Harvard Crimson 2016-2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Harvard Crimson 2016-2017

Right, so it's Yale after all then. Fitting.

Meanwhile, North Dakota still hovers just above the #4 seed level (which with autobids effectively is just the 13 or 14 position). Perhaps we'd be better off (Fargo-wise) if a non-NCHC western team like Minnesota can break back into the #1 seed group for good.
    Last edited by Crimson on the Glass; 03-06-2017, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson on the Glass View Post
      Right, so it's Yale after all then. Fitting.

Meanwhile, North Dakota still hovers just above the #4 seed level (which with autobids effectively is just the 13 or 14 position). Perhaps we'd be better off (Fargo-wise) if a non-NCHC western team like Minnesota can break back into the #1 seed group for good.
      I agree with the latter but the autobids do not move North Dakota up or down. If the autobid goes to a pairwise team already above North Dakota then North Dakota would not move, and likewise, if a team like Niagara wins the autobid, they won't move past North Dakota just because they have an autobid. If there are 4 autobids of teams below 12th in the pairwise, for example, teams 1-12 go (either as at-large or with an autobid) and then seeds 13-16 would be those lower teams.

That said, either cheer for North Dakota to keep winning and solidify a 3rd seed, or hope they lose and get bumped out by teams catching them and upsets happening in the conference tournament.
      Former Harvard Hockey broadcaster on 95.3 FM and WHRB.org.
      Go Crimson!

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
        You're telling me. Complete and utter screw job. The #2 team in the country and we have to go to Fargo. NO WAY. Sorry then the brackets are screwed up. It totally isn't worth it to work your way up the rankings and then have something like this happen.

I get that the NCHC teams can't get paired up but to send Harvard to Fargo is ridiculous. Send BU.
        I'd love for BU to go west as a 1 seed! Wanna swap??? They're probably going west anyways but since it will be at a lower seed, you can just cahlm ya livah about that. This is all on North Dakota and where they get seeded. Three out of the four number one seeds are in the same conference as them. You want to stay east? Lose this weekend. That might do it!

Comment

The good thing about a Yale-Harvard series is that it should bring more fans out to Bright (at least you'd think). I remember the last playoff game I went to at Bright it was barely more than half full.

Comment

Originally posted by alslammerz View Post
            I agree with the latter but the autobids do not move North Dakota up or down.
            I was thinking of the situation where say a team is sitting at #16 PWR before autobids come in and then a lower PWR conference tournament winner, like from Atlantic Hockey for example, comes in and makes the cut at #16 with a PWR maybe >20.

Comment

Originally posted by agarcia View Post
              The good thing about a Yale-Harvard series is that it should bring more fans out to Bright (at least you'd think). I remember the last playoff game I went to at Bright it was barely more than half full.
              I hope you are right. Harvard seems to wait until the regular season ends and then start from scratch selling the whole place. If they finish 5-8 that leaves like 4 days to sell tickets. I know that other programs include playoff seats with season tickets and/or start selling the playoff series much earlier.

I've got five seats on the glass that will be filled!
              Last edited by Crimson on the Glass; 03-06-2017, 08:48 PM.

Comment

I was thinking of the situation where say a team is sitting at #16 PWR before autobids come in and then a lower PWR conference tournament winner, like from Atlantic Hockey for example, comes in and makes the cut at #16 with a PWR maybe >20.
                Just realized I read your original post wrong and get what you are saying now.

Last Harvard-Yale playoff series I went to was a full house for all three games, even with students (mostly) off-campus for the start of spring break. I imagine it will be the same this time. I also remember the band being at the games.
                Former Harvard Hockey broadcaster on 95.3 FM and WHRB.org.
                Go Crimson!

Comment

I hope you are right. Harvard seems to wait until the regular season ends and then start from scratch selling the whole place. If they finish 5-8 that leaves like 4 days to sell tickets. I know that other programs include playoff seats with season tickets and/or start selling the playoff series much earlier.

I've got five seats on the glass that will be filled!
                  Looked at seats in section six yesterday, the entire section was available.
                  YALE HOCKEY
                  2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                    Looked at seats in section six yesterday, the entire section was available.
                    Six is of course not one for home fans, beside the Yale bench, but I am looking now and it is about 1/2 sold. Games 1 and 2. Surprisingly good, and I'm sure most of those seats are going to Yale fans.

You are right, though, there are a lot of unsold seats at this point.
                    Last edited by Crimson on the Glass; 03-06-2017, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Six is of course not one for home fans, beside the Yale bench, but I am looking now and it is about 1/2 sold. Games 1 and 2. Surprisingly good, and I'm sure most of those seats are going to Yale fans.

You are right, though, there are a lot of unsold seats at this point.
                      Yale just started selling their allotment today.
                      YALE HOCKEY
                      2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
                        Harvard with 3 players on the NHL's final 2016 Draft Rankings. Adam Fox, Marshall Rifai, and Matt Gosiewski.
                        Is Gosiewski still committed? After getting traded to the Penticton Vees, either he wasn't getting ice time, scoring points or both. Had 12 points in 36 games (4+8 = 12) for Penticton and has no C next to his name like all the other committed players on the roster. Prior to that he had 0 points in 5 games with a crappy Rough Riders team in the USHL. http://www.pentictonvees.ca/player-s...&currentPage=1

Comment

• Originally posted by kool99 View Post
                          Is Gosiewski still committed? After getting traded to the Penticton Vees, either he wasn't getting ice time, scoring points or both. Had 12 points in 36 games (4+8 = 12) for Penticton and has no C next to his name like all the other committed players on the roster. Prior to that he had 0 points in 5 games with a crappy Rough Riders team in the USHL. http://www.pentictonvees.ca/player-s...&currentPage=1
                          Don't see him listed in Heisenberg's spread sheet anymore.
                          QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                          2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                          2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                          2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                          https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
                          https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                          https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by agarcia View Post
                            I hope you're right. With the bye week, people can sometimes forget although the ticket office has already started their email bombardment for this weekend. With the men's b-ball team playing in the Ivy tournament out of town, I'm hoping the band stays home and shows up. They owe us with their presence.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                              I'd love for BU to go west as a 1 seed! Wanna swap??? They're probably going west anyways but since it will be at a lower seed, you can just cahlm ya livah about that. This is all on North Dakota and where they get seeded. Three out of the four number one seeds are in the same conference as them. You want to stay east? Lose this weekend. That might do it!
                              No thanks. We shouldn't have to lose to get a chance to play in the East. If the tournament organizers realized that where $$$ is concerned, it's better to keep Harvard in the East and send someone else out West.

Comment

This weekend will be the fourth time we've faced Yale in the past six years in the ECAC quarters. Won in 2012 and 2015 and lost in 2014. 2014 was in two straight. I'd like to return the favor this weekend and not have to go to Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                                X