Harvard Crimson 2016-2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Harvard Crimson 2016-2017

He doesn't berate them, he gets an explanation. Big ****ing deal. Get over it. You had the PP edge.

Comment

And i see goals reviewed all over hockey east that have no business being reviewed. Plus you can ask for a review if you think a play was offsides etc

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        He doesn't berate them, he gets an explanation. Big ****ing deal. Get over it. You had the PP edge.
        Actually we only had one more PP than you guys and that came with 15 seconds left in the game. The officials gave you guys a chance to get back in with consecutive power plays so I would hardly say that we had an edge there.

York does whine. Every call, every goal, it became a side show. He held up the game for at least ten to fifteen minutes. I felt like I was watching the NFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
          Actually we only had one more PP than you guys and that came with 15 seconds left in the game. The officials gave you guys a chance to get back in with consecutive power plays so I would hardly say that we had an edge there.

York does whine. Every call, every goal, it became a side show. He held up the game for at least ten to fifteen minutes. I felt like I was watching the NFL.
          This is spot on. It almost felt like there was an extra official.

No coach I respect more than York, but last night was Operation Sideshow!

Comment

Every call and every goal, eh? You really are a moron

Comment

At least you two have each other though

Comment

At least you two have each other though
                And you too it seems...

Comment

No worries chase

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
                    Love York, but the whining tonight was ridiculous.
                    Gotta leave Jerry alone. He is 85 years old and is vision requires medical attention.

Plus there is an NCAA rule that any coach wearing a sweater and tie under his jacket can whinge all they want. Surprised other coaches haven't picked up on this.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
                      Gotta leave Jerry alone. He is 85 years old and is vision requires medical attention.

Plus there is an NCAA rule that any coach wearing a sweater and tie under his jacket can whinge all they want. Surprised other coaches haven't picked up on this.
                      Great post! Amen!

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
                        Your argument has no merit.
                        3rd Period
                        1:01 BC 2:00
                        1:58 BC 2:00
                        3:10 BC 2:00
                        3:50 HU PPG
                        3:50 BC 2:00
                        4:23 HU PPG
                        4:39 HU goal

The even strength goal at 4:39 was a good Harvard team taking advantage of a tired BC team that had been killing penalties the entire 3rd period up to that point.
                        One could argue that the refs gave H a nice 5-1 cushion and then called a few on H in the last 5:00. But we won't, cuz we know the scoreboard will look a lot different when the game actually matters, like for a Beanpot trophy or something.

You have a good team there. No need to whine about the refs... oh wait, that's our coach that's the whiner. Sorry.
                        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Every call and every goal, eh? You really are a moron
                          Okay, so I was just imagining it. You guys are laughable.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                            Your argument has no merit.
                            3rd Period
                            1:01 BC 2:00
                            1:58 BC 2:00
                            3:10 BC 2:00
                            3:50 HU PPG
                            3:50 BC 2:00
                            4:23 HU PPG
                            4:39 HU goal

The even strength goal at 4:39 was a good Harvard team taking advantage of a tired BC team that had been killing penalties the entire 3rd period up to that point.
                            One could argue that the refs gave H a nice 5-1 cushion and then called a few on H in the last 5:00. But we won't, cuz we know the scoreboard will look a lot different when the game actually matters, like for a Beanpot trophy or something.

You have a good team there. No need to whine about the refs... oh wait, that's our coach that's the whiner. Sorry.
                            What argument? I merely pointed out that we had one more power play than BC and it came with less than a minute left in the game. You want the numbers? Here they are: Boston College: 28 minutes on 10 infraction(s) Harvard: 26 minutes on 9 infraction(s).

The fatigue argument doesn't hold water because the penalties against Harvard towards the end of the third came at a time when we should have felt just as much if not more fatigue.

Comment

Just a footnote on something a bit odd I saw in the BC game. Referee Chip McDonald was wearing some port of thing on top of his helmet. I wondered of it was some sort of replay camera. Maybe some of you wondered also.

I saw one of the ECAC supervisors of officials, Don Garcia, and asked. It was not a camera for officiating purposes, Chip was wearing it as a favor to one of the teams that is making a promotional video but Don was not sure which team.

Comment

Anybody making the trek to Agannis this evening?

Should be a great battle. Harvard team with momentum vs a BU team that will be hungry coming off of a subpar performance. We all know what happened last year when these two team battled at Bright.

Hoping for a different outcome this year!

Comment

Working...
                                X