Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Harvard Crimson 2016-2017

Originally posted by bothman View Post
    Really like this class. We finally bring in 2 very good puck moving defenseman that can get the puck out of the zone and QB the PP (big challenge this year compared to prior years)

We bring in a couple of older forwards who will be more seasoned/ready to the make jump.

Kerfoot, Szeto, and Pelton-Byce are more dynamic forwards.
    What about Gregoire? Looks like he could be a difference maker. Agree about Pelton-Byce.

Also, the goalie that is coming in has a so-so save %. In fact it is a bit worse than so-so. Hopefully Lackey is fully recovered and ready for camp in October. We need both goalies healthy and ready to go this year.

Comment

Anybody going out to Arizona for the season's opening weekend? It's a little far for us.

Comment

John Drury (Ted Drury's son) made the 5 Nations team (from the Select 16 camp) and will represent the USA.

Reilly Walsh is going play in the USHL full time next season.

Comment

Harvard releases schedule:
          http://gocrimson.com/sports/mice/2016-17/schedule

It's decent, but not as strong as year's past from a non-conference perspective:
          BC
          BU
          2@ASU
          Bentley
          Northeastern (Beanpot)
          BC or BU (Beanpot)

There is a stretch of Quinny, BC, BU consecutively in mid-November which will test Harvard's mettle.

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
            Harvard releases schedule:
            http://gocrimson.com/sports/mice/2016-17/schedule

It's decent, but not as strong as year's past from a non-conference perspective:
            BC
            BU
            2@ASU
            Bentley
            Northeastern (Beanpot)
            BC or BU (Beanpot)

There is a stretch of Quinny, BC, BU consecutively in mid-November which will test Harvard's mettle.
            Notice that their exhibition game is October 8th which suggests that they may be starting practices before October 1st. I know that the captains' practices begin in September but I'm wondering why the early exhibition and then a two week break before opening in Arizona?

Comment

Adam Fox makes first cut for World Jr team.

Comment

Jacob Golden (2018 recruit) has signed with London. Left D.

Was going to be a very crowded blue line for him with fox, Marino....and then Walsh, rathbone, Wilde, and Warren arriving (if get thru admissions)

Comment

Vesey Watch is on. I have no inside information but my gut tells me it's either Chicago or Buffalo. Chicago because they have a winning culture, Jonathan Toews and a great coach; Buffalo because of Eichel and great young talent in the pipeline.

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
                    Vesey Watch is on. I have no inside information but my gut tells me it's either Chicago or Buffalo. Chicago because they have a winning culture, Jonathan Toews and a great coach; Buffalo because of Eichel and great young talent in the pipeline.
                    WRONG. Welcome to the Big Apple and the NY Rangers because I guess they have the CASH. SHOW ME THE MONEY.
                    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                    And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Does he also get an automatic membership to the Harvard Club of NY and can he bring in newly discovered BC buddies like Krieder and Hayes as guests?
                      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Rangers Sign Jimmy Vesey to Entry-Level Contract
                        http://www.hockeyfights.com/news/214686
                        DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                        DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Harvard has 3 commits playing in the CCM prospects game in September:

http://www.allamericanprospectsgame....11-full-roster

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                            WRONG. Welcome to the Big Apple and the NY Rangers because I guess they have the CASH. SHOW ME THE MONEY.
                            WRONG. Each team could only offer him $925,000, an entry level deal. More than likely, they promised him PP time and second line left wing duty. This wasn't about the money; it had more to do with 'fit'.

Comment

Bruins sign Dom Moore '03 to a one year deal. Great to have him back in town and I hope he gets a chance to make it over to B-L this season.

Comment

Harvard picks up a recruit from the Chicago Steel in Baker Shore. Good bloodlines as brothers played at Denver. Wing who is due to come in 2018.

I think next year (2017-2018) season will be tough for Harvard (given graduation and a fairly weak incoming class in 2017), but assuming folks can get thru admissions and don't go to Major Junior, Harvard's recruits (beginning in 2018) are strong.

Comment

Working...
                                X