Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Harvard Crimson 2016-2017

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
    Just a footnote on something a bit odd I saw in the BC game. Referee Chip McDonald was wearing some port of thing on top of his helmet. I wondered of it was some sort of replay camera. Maybe some of you wondered also.

I saw one of the ECAC supervisors of officials, Don Garcia, and asked. It was not a camera for officiating purposes, Chip was wearing it as a favor to one of the teams that is making a promotional video but Don was not sure which team.
    I saw it. Thought it was a GoPro. An official during one of the women's games was also wearing one. I thought it was something one of the networks televising the game requested to get different views of the action. I remember watching the Harvard women's game thinking it was a cool view of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
      Anybody making the trek to Agannis this evening?

Should be a great battle. Harvard team with momentum vs a BU team that will be hungry coming off of a subpar performance. We all know what happened last year when these two team battled at Bright.

Hoping for a different outcome this year!
      We owe them after last season's meltdown at BL.

Comment

Pretty disappointing performance by Harvard. I thought the Beanpot was in February because this game felt like that....a flat, disjointed performance by Harvard who for the most part, could not get anything going. Credit to BU of course.

A couple of notes:
        - This was the worst performance I have seen from Harvard's D yet. Consistently let Madsen hang out to dry and struggled to break the puck out of the zone
        - Wiley Sherman needs to figure out what kind of hockey player he wants to be. He fell down on BU's 2nd goal, tried to pass the puck behind the Crimson goal off the boards and put it right back into Harvard's slot on what should have been another BU goal. I see limited compete level and no use of his size to make things miserable for opponents
        - Madsen played well.
        - Offense was disjointed all night and nothing from Harvard's 3rd & 4th lines (this is a problem and Donato may want to mix these lines up to try and get something going). In general,the offense had no sustained cycling, an inability to bring the puck into the zone with purpose/speed
        - Baughmann was completely out of position on BU's 3rd goal which allowed a clear passing line and a back-door tap in. Greenway completely just blocked him out of the play once he was caught out of position and not goal side
        - Malone was Harvard's best forward and was consistently dangerous

The good thing here is Harvard shouldn't look past Bentley after a mostly uninspired performance in a game that should mean something come March. Let's hoe for a bounce back on Saturday.

Comment

Pretty disappointing performance by Harvard. I thought the Beanpot was in February because this game felt like that....a flat, disjointed performance by Harvard who for the most part, could not get anything going. Credit to BU of course.

A couple of notes:
          - This was the worst performance I have seen from Harvard's D yet. Consistently let Madsen hang out to dry and struggled to break the puck out of the zone
          - Wiley Sherman needs to figure out what kind of hockey player he wants to be. He fell down on BU's 2nd goal, tried to pass the puck behind the Crimson goal off the boards and put it right back into Harvard's slot on what should have been another BU goal. I see limited compete level and no use of his size to make things miserable for opponents
          - Madsen played well.
          - Offense was disjointed all night and nothing from Harvard's 3rd & 4th lines (this is a problem and Donato may want to mix these lines up to try and get something going). In general,the offense had no sustained cycling, an inability to bring the puck into the zone with purpose/speed
          - Baughmann was completely out of position on BU's 3rd goal which allowed a clear passing line and a back-door tap in. Greenway completely just blocked him out of the play once he was caught out of position and not goal side
          - Malone was Harvard's best forward and was consistently dangerous

The good thing here is Harvard shouldn't look past Bentley after a mostly uninspired performance in a game that should mean something come March. Let's hoe for a bounce back on Saturday.
          I didn't see the game but I'm not overly disappointed. BU is stacked with a plethora of first rounders. Okay, we didn't play well and given what happened last year, for Harvard not to take it to BU was puzzling. It's early and I'm more concerned with us finishing strong in late January and February. Obviously beating ranked opponents is key and we missed that opportunity last night. But we'll get another chance at them in February I'm sure and we still have Quinnipiac in early January.

Sherman can be a bit of a wild card. Hopefully they can get him straightened out sooner rather than later. Still think our D is better than last year's corp.

The third and fourth lines are a problem. I like Krushko's game and he should be on the third line with Lloyd and maybe Gregoire instead of Pelton Byce? Put Floodstrand on the fourth line in Krushko's place? Just spitballing here. What about Colton Kerfoot? What is the book on him? After Bentley, we've got the North Country trip which is never easy. We need three out of four points on that trip.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Comment

Tonight was one of those "okay we know we're going to win so let's give just enough effort to secure the W and then party like there is no tomorrow". The Crimson were vastly superior up front and their speed and skill should have led to more than five goals. But throughout the game, you got the feeling that the team did just what they had to do to give themselves breathing room. It wasn't an artistic success by any means but it's two points.

Goal of the night belonged to Ryan Donato who did his best Bobby Orr imitation skating through two Falcon players, circling the net and tucking a backhander on the open side vacated by the Bentley goalie. Highlight reel stuff. Runner up for goal of the night belonged to Adam Fox who got his first collegiate goal by showing extraordinary patience waiting for the Bentley D to collapse in front of him leaving him an opening to thread a wrister to the far side by the goalie's glove side. The kid has great offensive potential and is only going to get better with time.

Assist of the night belonged to who else? Alexander Kerfoot who skated around and through three Falcon players waiting until Zerter Gossage got open, then slipped a backhand feed out front that Gossage roofed glove side. Pretty stuff.

The D was okay but gave Bentley a few too many looks at Madsen. Baughman looks a bit tentative out there and whiffed on a couple of easy clears giving Bentley clear shots in close. That can't happen next weekend.

Aside from the Beanpot, I think we're done with our out of conference schedule so bring on the ECAC. Nothing like a trip to North Country to get the team's attention.
            Last edited by Skate79; 11-26-2016, 09:48 PM.

Comment

It looks as though tonight's game will be broadcast via the St. L athletics web site. Nice.

http://saintsathletics.com/sports/20...917132022.aspx

Comment

Unlike the money laden Ivies the less endowed ECAC D3 schools provide free streaming
                SLU65

Comment

Great win tonight. Kerfoot played a great game. Team came out strong in the third period and the power play was consistent. The SLU announcers, especially the color guy, made me laugh. Have they ever called a game before? The color guy sounds like someone from "The Sopranos".

On to Cheel and the Golden Knights. Man a sweep would be sweet before exams.

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
                    Great win tonight. Kerfoot played a great game. Team came out strong in the third period and the power play was consistent. The SLU announcers, especially the color guy, made me laugh. Have they ever called a game before? The color guy sounds like someone from "The Sopranos".

On to Cheel and the Golden Knights. Man a sweep would be sweet before exams.
                    That color guy is Joe Marsh , ex. Saints coach, One of the best coaches ever in this league. I believe he knows his hockey-------By the way, you have a very good team.
                    brashersaintsfan

Comment

Originally posted by slu fan View Post
                      That color guy is Joe Marsh , ex. Saints coach, One of the best coaches ever in this league. I believe he knows his hockey-------By the way, you have a very good team.
                      Joe Marsh? Really? I get that he has his allegiance to SLU but man, some of his comments were, well, unusual in their simplicity and just, out there. And for an ex hockey coach especially one who was as respected as Marsh, I'm really surprised. Oh well, thanks for the compliment. You guys played a good tournament in Ireland. Didn't realize that SLU and Quinny don't like each other all that much.

Comment

• Originally posted by slu fan View Post
                        Yes sir. One of the greats. Pure class!

Really like this Harvard team this year. Amazing what having skilled, puck moving D can deliver.

Comment

Clarkson broadcast:

http://www.clarksonathletics.tv/mhoc...203/index.html

And I agree, the St. Lawrence color commentary was very colorful! I quite enjoyed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson on the Glass View Post
                            Clarkson broadcast:

http://www.clarksonathletics.tv/mhoc...203/index.html

And I agree, the St. Lawrence color commentary was very colorful! I quite enjoyed it.
                            Clarkson is on an 8 game unbeaten streak. We ended SLU's last night; let's make it two in a row tonight.

Comment

Yes sir. One of the greats. Pure class!

Really like this Harvard team this year. Amazing what having skilled, puck moving D can deliver.
                              Fox is something else indeed. Would like to see some production from the third and fourth lines. That concerns me a bit.

Comment

Going 2-0 at the North Country against two very quality North Country teams....can't think of a great way to go into a well-earned break.

What a weekend!

Comment

Working...
                                X