Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Harvard Crimson 2016-2017

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
    I'm guessing that the RPI away game will be in early December before exams. There doesn't appear to be a place for the game in either January or February unless it is a Tuesday night game. Harvard put the kibosh on playing two games either between or before the Beanpot.
    It will actually be on 9 January; RPI just announced. And barring any exhibition games, your schedule is complete.

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
      http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/b...in_right_place

Good article on 2018 recruit jack rathbone
      What he is doing for his brother will show up in his life in ways he can't begin to imagine. Kudos to him for sticking around and being there for his parents to care for Teddy.

That said, the last paragraph was somewhat troubling in that he seems to think he will only be around for a couple of seasons, then jump ship. I know players today think this is the quickest route to the NHL but if he looks at what Vesey and last year's class did to stay and compete, it can still lead to an NHL career. Here's hoping he changes his mind and builds a nice resume at B-L.

Comment

What he is doing for his brother will show up in his life in ways he can't begin to imagine. Kudos to him for sticking around and being there for his parents to care for Teddy.

That said, the last paragraph was somewhat troubling in that he seems to think he will only be around for a couple of seasons, then jump ship. I know players today think this is the quickest route to the NHL but if he looks at what Vesey and last year's class did to stay and compete, it can still lead to an NHL career. Here's hoping he changes his mind and builds a nice resume at B-L.
        That seems like an awful unjust reading of his quote.

Beyond Dexter, Rathbone will take it one step at a time once he gets to Harvard.

“I’ll make that decision when it comes with whatever team drafts me,” he said. “My dream has been to play in the NHL, so I think there’s no doubt that it’s an incredible opportunity. If that means going (to Harvard) for two years and then coming back to get a degree, or going for three or four years, then so be it. But I’ll make that decision when it comes time.”
        He literally mentions every option but being a one and done, so to say he's only looking to jump ship after a couple of seasons when he mentions being here for three or four in the same sentence is harsh to me.
        Former Harvard Hockey broadcaster on 95.3 FM and WHRB.org.
        Go Crimson!

Comment

Originally posted by alslammerz View Post
          That seems like an awful unjust reading of his quote.

He literally mentions every option but being a one and done, so to say he's only looking to jump ship after a couple of seasons when he mentions being here for three or four in the same sentence is harsh to me.
          He mentions the option of leaving after two seasons first which tells me that is foremost on his mind. He doesn't hide it to his credit. Sorry if you think I'm being harsh but I don't want us to become a BU type NHL farm team and his coming out and saying this before he steps foot on campus is bad optics. This won't sit well with Admissions. I don't fault him for wanting to pursue an NHL career. He should chase his dream. But to make reference to leaving after two seasons (and yeah I saw the other option) before he takes one shift at B-L just doesn't sit well with me. Even though I know it is well within his right to do it.

Comment

He mentions the option of leaving after two seasons first which tells me that is foremost on his mind. He doesn't hide it to his credit. Sorry if you think I'm being harsh but I don't want us to become a BU type NHL farm team and his coming out and saying this before he steps foot on campus is bad optics. This won't sit well with Admissions. I don't fault him for wanting to pursue an NHL career. He should chase his dream. But to make reference to leaving after two seasons (and yeah I saw the other option) before he takes one shift at B-L just doesn't sit well with me. Even though I know it is well within his right to do it.
            I don't know how else you'd mention it? Outside of counting down instead, saying two or three or four is the natural progression. This is a kid who turned down the USHL to be with his brother, I highly doubt he's going to leave Cambridge too soon unless someone offers him a starting NHL role.
            Former Harvard Hockey broadcaster on 95.3 FM and WHRB.org.
            Go Crimson!

Comment

Maybe he should see if he can compete at the college level first. Cape cod whalers. Right on😂

Comment

Three Harvard players/prospects named to the World Junior camp roster

http://teamusa.usahockey.com/page/sh...-s-full-roster

Comment

Good article on Reilly Walsh:

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/b...tSF86s.twitter

Comment

Class of 2021 announced:

http://www.gocrimson.com/sports/mice...20170622krhqan

No admissions casualties and confirms Walsh coming this year (instead of 2018) so will be a true frosh and Ben Solin coming in this year instead of 2018.
                    Last edited by bothman; 06-23-2017, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Walsh, Badini, and Rathbone all drafted.

Comment

good day today for y'all.
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by alslammerz View Post
                          I don't know how else you'd mention it? Outside of counting down instead, saying two or three or four is the natural progression. This is a kid who turned down the USHL to be with his brother, I highly doubt he's going to leave Cambridge too soon unless someone offers him a starting NHL role.
                          Al, that's exactly my point. He sacrificed a lot to be with his brother and help out his parents. No question that commitment says a lot about him and that's why i was taken aback at how non committal he was towards the Harvard program. Again, it's his choice.

Comment

Also in the Boston Globe. Goalie is headed to Quinnipiac to join his brother.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...xdO/story.html

Comment

Jace Foskey commits to Harvard. Defenseman out of Tri City of the USHL. Expected to come in 2018 alongside Bode Wilde and Jack Rathbone

Comment

Jace Foskey commits to Harvard. Defenseman out of Tri City of the USHL. Expected to come in 2018 alongside Bode Wilde and Jack Rathbone
                                On the very down side for us.........it appears Kyle Hayton, our second team All American goalie is leaving SLU for Wisconsin. Leaving in his senior year. Still a lot of unknowns like will he finish his degree and transfer as a grad student or have to sit out a year. Either way it is a huge blow for us at SLU to lose a goalie of his caliber.
                                SLU

Comment

Working...
                                X