Harvard Crimson 2016-2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Harvard Crimson 2016-2017

A BIG Green congrats on the Whitelaw; quite an impressive feat going through the quality teams in the ECAC but in the end the best team survived and won. You guys are awesome from top to bottom with little if no weaknesses O, D, and ST (maybe PK is not as strong as the others). That second line was tremendous and fun to watch. I am still scratching my head how the Big Green split with you! LOL! Good Luck in the tourney and hopefully we will see you in Chicago!

Comment

Originally posted by UFan View Post
      Congrats one the cup!!! An amazing season so far, for a very impressive team.
      Good luck in the regionals, we'll see you at the frozen four !
      Actually we might see you before then. The Bracketology prediction on USCHO has Union playing Air Force and Harvard playing Providence in Providence. So we could see each other in that region's final.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG Green View Post
        A BIG Green congrats on the Whitelaw; quite an impressive feat going through the quality teams in the ECAC but in the end the best team survived and won. You guys are awesome from top to bottom with little if no weaknesses O, D, and ST (maybe PK is not as strong as the others). That second line was tremendous and fun to watch. I am still scratching my head how the Big Green split with you! LOL! Good Luck in the tourney and hopefully we will see you in Chicago!
        Thanks. When we played you guys in January, we had a brief hiccup that included losing to Union and RPI (that was an ugly loss). It was a wake up call that helped propel us to being tournament champs. Hoping we stay in the East and punch our ticket to Chicago.

Comment

Some leftover thoughts from last night's championship:

1. I've been hard on Madsen for the past two seasons feeling like he hasn't stolen or won us games with his goaltending. That stops now. He deserved the MVP for the tournament as he absolutely stonewalled Cornell at key junctures when the Crimson were running around in their own end. This was the weekend we've been waiting for from him and it can only help him going into next weekend.

2. Michael Floodstrand scored his first goal of the season last night but he has been a buzzsaw for the past few weeks. He has taken his skating to another level and is using his size and physicality to create chances for the fourth line. He got rewarded with a fortunate bounce but if he keeps this up, he'll be a factor in the NCAAs.

3. Speaking of bounces, Harvard got a few this weekend while the Big Red have to be talking to themselves about the missed opportunities in close. They had open looks at Madsen several times and the puck either eluded their sticks or they just misfired. Either way, it's pays to be good and lucky. Sometimes you need both to win.

4. Classy moment in the post game interview when Teddy recognized Paul Pearl for his work with the PP and the D. Two coaches who should be highly sought after once the season concludes are Pearl and Norm Bazin. Some NHL team will be calling to inquire about Bazin and Pearl should get HC offers especially if Harvard goes to the Frozen Four. Would hate to lose Pearl but he deserves the opportunity if he wants it.

Comment

Confirmed: Harvard will be playing in Providence.
            LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

An interesting regional in Providence with Harvard facing the Friars and Western Michigan taking on Air Force. Didn't expect to see WM in this regional but hey, we're staying home and that's a good thing!

I-95 to Dunkin Donuts Ctr, here we come!!!

Comment

I just bought my tickets for Friday.

I also emailed the Harvard Club of Rhode Island to see if they (spur them to) host a Harvard get together before the game. The contact info is here fyi: http://hcrhodeisland.clubs.harvard.edu/contact.html (Note you will have to delete an extra n from the third email address).
                Former Harvard Hockey broadcaster on 95.3 FM and WHRB.org.
                Go Crimson!

Comment

• Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
                  An interesting regional in Providence with Harvard facing the Friars and Western Michigan taking on Air Force. Didn't expect to see WM in this regional but hey, we're staying home and that's a good thing!

I-95 to Dunkin Donuts Ctr, here we come!!!
                  Wish I could go, but a long way from San Fran. If they can somehow get out of the bracket and make it to Chicago, I will be there.

Comment

So what can we expect from Providence?

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
                      So what can we expect from Providence?
                      a better time than being in cincy, fargo, or manchvegas. good eats and bars all close to the barn. mookie likes providence
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        a better time than being in cincy, fargo, or manchvegas. good eats and bars all close to the barn. mookie likes providence
                        I mean from the team. The Friars!

Comment

• Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
                          Some leftover thoughts from last night's championship:

1. I've been hard on Madsen for the past two seasons feeling like he hasn't stolen or won us games with his goaltending. That stops now. He deserved the MVP for the tournament as he absolutely stonewalled Cornell at key junctures when the Crimson were running around in their own end. This was the weekend we've been waiting for from him and it can only help him going into next weekend.

2. Michael Floodstrand scored his first goal of the season last night but he has been a buzzsaw for the past few weeks. He has taken his skating to another level and is using his size and physicality to create chances for the fourth line. He got rewarded with a fortunate bounce but if he keeps this up, he'll be a factor in the NCAAs.

3. Speaking of bounces, Harvard got a few this weekend while the Big Red have to be talking to themselves about the missed opportunities in close. They had open looks at Madsen several times and the puck either eluded their sticks or they just misfired. Either way, it's pays to be good and lucky. Sometimes you need both to win.

4. Classy moment in the post game interview when Teddy recognized Paul Pearl for his work with the PP and the D. Two coaches who should be highly sought after once the season concludes are Pearl and Norm Bazin. Some NHL team will be calling to inquire about Bazin and Pearl should get HC offers especially if Harvard goes to the Frozen Four. Would hate to lose Pearl but he deserves the opportunity if he wants it.
                          Harvard great season 3 tough games vs Q. Fun to watch pp and Madsen get better all year. 1st two lines are deadly. Paurl Pearl did great job with PP this year. Wishing them good luck Donato a class act in interviews for both Q and Cornell

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
                            I mean from the team. The Friars!
                            Well, once again they will be happily sleeping in their own beds with a short walk to the rink, and as strong and supportive of a home crowd as can be expected.

Ooops, and I just looked at all the "Quick Look" articles recently posted on USCHO, one for each of the 4 Regionals. Three of them feature the #1 seed team in the title and photograph. And then there is the East Regional and home team (no not host) Providence (the team featured in title, photo, and most of the story). Written by the ECAC Columnist, mind you. If you read down a ways to the 8th paragraph, he does mention a few things about Harvard.

I think by Friday evening the focus may change.

http://www.uscho.com/2017/03/19/a-qu...r-destination/
                            Last edited by Crimson on the Glass; 03-20-2017, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hank81 View Post
                              Harvard great season 3 tough games vs Q. Fun to watch pp and Madsen get better all year. 1st two lines are deadly. Paul Pearl did great job with PP this year.
                              I worry a little bit when I see stories attributing success to Paul Pearl's excellent coaching contribution. And I really hope he continues to highly value his short commute and family / convenience!

Comment

Good luck from a BC fan.
                                The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                                BC - 12
                                BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X