Harvard Crimson 2016-2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Harvard Crimson 2016-2017

Congrats to Harvard and all their fans.. was a long time coming and well deserved. Fantastic goal by Donato and really entertaining game to watch. Anyone who thinks the Crimson aren't for real better guess again..
    UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

Great to finally see my team win the Beanpot after such a long time. I still remember that '93 team and title very fondly -- it was sort of what kicked off my interest in college hockey in general. As much as I enjoy reading all the accolades in the press and on this thread, I really hope the team doesn't let this get to their heads. They have some important league games coming up, and as good as they can be, they've historically had a very hard time playing Yale on the road. Let's see if they can keep this going. Now that they have their long-sought-after Beanpot title, I'm really hoping they can put themselves in a position to end another long drought -- their first NCAA tourney win since 1994.

Comment

Originally posted by ADK11 View Post
        Congrats to Harvard and all their fans.. was a long time coming and well deserved. Fantastic goal by Donato and really entertaining game to watch. Anyone who thinks the Crimson aren't for real better guess again..
        I think people know we're for real. At least teams in the ECAC know it. And I'm sure that BU and BC know it as well. BU has had our number the past few years but we have played them tough - just couldn't close the deal. Last night, we made sure there were no last minute comebacks.

The next big hurdle is getting a #1 or #2 seed and staying here in the Northeast. We'll need a strong performance in our tournament but I think based on our regular season results out of conference, we've got a good shot at a top seed here in the East. Crossing my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by critsports View Post
          I'm very fearful that our last game this year is I think against you guys at Bright. Sure hope we don't need to win that last game.
          It is. And we may need that game to finish first overall. It's also Senior Night and for this class, that night will be a big deal. They have transformed the program and brought it to where it is today. They will want to put on a good show for their families and friends.

Comment

Congratulations to the Crimson on winning the Beanpot!
            . . . still crazy after all these years. . .

Comment

Well so much for complacency setting in. Took care of business at the Whale last night. Looked like a defensive game where we capitalized on our opportunities. Yale seems to be heading south and if they're not careful, they could be on the road for the first round of the playoffs.

And don't look now but Cornell is breathing down our necks and it looks like they will get a bye for the first round. Swell.

Over on the Brown thread, there seems to be a lot of disgust for the way Brown athletics has gone downhill. Hoping we don't take them lightly tonight and keep it going with a W. There have been seasons where games at Meehan were a challenge. Tonight should not be one of those games.

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
                Well so much for complacency setting in. Took care of business at the Whale last night. Looked like a defensive game where we capitalized on our opportunities. Yale seems to be heading south and if they're not careful, they could be on the road for the first round of the playoffs.

And don't look now but Cornell is breathing down our necks and it looks like they will get a bye for the first round. Swell.

Over on the Brown thread, there seems to be a lot of disgust for the way Brown athletics has gone downhill. Hoping we don't take them lightly tonight and keep it going with a W. There have been seasons where games at Meehan were a challenge. Tonight should not be one of those games.
                In addition to hoping for the Harvard win, I know I'm cheering on Princeton and Clarkson while scoreboard watching.
                Former Harvard Hockey broadcaster on 95.3 FM and WHRB.org.
                Go Crimson!

Comment

I confess I have not subscribed to ILDN for some time, as I don't really love the broadcasts or terms. Any other options that anyone knows of - online streaming radio audio would be great. I will check WHRB both broadcast and online, but am not optimistic.

Short of driving down, which I unfortunately cannot do.

The women's game is on NESN, naturally.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson on the Glass View Post
                    I confess I have not subscribed to ILDN for some time, as I don't really love the broadcasts or terms. Any other options that anyone knows of - online streaming radio audio would be great. I will check WHRB both broadcast and online, but am not optimistic.

Short of driving down, which I unfortunately cannot do.

The women's game is on NESN, naturally.

Thanks.
                    Couldn't find anything on the Brown site. Looks like ILDN has a choke hold on Ivy games. Crimson are up 4-0. Wish I had gone down for the game instead of going to the women's game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
                      Couldn't find anything on the Brown site. Looks like ILDN has a choke hold on Ivy games. Crimson are up 4-0. Wish I had gone down for the game instead of going to the women's game.
                      I'll save you the trouble: Harvard is toying with Brown, making cute little plays left and right and showing of its skill. It does not have anything resembling a foot on the gas pedal, and it has thoroughly dominated the game regardless. Brown simply has no answer.

I've seen Harvard play a number of times this year (Brown is unbearably bad, so I get my college hockey fix watching other teams) and I think you have a legitimate shot at a national championship. This is a truly terrific team!

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                        I'll save you the trouble: Harvard is toying with Brown, making cute little plays left and right and showing of its skill. It does not have anything resembling a foot on the gas pedal, and it has thoroughly dominated the game regardless. Brown simply has no answer.

I've seen Harvard play a number of times this year (Brown is unbearably bad, so I get my college hockey fix watching other teams) and I think you have a legitimate shot at a national championship. This is a truly terrific team!
                        Thanks for the update. Yeah it looks pretty embarrassing. The Brown thread earlier today was pounding on the administration and specifically the AD for not caring at all about the hockey program, men or women. Guess the players have stopped caring as well.

Long way to go before we can think about the Frozen Four. Let's win a couple of NCAA tournament games first, then we'll start dreaming about a national championship.

Comment

As expected, not much change in PWR or polls for the top 4 other than BU, but a few first place votes now. While the bigger games for the Crimson may be a few weeks off yet, bringing home the Cleary to join the Ivy title sure would be nice. By my estimate, Harvard just needs to pick up the 1 point vs. Union this weekend and the tie breaker (at the record vs. top 4 step) works out, yes?
                          Last edited by Crimson on the Glass; 02-20-2017, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson on the Glass View Post
                            As expected, not much change in PWR or polls for the top 4 other than BU, but a few first place votes now. While the bigger games for the Crimson may be a few weeks off yet, bringing home the Cleary to join the Ivy title sure would be nice. By my estimate, Harvard just needs to pick up the 1 point vs. Union this weekend and the tie breaker (at the record vs. top 4 step) works out, yes?
                            Yes, Harvard has the tiebreaker, in part thanks to its 4 point sweep over Cornell - at least in scenarios where Harvard gets 4 points and Union gets 3. I admittedly did not try scenarios where Harvard picks up 3 points to Union's 2, etc. This is true, even if Quinnipiac beats out SLU for 4th, and if Union were to beat Cornell and tie Colgate.
                            Former Harvard Hockey broadcaster on 95.3 FM and WHRB.org.
                            Go Crimson!

Comment

Originally posted by alslammerz View Post
                              Yes, Harvard has the tiebreaker, in part thanks to its 4 point sweep over Cornell - at least in scenarios where Harvard gets 4 points and Union gets 3. I admittedly did not try scenarios where Harvard picks up 3 points to Union's 2, etc. This is true, even if Quinnipiac beats out SLU for 4th, and if Union were to beat Cornell and tie Colgate.
                              Can't believe we have to root for Cornell to beat Union. Ugh. Not counting on Colgate to do anything even in their home building. Let's hope we sweep next weekend and get some help. I want to avoid Yale in the quarters if at all possible.

Not to look ahead too much but I'd rather not face Cornell in the semis at Lake Placid. Let them duke it out with Union.
                              Last edited by Skate79; 02-20-2017, 04:05 PM.

Comment

That three-game slide in mid January is looming large now. Harvard should've taken care of business against RPI and probably should've beat Dartmouth too. If they had just won one of those games they'd be in the driver's seat for the Cleary Cup. It's funny how those games that got away always seem to haunt teams at the end.

Comment

Working...
                                X