Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Harvard Crimson 2016-2017

Holding court

Re: Harvard Crimson 2016-2017

Quote Originally Posted by Hokydad View Post
    Kessel sucked this year. One of his worst years this year playing with Crosby. Total stiff., who would you rather have, kessel with Julian with 60 points or last year without Julian and 60 points

With Julian, 60 points, +23. Last year without, 60 points and a minus 34

Bergeron has been with Julian 10 of his 11 years and is the top two way forward in the league, perpetual all star and Olympian
    Krug with a bad shoulder, could barely shoot puck had most points ever in his career and is a dramatically better two way player, plays pk now, never before
    Kreciji is always injured and still a stud player

Swap Thomas for rask and they are still playing

Teams only as good as goalie and rask is a goat

Couple in chara and seidenberg, whom I both love but are past prime++

Julian is not remotely the problem
    All good points. A+
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010 View Post
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Kessel sucked this year. One of his worst years this year playing with Crosby. Total stiff., who would you rather have, kessel with Julian with 60 points or last year without Julian and 60 points

Bergeron has been with Julian 10 of his 11 years and is the top two way forward in the league, perpetual all star and Olympian
    Krug with a bad shoulder, could barely shoot puck had most points ever in his career and is a dramatically better two way player, plays pk now, never before

I don't know how you can say that when I offered evidence to the contrary. Kessel will never be a two way player and the trade netted them an opportunity to grow a young nucleus. But Julien simply doesn't like young skilled players. He stunts their development by benching them while veterans that he puts out there for heavy minutes make the same mistakes. Or moving them up and down forward lines denying them an opportunity to build chemistry and confidence.

Look at Beleskey. He was a much better player for Anaheim. He was barely an upgrade over Lucic this season. I look at Florida and Tampa and see how they have been able to get much more out of young players and it is clear that Julien's system and approach is outmoded.

You want another prediction? If they stick with Julien, they'll be looking up at Buffalo in the next couple of seasons. That team is young and growing in confidence and if Vesey heads up there to play with Eichel, well, watch out.

Postscript: You do know that Cam Neely openly wondered on Felger and Mazz how Reilly Smith could fail here in Boston and yet flourish in Florida. He publicly admitted that he has thought about it. You think maybe he's wondering if it has to do with the coach? Hmm?

And Phil Kessel, FYI, has a goal and an assist in today's game against the Rangers. Sure, who needs him when you can have Jimmy Hayes or Lee Stempniak.
    Last edited by Skate79; 04-23-2016 at 03:46 PM.

On April 16, Kessel had 2 goals and was a -2 against the Rangers. Almost gotta try to make that happen.
    If one had a team full of Kessels, not so sure you'd win a whole lot of games.
    Last edited by FiveHole12; 04-23-2016 at 07:03 PM.
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Veteran

Everywhere Paul Vincent goes they win and the younger players get better. Look at Florida, 3+ years in, young talent killing it and most wins ever in franchise history. Same as Chicago and exactly why Talkon hired him immediately

Doesn't surprise me at all that Smith is doing so well, he works with him. Same as Hayes had great year in Foorida when working daily with Vincent
    Jimmy will be just fine, couple dings but will be back next year, natural goal scorer

Vincent is a miracle worker, Petrovic, Ekblad on and on

No one better at working with young talent

Quote Originally Posted by FiveHole12 View Post
    On April 16, Kessel had 2 goals and was a -2 against the Rangers. Almost gotta try to make that happen.
    If one had a team full of Kessels, not so sure you'd win a whole lot of games.
    I'm not saying he is a complete 200 foot player. What I am saying is that Mike Sullivan has obviously got him buying into playing better at both ends and his offensive skill takes the pressure off Crosby and Malkin. In fact it was the supporting cast that did in the Rangers. Kessel had a goal and an assist and probably could have scored another had he not been trying to set up teammates yesterday. Another big change in his game from when he played with the Bruins.

Everywhere Paul Vincent goes they win and the younger players get better. Look at Florida, 3+ years in, young talent killing it and most wins ever in franchise history. Same as Chicago and exactly why Talkon hired him immediately

Doesn't surprise me at all that Smith is doing so well, he works with him. Same as Hayes had great year in Foorida when working daily with Vincent
    Jimmy will be just fine, couple dings but will be back next year, natural goal scorer

Vincent is a miracle worker, Petrovic, Ekblad on and on

No one better at working with young talent
    Great, then the Bruins should call him and offer him a position as an assistant coach to work with the younger players. Let's see what he can do with Spooner, Vatrano, Pastrnak and Acciari. If he can get Hayes turned around, all the better.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Skate79 View Post
    Great, then the Bruins should call him and offer him a position as an assistant coach to work with the younger players. Let's see what he can do with Spooner, Vatrano, Pastrnak and Acciari. If he can get Hayes turned around, all the better.
    He changed residency to Florida, living on the course in Naples. Florida is last NHL stop

Adam Fox rated best D at the World Junior U-18 tourney.

Here every day

Chiarelli got the B's in trouble with the salary cap, getting rid of Boychuk and Hamilton with Chara and Seidenberg hurt and aging was the problem. B's went from one of the best defensive teams in the league but couldn't score, to a leaky undersized(Krug) defensive team that ultimately cost them. They have a ton of offensive potential now, they need defensemen and they'll be fine.
    It all starts with the goaltending.

He changed residency to Florida, living on the course in Naples. Florida is last NHL stop
    He?
    You can hold onto something so tight
    You've already lost it.
    Dragging me down, that's not the way it used to be.
    You can't even remember what I'm trying to forget.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by NCAA watcher View Post
    He?
    Yes, he

Harvard just secures the services of a pretty big fish who plays for Don Mills out of Nova Scotia for 2018. Wyllum Deveaux (LC) commits to Harvard.

A news item relating to that Hobey banner I mentioned earlier.

http://www.thecrimson.com/article/20...y-baker-honor/

Harvard Hockey Broadcaster '09-'12

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson on the Glass View Post
    A news item relating to that Hobey banner I mentioned earlier.

http://www.thecrimson.com/article/20...y-baker-honor/
    The Crimson breaking news of Boston's tampering with a player Nashville has the rights to?

Nashville maintains “the exclusive rights of negotiation” for Vesey’s services through Aug. 15, but after that, Vesey will be able to negotiate with the other 29 teams in the league.

Vesey told The Boston Herald on Monday that he thinks the Boston Bruins will definitely be on his list when that time comes. Bruins general manager Don Sweeney ’88, a former Harvard defenseman, was seen chatting with Vesey for a few minutes near the end of the event.
    If he does sign with Boston, if I'm Nashville I ask for compensation based off that.
    Former Harvard Hockey broadcaster on 95.3 FM and WHRB.org.
    Go Crimson!

https://www.neutralzone.net/2016/05/...-road-harvard/

Good article on a potential recruit.

I am reading a very interesting Crimson piece about Ted Donato, Jimmy Vesey and the team's recent history, which I recommend.

http://www.thecrimson.com/article/20...d-mens-hockey/
    Last edited by Crimson on the Glass; 05-25-2016 at 12:59 PM.

Harvard picks up a couple big '01s today.

Looks like Vesey signed with Buffalo.

Quote Originally Posted by turk181 View Post
    Looks like Vesey signed with Buffalo.
    His rights were traded to Buffalo. Can't sign until August I believe

Quote Originally Posted by NU_Husky View Post
    His rights were traded to Buffalo. Can't sign until August I believe
    .....thanks for the clarification. So, Buffalo’s just taking a shot at him then. I saw it on the elite prospects transaction page but didn’t look any further............... The Sabres sent Nashville a third-round pick in exchange for the exclusive right to negotiate with Vesey before Aug. 15. http://boston.cbslocal.com/2016/06/2...85thesportshub
    Last edited by turk181; 06-20-2016 at 05:13 PM.

Thread Information