Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Harvard Crimson 2016-2017

Originally posted by bothman View Post
    Henry Thrun, Marshall Warren, and Sean Farrell make the USNDT. Farinacci was only Harvard recruit invited who did not make team.
    Surprised because I heard a very bullish opinion on Farinacci a few years ago, but then again he'll be fine ONLY playing for Shattucks.
    Former Harvard Hockey broadcaster on 95.3 FM and WHRB.org.
    Go Crimson!

Comment

Originally posted by alslammerz View Post
      Wahlstrom and the U.S. team won the gold medal. He finished with 4 goals - 2 2-goal games.

He also delivered a big hit in the gold medal game that cost him 2 and 10 even though in the NCAA it would likely not have been a call. Impressive since he was the youngest player but he certainly more than held his own physically.
      http://www.pressherald.com/2017/04/2...s-for-harvard/

Wahlstrom article.

Comment

The second line have all signed with NHL teams or their AHL affiliates. Tyler Moy to Nashville, Sean Malone to Buffalo and Luke Esposito to Grand Rapids which I am assuming is Detroit's farm team? That would reunite Luke with Kyle Criscuolo.

Strange that Alexander Kerfoot wasn't on the list of seniors to sign and that leads one to wonder if he is going to play it out like Vesey and try and get an offer from maybe the Canucks? To be closer to home.

Comment

The Friends of Harvard Hockey are hosting another get together with Ted Donato and Katey Stone on the Friday after Commencement (May 26th). The event takes place at Dillon Field House at 3:30pm. If you are an alum and are in the area, it will be a good chance to stop in and hear Teddy's thoughts about the season. Also Angela Ruggiero, who starred for the Crimson from '99 to 2004, will be in attendance. She's always engaging and loves talking hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
            The Friends of Harvard Hockey are hosting another get together with Ted Donato and Katey Stone on the Friday after Commencement (May 26th). The event takes place at Dillon Field House at 3:30pm. If you are an alum and are in the area, it will be a good chance to stop in and hear Teddy's thoughts about the season. Also Angela Ruggiero, who starred for the Crimson from '99 to 2004, will be in attendance. She's always engaging and loves talking hockey.
            I know this was in the email but if you are going there is also a music festival happening at the athletic complex so be prepared for that and the lack of parking.
            Go Crimson!

Comment

Harvard has 2 @ Minny next year in November! Nothing like getting battle tested early.

Comment

Harvard has 2 @ Minny next year in November! Nothing like getting battle tested early.
                We will also be in the Catamount Cup with UMass-Lowell, Vermont, and SLU.

That leaves 1 non-conference game besides the Beanpot - interesting if we'll go with a higher end (BC/Northeastern) or a lower end game (cough Bentley cough).
                Go Crimson!

Comment

We will also be in the Catamount Cup with UMass-Lowell, Vermont, and SLU.

That leaves 1 non-conference game besides the Beanpot - interesting if we'll go with a higher end (BC/Northeastern) or a lower end game (cough Bentley cough).
                  have to confess; mookie has never, ever seen these 2 in the same sentence combined as such....
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    have to confess; mookie has never, ever seen these 2 in the same sentence combined as such....
                    that's okay.. there's a lot you still have to learn.
                    & Go Crimson
                    GO NU HOCKEY
                    Always bullish on the future.
                    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      By higher end I meant Hockey East and we know it'll be either BC or Northeastern. There's very little chance (I'd think) that we use the remaining NC game on a non-Beanpot Hockey East opponent (and it also won't be BU because their schedule is out.)

And compared to Bentley...
                      Go Crimson!

Comment

Any word on if Harvard will play at Madison Square Garden next season?

Comment

Originally posted by Game0n View Post
                          Any word on if Harvard will play at Madison Square Garden next season?
                          Considering they only have 1 non-conference game unknown, I wouldn't bet on it. I guess theoretically they could give up a home game to play at MSG but considering their record there I almost hope not.
                          Go Crimson!

Comment

I know this was in the email but if you are going there is also a music festival happening at the athletic complex so be prepared for that and the lack of parking.
                            Way ahead of you. I'm planning to use public transportation. It's the start of Memorial Day weekend so I don't want to be on the roads at all on a Friday afternoon before the start of a holiday weekend.
                            Last edited by Skate79; 05-14-2017, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Has next year's schedule been posted anywhere? Don't see it on go crimson.com. Looks like out of conference will be challenging.

Fluto Shinzawa of the Boston Globe in his Sunday notes column is already pegging Ryan Donato for Olympic duty next year. He says to expect Ryan to miss the month of February. We will probably get him back for the first round of the ECACs. Tough to lose him at that juncture of the season but it will be a great experience for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
                                Has next year's schedule been posted anywhere? Don't see it on go crimson.com. Looks like out of conference will be challenging.

Fluto Shinzawa of the Boston Globe in his Sunday notes column is already pegging Ryan Donato for Olympic duty next year. He says to expect Ryan to miss the month of February. We will probably get him back for the first round of the ECACs. Tough to lose him at that juncture of the season but it will be a great experience for him.
                                Bringing me back to 80's and Olympic year hardship. Brutal!

Harvard also plays Lowell, BC and Vermont...,

Comment

Working...
                                X