formal complaint against these officials. You can't let hits like that go unpunished or college hockey suffers as a result. This is about a great game that gets reduced to roller ball if it is not properly officiated.

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson on the Glass View Post
                      With regard to Fargo, Western Michigan is down 3-2 in the 3rd. Minnesota plays later, I think.
                      What does that mean for us? I still can't believe we have to travel there.

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
                        What does that mean for us? I still can't believe we have to travel there.
                        Looks good for us. Minnesota has already passed them, and it will likely be either Minnesota or BU in the last number 1 seed, so either of them would get North Dakota if the Sioux, um, the Hawks, were a 4 seed.

But as far as that goes - North Dakota is a firm 3 seed right now so it wouldn't matter anyway. Of course if the tournament started today we'd likely get Providence. In Providence. Well frying pan and fire and all that.
                        Former Harvard Hockey broadcaster on 95.3 FM and WHRB.org.
                        Go Crimson!

Comment

Originally posted by alslammerz View Post
                          North Dakota is a firm 3 seed right now so it wouldn't matter anyway.
                          Are you sure though? They have games against #1 Denver (0-0 after the 1st) and then #4/#5 Western Michigan, and the RPIs in the 9-16 set are extremely tight. They will move down, couldn't they easily drop from #10 to #13?

On the top end, Minnesota is tied 2-2 in the 2nd, BU is down 2-0

Meanwhile Cornell leads 2-0, so yeah who knows!
                          Last edited by Crimson on the Glass; 03-17-2017, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Dear God. I know I haven't always been as devout as you want me to be and I've sometimes taken your name in vain but could you please look past my transgressions and keep Harvard in the East for the NCAA regionals? Please?

Comment

• congrats Crimson. g'luck tomorrow & rest of the way.
                              GO NU HOCKEY
                              Always bullish on the future.
                              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

It's the Big Red tomorrow for the Whitelaw Cup. Should be a barn burner.

Comment

Working...
                                X