Harvard Crimson 2016-2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Harvard Crimson 2016-2017

On my way up now! See you at the Omni and the Dunk!
    Former Harvard Hockey broadcaster on 95.3 FM and WHRB.org.
    Go Crimson!

Comment

Funny things happen in a one and done. Doesn't help to play PC at the dunk. That being said harvard is far superior to PC and should win this game.

Comment

Originally posted by alslammerz View Post

For parking, either use the Dunkin' Donuts Center Parking Garage or the RI Convention Center parking garage. Parking should be $15.00 until midnight.
        Park at the Providence Place Mall instead - it's $2 for 5 hours and you can walk from the mall to the Dunk through the skybridge without ever going outside.

Comment

Preview of PC vs Harvard

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hock...e-leaman-espnu
          https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
          Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
            Park at the Providence Place Mall instead - it's $2 for 5 hours and you can walk from the mall to the Dunk through the skybridge without ever going outside.
            Thanks for the tip, I was previously planning to go for some nearby on street 4 hour parking.

I Googled the place to confirm the $2 price (looks good) but found Yelp as well. This one is honestly quite typical:

PARK AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!
            This garage is quite possibly the worst designed, managed, secured, and did i mention managed? parking garage in New England.

The main thing seemed to be getting stuck in line to get out, often for 30-60 minutes, and having your check-out card expire in the meantime.

But we'll park somewhere, and get to this game. Go Crimson!!

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
              Well considering BU's season isn't over yet I don't think sarcasm is warranted.
              They thought they'd walk way with Hockey East and that did not happen. UND in Fargo is a tough draw.
              Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
              they are loaded with #1 draft picks but they are a good team and very dangerous at this time of year. Harvard would never look past them.
              Also true.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
              -Blackadder
              "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
              -Casablanca
              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Right now lacrosse is on ESPNU, and a "program alert" message at the ticker at the bottom of the screen says the game can be viewed on ESPNNews and Watch ESPN until the lacrosse game is finished. Only problem is, my television subscription includes ESPNU but not ESPN News, so when I try to watch the game online, I get a "not authorized" error.

Anyone else having problems?
                Colgate '09

Comment

• oh man, brutal first few minutes of that first period. Harvard picked it up but still a lot of missed passes and panicky play. Hope we can settle down. A few glimpses of this great team!
                  Last edited by Harvardalum; 03-24-2017, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Congrats and good luck from here on in.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                    -Blackadder
                    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                    -Casablanca
                    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Nice advance.
                      YALE HOCKEY
                      2013 National Champions

Comment

Nice. First Beanpot title since 1993 and now first NCAA tournament win since they pasted UNH 7-1 in 1994. Let's keep this going.

Comment

Nice win today Crimson. Good luck tomorrow, make the ECAC proud!
                          Colgate '09

Comment

Just got home from the game. Wow, it was a struggle to be sure. PC came out storming and were it not for Madsen doing his best Ken Dryden imitation, we might have lost. The Friars had all kinds of chances in the first eight minutes. The game actually started to turn after an absolutely horrible call against the Friars when they were called for offsides as they scored a goal. The replay on the scoreboard clearly showed the puck crossing the blue line before the players. Egregious and slowly after that, Harvard started to find their legs.

A late first period PP led to Harvard's first goal early in the second period, a Tyler Moy wrister from the left faceoff circle that Hawkey either didn't see or just whiffed. Either way it got us going a bit and as the period wore on, we got more chances including a beauty from Adam Fox who walked out from behind the PC net and stuffed a backhander through Hawkey.

Third period was lockdown city as Harvard played the neutral zone trap to perfection. It was pretty boring in stretches until Moy sealed it with an empty netter.

Why Harvard started so slowly in this game is a mystery but you had to expect PC to come out firing. They had a big home crowd behind them. They outplayed us in stretches and definitely had the better opportunities and a lot more of them. We need to get our skating game going early tomorrow night.

Bring on ????????

Comment

Originally posted by Harvardalum View Post
                              oh man, brutal first few minutes of that first period. Harvard picked it up but still a lot of missed passes and panicky play. Hope we can settle down. A few glimpses of this great team!
                              Tell me about it. I thought we were going to get blown out. Reminded me of the BC quarterfinal last year. We need to get a much better jump from the opening puck drop tomorrow night.

Comment

Air Force is badly outplaying Western Michigan. Sure looks like we are going to see them tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X