Harvard Crimson 2016-2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Harvard Crimson 2016-2017

So the big question for Harvard is are these new line combos the go-forward solution or was this a wake-up call and Harvard will go back to the prior line combos? I guess we will find out on Friday night vs Dartmouth.

Comment

Looks like Reilly Walsh coming to Harvard in the Fall as opposed to 2018. He is cut in the cloth as Adam Fox and John Marino - which would mean 3 high end-puck movers on the blue line which would be great for the ability to move the puck from all 3 lines. Great article on what looks to be a very exciting player for Harvard:

http://digital.hockeyjournal.com/nxt...e=facebook#/66

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
        So the big question for Harvard is are these new line combos the go-forward solution or was this a wake-up call and Harvard will go back to the prior line combos? I guess we will find out on Friday night vs Dartmouth.
        I'm hoping it was a wake up call to get them moving. Jake Horton certainly got the message last weekend. So did Sean Malone. Let's see what happens tonight. Unfortunately have to miss the game due to illness but I'll check in on the live stats.

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
          Looks like Reilly Walsh coming to Harvard in the Fall as opposed to 2018. He is cut in the cloth as Adam Fox and John Marino - which would mean 3 high end-puck movers on the blue line which would be great for the ability to move the puck from all 3 lines. Great article on what looks to be a very exciting player for Harvard:

http://digital.hockeyjournal.com/nxt...e=facebook#/66
          That NHL scout that was quoted seems to feel he is one of the best, if not the best, prospect coming out of Eastern Prep this season. Can only help us next season. Wonder if Sherman stays for his senior season or leaves for the Bruins?

Comment

From the Big Green's point of view! Good luck in the Beanpot and rest of the season. Your team has the ability to go deep!

Big Green gets clearly outplayed as Harvard exacts revenge where their skill and speed played out. The possession time in all three zones for Harvard must of had Corsi jumping for joy. Now this was the Harvard I expected the first time out. Fox was the best player on the ice with deft, seeking, and patient passing style. Madsen made some huge saves on our PP, especially the cross ice pass through the box from Yau to Crema leading to a one-timer; Madsen went from his left post to his right. That was a quasi momentum shifter as Harvard controlled play but only up 2-0. If that goes in, who knows with a 2-1 game. Madsen also made a great save on Kalk's point blank shot. Coverage in the D zone was spotty at best for the Big Green; they were either outnumbered on counters/rushes or when they had numbers back, they had too many puck-watchers and not keeping an eye on other Harvard players especially in the dangerous slot. Interesting as Strong and Ernsting were scratches (could be sickness/injured) for I believe may have been their first time all year.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG Green View Post
              From the Big Green's point of view! Good luck in the Beanpot and rest of the season. Your team has the ability to go deep!

Big Green gets clearly outplayed as Harvard exacts revenge where their skill and speed played out. The possession time in all three zones for Harvard must of had Corsi jumping for joy. Now this was the Harvard I expected the first time out. Fox was the best player on the ice with deft, seeking, and patient passing style. Madsen made some huge saves on our PP, especially the cross ice pass through the box from Yau to Crema leading to a one-timer; Madsen went from his left post to his right. That was a quasi momentum shifter as Harvard controlled play but only up 2-0. If that goes in, who knows with a 2-1 game. Madsen also made a great save on Kalk's point blank shot. Coverage in the D zone was spotty at best for the Big Green; they were either outnumbered on counters/rushes or when they had numbers back, they had too many puck-watchers and not keeping an eye on other Harvard players especially in the dangerous slot. Interesting as Strong and Ernsting were scratches (could be sickness/injured) for I believe may have been their first time all year.
              Thanks for the recap. I missed the game and had to follow on Live Stats. I expected this type of game and actually thought Harvard would win by a goal or two more than they did. We really played lousy up in Hanover so we should have delivered the knockout punch last night.

Comment

Beanpot final. Been a while since we experienced one gmf those....

Comment

Next Monday we are all Crimsons! :-)
                  Originally posted by mookie1995
                  bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                  Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                  Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post

Ditto!
                    GO NU HOCKEY
                    Always bullish on the future.
                    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Congrats to Harvard for getting to the BP Finals. Beat BU!!!
                      Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                      And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                      WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                      If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Congrats to Hahvaard! Way to represent the Ivy League and ECAC hockey! Go snag the Beanpot!

Comment

Were those new uniforms? Has the team worn them before? I liked them.

Comment

A couple of new recruits:

Alex Gaffney is a forward out of NJ:
                            http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/coll...itals-penguins

Derek Mullahy is a goalie out of Shattuck (from Scituate):

https://www.ushr.com/news/20160526/5...The%2BTop%2B50

Comment

• Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                              Oh My God
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Any news on the Madsen injury? Is he going to play?
                                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Working...
                                X