Harvard Crimson 2016-2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Harvard Crimson 2016-2017

Not good for RPI, with the Crimson in town.

http://www.uscho.com/2017/01/13/rens...eam-standards/

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson on the Glass View Post
      Not good for RPI, with the Crimson in town.

http://www.uscho.com/2017/01/13/rens...eam-standards/
      I'm not sure it would have mattered anyways. I'm expecting pain for RPI tonight. Possibly a major beatdown.
      QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
      2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
      2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
      2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
      https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
      https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
      https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

You knew it was going to happen 🙂

Comment

When you are arrogant and don't respect your opponent, that is what u get. Harvard isn't so good where it can win without playing the right way.

Hopefully, a wake up call and hopefully not the beginning of a malaise.

We drop from #2 to #7 or 8 in the rankings. Quite sure the the team got an earful from Donato.

On to Union.

Comment

Pairwise problem resolved. I tuned in late - what happened and where was Madsen?

Comment

• Originally posted by Crimson on the Glass View Post
              Pairwise problem resolved. I tuned in late - what happened and where was Madsen?
              Was not Madsen, but the team in front of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
                He's not ready. And I think Vesey's example of staying all four years will resonate with him. At least I hope so.

The player I'm thinking might jump is Wiley Sherman. The Bruins are in transition and all signs point to Chara being exposed in the NHL expansion draft in June. That combined with McAvoy coming on board next season gets me thinking that the B's will go after Sherman. O'Gara and Lauzon will not be far behind.
                Why would an expansion team take on Chara's salary??? While his salary cap hit is 6.5 Mil; it is on a de-escalating scale and drops to 4 mil next year. Find it hard to believe an expansion team would take a 39 year old player at a 4 million dollar cap hit.
                SLU

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                  I'm not sure it would have mattered anyways. I'm expecting pain for RPI tonight. Possibly a major beatdown.
                  That was some beatdown. At least Lowell took care of business 5-1 against them two weeks ago and didn't look past the game like Harvard did.
                  Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                  Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                  Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

I would expect Harvard to come out extremely focused tonight. Should be a very interesting game.

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
                      When you are arrogant and don't respect your opponent, that is what u get. Harvard isn't so good where it can win without playing the right way.

Hopefully, a wake up call and hopefully not the beginning of a malaise.

We drop from #2 to #7 or 8 in the rankings. Quite sure the the team got an earful from Donato.

On to Union.
                      This ^^^^ and then some. I got home last night and thought I had read the score the wrong way. How in the world do you get shut out by the worst team in the conference? Cripes, talk about not getting off the bus. They better come out tonight and blast Union. I mean it better be 60 minutes of hell and take no prisoners. Falling in love with your ranking gets you spanked.

Comment

I would expect Harvard to come out extremely focused tonight. Should be a very interesting game.
                        They better.

Comment

119 minutes at 1/2 speed, the last at full. What a weekend.

Comment

I think Harvard is fine. I thought they played pretty well at Union. They rung iron 3 times in the 2nd period and ran up against a really good goalie. They could have easily won that game on the road. The RPI game was a disaster.

It will be back to basics. Spacing, transition game, skating the puck in and maintaining puck possession in the opponent's zone, defensive communication, etc.

The January malaise continues though...how many seasons in a row have we seen Harvard enter this swoon in January?

Comment

I think Harvard is fine. I thought they played pretty well at Union. They rung iron 3 times in the 2nd period and ran up against a really good goalie. They could have easily won that game on the road. The RPI game was a disaster.

It will be back to basics. Spacing, transition game, skating the puck in and maintaining puck possession in the opponent's zone, defensive communication, etc.

The January malaise continues though...how many seasons in a row have we seen Harvard enter this swoon in January?
                              Both, I was thinking the same thing. I'm wondering if it has to do with the new schedule of exams before Christmas and then a month off. Maybe the guys have too much time on their hands and are too unfocused. Something happens to us when the calendar turns and it is now three years running. You can't really blame injuries because I think the team is relatively healthy. Hopefully they right the ship over the next few weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
                                Both, I was thinking the same thing. I'm wondering if it has to do with the new schedule of exams before Christmas and then a month off. Maybe the guys have too much time on their hands and are too unfocused. Something happens to us when the calendar turns and it is now three years running. You can't really blame injuries because I think the team is relatively healthy. Hopefully they right the ship over the next few weeks.
                                Yup. Don't know what it is.

Easier said than done, but if Harvard gets back on track and goes 3-0 or 2-0-1 in these next 3 (@dartmouth and then home against brown and Yale), they will be right back where I expect them (top 6 or so).

Harvard also really only has two demanding road games left (Cornell and Yale) so scheduling wise, I think they have some advantages over teams in the ecac that hey are looking up at.

Comment

Working...
                                X