Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Harvard Crimson 2016-2017

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
    How many league games will Harvard really lose down the stretch? I be shocked if they lost any more than 2-3 at the most and they have the talent and confidence right now to win out in the league regular season.
    We still have to play at Yale and Cornell and those won't be easy games. Nor will the game at Union next weekend. Like many of the conferences, it isn't easy to win on the road. Fortunately our February schedule aside from the Beanpot is mostly at Bright Landry. That helps.

Comment

Given the weather, I'm taking a pass at going to BL tonight. The game is on ESPN3 so if you have the WatchESPN app, you're good to go. Surprised actually that the game is still on as the height of the storm is hitting us now through 10pm tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
        I was at the game sitting on the Harvard side directly opposite the Bobcats bench. Initially Pecknold was arguing calmly and his beef was that Krushko kicked the puck into the net. The replay showed the puck bouncing off Truell, sliding off Nathan's skate which was going towards the post but not in a kicking manner. Pecknold couldn't or wouldn't stop so the ref bounced him. It completely changed the tenor of the game and the Bobcats became unglued and starting taking stupid penalties and losing focus.
        Ref took game away from players on both sides last night. At this point in season should never be that many whistles or penalties. Hockey needs to play. Rand had every right to ask for review. Harvard PP deadly. Paul Pearl has done great job to tighten it up this year. Fun game when 5 on 5 to watch....but 1 ref took away 2nd period. Good luck to Harvard iwhen you get man up....deadly! Fun to watch

Comment

Originally posted by Hank81 View Post
          Ref took game away from players on both sides last night. At this point in season should never be that many whistles or penalties. Hockey needs to play. Rand had every right to ask for review. Harvard PP deadly. Paul Pearl has done great job to tighten it up this year. Fun game when 5 on 5 to watch....but 1 ref took away 2nd period. Good luck to Harvard iwhen you get man up....deadly! Fun to watch
          Of course he can ask for the review. But berating an official to the point where you get kicked out does not help your team. I agree that the officials lost control of the game and that's a shame because both teams deserved better. Officiating in the ECAC has gone downhill in the last ten or so years.

Comment

Last night's game had the feel of last season's RPI game at Bright where we poured 55 shots on Kasdorf and lost. We had our chances to put this game away early but we let Princeton hang around way too long. Should not have come down to the empty net goals. Except for the final score, this was disappointing any way you look at it. Might have been some hangover from the previous night.

That said, we got the four points and in the end, that's all that matters. I don't know how Fox made it through this weekend. He's going to need some major rest this week. Hope that Teddy gives him a break during practices this week. Kid is a stud.

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
              Last night's game had the feel of last season's RPI game at Bright where we poured 55 shots on Kasdorf and lost. We had our chances to put this game away early but we let Princeton hang around way too long. Should not have come down to the empty net goals. Except for the final score, this was disappointing any way you look at it. Might have been some hangover from the previous night.

That said, we got the four points and in the end, that's all that matters. I don't know how Fox made it through this weekend. He's going to need some major rest this week. Hope that Teddy gives him a break during practices this week. Kid is a stud.
              If I am the Calgary Flames I would do everything in my power to make Adam Fox a one and done.
              QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
              2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
              2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
              2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
              https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
              https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
              https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

• Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                If I am the Calgary Flames I would do everything in my power to make Adam Fox a one and done.
                Why? Not even close to NHL ready and he is in perfect spot for his development

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
                  Of course he can ask for the review. But berating an official to the point where you get kicked out does not help your team.
                  It does if you're making a valid argument AND trying to inspire your team. I'm not condoning what Pecknold did, and in this case it didn't work. But I do think at that moment he was trying to rally the troops.
                  Quinnipiac Bobcats
                  2023 National Champions
                  ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                  ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                  East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                  Northeast Regional:
                  West Regional: 2015, 2021
                  Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                  Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
                    Of course he can ask for the review. But berating an official to the point where you get kicked out does not help your team. I agree that the officials lost control of the game and that's a shame because both teams deserved better. Officiating in the ECAC has gone downhill in the last ten or so years.
                    It was only one official that let game get out of control. Pecknold forced to take time out in order to grant review....makes no sense...McDonald must have received coal in his stocking for Christmas. He continued to blow whistle on both sides all night. Teams never had chance to play hockey. When they did it was fun to watch. The difference in this one was the Harvard PP....impressive...Paul Pearl good addition to bench. Harvard should get deep in playoffs and hope they win Beanpot. BU is loaded with talent

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                      Why? Not even close to NHL ready and he is in perfect spot for his development
                      Agreed. Given size, likely to be a 3 year and maybe a 4 year player. Fox was made for college hockey. Future potential hobey baker player, just like Mark Fusco back in the early 80s.

If Fox maintains his current trajectory this year, he will certainly be freshman of the year and likely 1st Team All ECAC....unless the homer media decides to gift it to an upperclassmen. No D has better numbers than Fox this far in the ECAC.

Comment

I am really hoping the new PWR doesn't make anyone overconfident, or worse yet complacent. Union particularly feels like an important one, maybe their toughest opponent until the Beanpot. Do we get online feeds from both of the Albany area schools typically?

Comment

The stream offered by RPI is free and very high quality. Last I knew the stream from Union requires payment ($10?) and I do now know about the quality. It's going to be a challenging night for the Dutchmen on Saturday but I am hoping it will be a good one!
                          Let's Go Union!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                            It does if you're making a valid argument AND trying to inspire your team. I'm not condoning what Pecknold did, and in this case it didn't work. But I do think at that moment he was trying to rally the troops.
                            Rally the troops? It wasn't like you fell behind 5-1. It was only 2-1. He went overboard and it backfired.

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson on the Glass View Post
                              I am really hoping the new PWR doesn't make anyone overconfident, or worse yet complacent. Union particularly feels like an important one, maybe their toughest opponent until the Beanpot. Do we get online feeds from both of the Albany area schools typically?
                              Yeah I saw the new ranking and cringed. Not because I'm unhappy that we've climbed the polls but I don't want the guys getting overly complacent or cocky. We saw what happened when they won the Mariucci last season, then had the meltdown against BU.

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                                He's not ready. And I think Vesey's example of staying all four years will resonate with him. At least I hope so.

The player I'm thinking might jump is Wiley Sherman. The Bruins are in transition and all signs point to Chara being exposed in the NHL expansion draft in June. That combined with McAvoy coming on board next season gets me thinking that the B's will go after Sherman. O'Gara and Lauzon will not be far behind.

Comment

Working...
                                X