Harvard Crimson 2016-2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kool99 View Post
    Is Gosiewski still committed? After getting traded to the Penticton Vees, either he wasn't getting ice time, scoring points or both. Had 12 points in 36 games (4+8 = 12) for Penticton and has no C next to his name like all the other committed players on the roster. Prior to that he had 0 points in 5 games with a crappy Rough Riders team in the USHL. http://www.pentictonvees.ca/player-s...&currentPage=1
    He is no longer committed.

Comment

• Re: Harvard Crimson 2016-2017

Bump to move Asian spam off first page.

Comment

• Originally posted by bothman View Post
        Bump
        RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Looking for the following contestants. Just a friendly reminder that you have until Friday night at 7PM to get your picks into the ECAC Pick the Playoffs 2017.

Contestant
            BIG Green
            Brett Gobe
            cudmud
            goldenbriggsy
            Halloweenman
            johnk
            Mike Hutter
            NorthernLite
            Rjm7272
            SLU'75
            sshablak
            still an empty net
            Turk
            Vaportrail
            Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
            And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
            WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
            If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
              Is there a good resource to track who is committed for next season? This link doesn't seem to be completely accurate http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.p...8&status=stats

Comment

Is there a resource which has reliable info on recruits?

Comment

Originally posted by Game0n View Post
                  Is there a resource which has reliable info on recruits?
                  Here you go:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=183872031

Comment

Thanks for the link

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
                      When Heisenberg lists a recruit as "2018", that means that the kid is expected to matriculate in the fall of 2018 yes? If so, that's one huge class of recruits coming the year after next. Hope we have at least some commits for next year especially up front. Holes to fill after the seniors graduate in May.

Comment

I actually have a business meeting this afternoon with a Yale grad. I'm wearing crimson to let him know that business aside, come 7pm tonight, his school is the enemy.

I don't often root for cold weather but this weekend's temps being what they are forecasted to be will only help keep the ice rock hard which helps our skating game.

Keys to the series:

1. Madsen has to be in top form because Spano is a top flight goalie. We need a big weekend from double M.

2. Continued hot play from the third line. Their emergence has taken the pressure off the first two lines. Keep it going this weekend.

3. Sound transitional play from D to neutral zone to accelerate the offensive zone attack. This is the first playoff weekend for Fox and Marino. I expect they will be up for the challenge but you never know with freshmen.

4. Don't take stupid penalties and cash in on our PP. The last home weekend against SLU and Clarkson should have provided the coaching staff with enough fodder to get the team focused on playing our game and not getting goaded into dumb penalties. Hope so anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
                          I actually have a business meeting this afternoon with a Yale grad. I'm wearing crimson to let him know that business aside, come 7pm tonight, his school is the enemy.

I don't often root for cold weather but this weekend's temps being what they are forecasted to be will only help keep the ice rock hard which helps our skating game.

Keys to the series:

1. Madsen has to be in top form because Spano is a top flight goalie. We need a big weekend from double M.

2. Continued hot play from the third line. Their emergence has taken the pressure off the first two lines. Keep it going this weekend.

3. Sound transitional play from D to neutral zone to accelerate the offensive zone attack. This is the first playoff weekend for Fox and Marino. I expect they will be up for the challenge but you never know with freshmen.

4. Don't take stupid penalties and cash in on our PP. The last home weekend against SLU and Clarkson should have provided the coaching staff with enough fodder to get the team focused on playing our game and not getting goaded into dumb penalties. Hope so anyway.
                          This will be a good series amongst the historic heavy-weights although Yale is having a down year according to their standards. Harvard has more speed and skill whereas Yale relies heavily on their top line although Doherty emerged last week. Not sure if Spano will be in net after last week's performance by Tucker. He single-handedly stole Game 2 for the sweep against the Big Green.

Good Luck to both IVY Leaguers! Here's my fearless prediction...an IVY League team will advance into the semi's to Lake Placid! LOL!

Comment

• Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
                            When Heisenberg lists a recruit as "2018", that means that the kid is expected to matriculate in the fall of 2018 yes? If so, that's one huge class of recruits coming the year after next. Hope we have at least some commits for next year especially up front. Holes to fill after the seniors graduate in May.
                            Heisenberg has Walsh listed as 2018, but I heard he's coming this fall. So the list is not 100% set in stone.

At forward for 2017, Bowlby, Badini and Perrault are all having solid seasons in the USHL. Jack Donato is also coming and maybe one or two more?

Chatter I heard from scouts is Harvard should be very deep at D next year

Comment

Okay so that happened. What a crazy game. Poor goaltending on both sides, defensive miscues galore (especially by Harvard in the first two periods) and some very questionable officiating and non-calls. Add it up and it was a game that should not have been that close but turned out that way because of the above.

Where to start. The positives.

1. Harvard's first two lines were on for the most part. Yeah there were breakdowns but when it counted, they came through. The seniors accounted for all but one of the goals and showed why they are such a talented class. Esposito was all over the ice and could have had a hat trick. Harvard should have scored at least eight or nine goals tonight. We missed some glorious chances.

2. The Power Play scored twice and had some very good zone time. Yale sold out to stop Adam Fox and it worked for the most part. But they paid dearly for that because they couldn't contain us down low.

The not so positives:

3. Madsen. He was BRUTAL. Okay, he didn't get much help but starting with the third period of the SLU game, he has given up 7 goals in four periods. That is not a recipe for success. He needs to shake off whatever malaise he was in and get his head on straight.

4. The D. Especially Clay Anderson who was BRUTAL+++++++. What does Teddy see in this kid? And why is he on the second PP unit? Not that everyone else played a stellar game. There was enough blame pie to hand around. We seriously need to clean up our D zone play for tomorrow.

5. The officiating. Because they failed to make some calls early in the game, by the end both teams were getting physical and nasty. Yale's strategy throughout was to bang us and pinch the boards taking away space for us to skate and set a play. But if the officials called even a halfway decent game, some of the end of game trash might not have happened. And it may work against the Bulldogs for tomorrow night because they certainly got Harvard's attention by the end and I'm guessing there will be a spillover effect.

I just want to forget this game. Will be interested to see if Tucker plays over Spano.
                              Last edited by Skate79; 03-10-2017, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Game0n View Post
                                Heisenberg has Walsh listed as 2018, but I heard he's coming this fall. So the list is not 100% set in stone.

At forward for 2017, Bowlby, Badini and Perrault are all having solid seasons in the USHL. Jack Donato is also coming and maybe one or two more?

Chatter I heard from scouts is Harvard should be very deep at D next year
                                All good news. If Reilly Walsh is coming, we will be strong and deep next year. I'm just concerned about where the goals are going to come from given the graduation losses. We'll figure it out.

Comment

Working...
                                X