Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Harvard Crimson 2016-2017

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
    Air Force is badly outplaying Western Michigan. Sure looks like we are going to see them tomorrow.
    They don't tire easily, good luck.
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Comment

keep it up fellas
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Just got home from the game. Wow, it was a struggle to be sure. PC came out storming and were it not for Madsen doing his best Ken Dryden imitation, we might have lost. The Friars had all kinds of chances in the first eight minutes. The game actually started to turn after an absolutely horrible call against the Friars when they were called for offsides as they scored a goal. The replay on the scoreboard clearly showed the puck crossing the blue line before the players. Egregious and slowly after that, Harvard started to find their legs.

A late first period PP led to Harvard's first goal early in the second period, a Tyler Moy wrister from the left faceoff circle that Hawkey either didn't see or just whiffed. Either way it got us going a bit and as the period wore on, we got more chances including a beauty from Adam Fox who walked out from behind the PC net and stuffed a backhander through Hawkey.

Third period was lockdown city as Harvard played the neutral zone trap to perfection. It was pretty boring in stretches until Moy sealed it with an empty netter.

Why Harvard started so slowly in this game is a mystery but you had to expect PC to come out firing. They had a big home crowd behind them. They outplayed us in stretches and definitely had the better opportunities and a lot more of them. We need to get our skating game going early tomorrow night.

Bring on ????????
        Tell me about it. I thought we were going to get blown out. Reminded me of the BC quarterfinal last year. We need to get a much better jump from the opening puck drop tomorrow night.
        Air Force is badly outplaying Western Michigan. Sure looks like we are going to see them tomorrow.
        Not a great start for us and I was definitely worried but when we made it to the end of the 1st 0-0 and on the PP I was feeling better. Great win!

Air Force stormed out of the gate hard. A little surprised Western Michigan came back to make a game of it, I left after Air Force made it 4-1. We face another Starrett brother tomorrow. We need to come out hard.

Bought my tickets at the Dunk during the nightcap. Go Crimson!
        Former Harvard Hockey broadcaster on 95.3 FM and WHRB.org.
        Go Crimson!

Comment

Best of luck tomorrow, Western is VERY young, the best is yet to come with them but the Lee penalty and the Alisson penalty were typical freshmen mistakes and can't happen in important games. I would expect the experience for Harvard to will them through this game, AF never will quit so it could be a battle but it won't be so easy to possess the puck against Harvard.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            keep it up fellas
            Thanks. Air Force is no slouch. Their first line is dynamite. We are going to have to skate for 60 minutes. Fortunately Madsen is playing out of his mind right now and I think Air Force benefited from Western's goalie having a not so great game.

GO CRIMSON!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by techtodenver View Post
              Best of luck tomorrow, Western is VERY young, the best is yet to come with them but the Lee penalty and the Alisson penalty were typical freshmen mistakes and can't happen in important games. I would expect the experience for Harvard to will them through this game, AF never will quit so it could be a battle but it won't be so easy to possess the puck against Harvard.
              Agree on all counts. Air Force has speed and will make you pay for mistakes. Our experience and leadership should help us but we took some dumb penalties last night as well so we need to be sure not to make those same mistakes tonight. Our goaltending is also much better than Western's at the moment so that could be a factor as well.

Comment

Air Force impressed me last night. I happened to grow up as an Air Force brat so I'd be rooting for them if they weren't playing my Crimson. They're definitely not a big/grinding team a la Providence or Cornell, they try to carry the puck and get you on the forecheck (much like Harvard). But if they want to get into a shootout style game, I think it would play into Harvard's favor because I think our defense and goaltending will come through. It should be a fun game to watch.

Comment

Congrats to Hahvaard for moving on! A win is a win and you don't give them back. They survived the first period and gradually took over but not as dominate as they have this past season. Tip of the helmet to Madsen who was outstanding. The more I see Fox but more I am impressed. I made a comment back then that he appears to be a right-handed young Nick Lidstrom. His poise with the puck is unparalled which lends itself to great decision-making with the puck. If there is a ? mark, can he play in the d zone while after an opponent's rush and extending O zone time? Good Luck Crimson!

Comment

• Originally posted by agarcia View Post
                    Air Force impressed me last night. I happened to grow up as an Air Force brat so I'd be rooting for them if they weren't playing my Crimson. They're definitely not a big/grinding team a la Providence or Cornell, they try to carry the puck and get you on the forecheck (much like Harvard). But if they want to get into a shootout style game, I think it would play into Harvard's favor because I think our defense and goaltending will come through. It should be a fun game to watch.
                    I thought Starrett was awful last night for Air Force..l seen him play better with the Falcons so maybe it was an off night
                    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by agarcia View Post
                      I would agree with you on moxie and grit as WM greatly assisted them last night. AF cashed in on those juicy turnovers. Coming in with great hype, WM looked terrible last night...nervous and rat-ice style. I know they are better than that but in this tourney all it takes is one slip up.

The match up should greatly favor Harvard as they are both relatively smallish teams and not as overly physical, meaning that big opening ice hit or paying the price in front of the net. Harvard has too much skill for AF and has the D that can puck-retrieve and in turn get you cleanly out of the zone and going the other way. I think Kerfoot will have a field day today. Harvard wins this 4-1 easily!

Comment

Originally posted by BIG Green View Post
                        Harvard wins this 4-1 easily!
                        Great...thanks for jinxing us Greenie!

Comment

I'll be there rooting for the Crimsons. It was great catching up with Billy Cleary last night.
                          Originally posted by mookie1995
                          bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                          Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                          Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

So ESPN made us miss the first 10 minutes!
                            Has to be a better way to broadcast this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                              So ESPN made us miss the first 10 minutes!
                              Has to be a better way to broadcast this.
                              not until the sport can get more fans (in seats & otherwise). g'luck tonight & rest of tourney.
                              GO NU HOCKEY
                              Always bullish on the future.
                              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Congrats!

Fifth time in last six years an ECAC team is in the Frozen Four.

Comment

Working...
                                X