Harvard Crimson 2016-2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Harvard Crimson 2016-2017

A name to look out for is John Fusco. Has had a very good summer and is becoming a top prospect. Is a 2001 and is at Dexter with Jack Rathbone. There are strong Harvard blood lines here. Harvard has a lot of D committed, but have to think Harvard is front runner.

Comment

Projected Harvard D lines next year:

1st Pairing - Marino and Sherman (same as last year)
      2nd Pairing - Fox and Olson (same as last year)
      3rd Pairing - Walsh and Dumbrovsky (insert Walsh for Clay Anderson)

Extras - Baughmann, Foley, Azar, Begoon, Aiken

Few teams in the NCAA will be able to throw a blue line like this. Harvard's strength will be on the blue line and in goal and much offense will come via the defense.
      Last edited by bothman; 08-06-2017, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Projected Harvard forward lines next year:

1st Line - Badini - Donato - Zerter Gossage
        2nd Line - Lloyd - Pelton Byce - Krusko
        3rd Line - Gregoire - Perrault - Horton
        4th Line - Kerfoot - Ellis - Floodstrand

Extras - Bowlby, Szeto, Solin, Donato

This team will be very different offensively from last year. I expect the PP to be very, very good given Donato and a multitude of D that can pass and shoot the puck. The 1st line should be very good, but the other lines are more about depth. Be interesting to see what strides some players (Krusko, Pelton Byce) can make in their 2nd years.
        Last edited by bothman; 08-06-2017, 09:37 AM.

Comment

2017-2018 Team Bios are now online:

http://www.gocrimson.com/sports/mice/2017-18/roster

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
            Projected Harvard D lines next year:

1st Pairing - Marino and Sherman (same as last year)
            2nd Pairing - Fox and Olson (same as last year)
            3rd Pairing - Walsh and Dumbrovsky (insert Walsh for Clay Anderson)

Extras - Baughmann, Foley, Azar, Begoon, Aiken

Few teams in the NCAA will be able to throw a blue line like this. Harvard's strength will be on the blue line and in goal and much offense will come via the defense.
            Certainly not in the ECAC given the playoff experience from last season. Hey Nashville parlayed a strong puck moving D into a Stanley Cup finals appearance. This may be the way hockey is trending.

Comment

Projected Harvard forward lines next year:

1st Line - Badini - Donato - Zerter Gossage
              2nd Line - Lloyd - Pelton Byce - Krusko
              3rd Line - Gregoire - Perrault - Horton
              4th Line - Kerfoot - Ellis - Floodstrand

Extras - Bowlby, Szeto, Solin, Donato

This team will be very different offensively from last year. I expect the PP to be very, very good given Donato and a multitude of D that can pass and shoot the puck. The 1st line should be very good, but the other lines are more about depth. Be interesting to see what strides some players (Krusko, Pelton Byce) can make in their 2nd years.
              Unless his dad thinks otherwise, I don't see how you keep Jack Donato out of the lineup. And I don't think Pelton-Byce is ready to be a second line center. He wore down as the season went along and you could tell he needs more seasoning. I think the coaching staff will be experimenting with lines 2, 3 and 4 in the early part of the season. And as Floodstrand came on towards the end of the season, I expect him to make a jump this year as well.

Comment

Quick update from last night's game between the US and Canada. Good news is that Fox has indeed escalated his game and Badini looks like he could be the second coming of Peter Ciavaglia. Big kid who plays a 200 foot game, wins face-offs, goes to the net with a strong wrister. He'll be fun to watch.

Between periods, they interviewed the US Olympic coach Tony Granato. They asked him about Adam Fox and Granato didn't hesitate to say he's in the running for a spot on the team. Granato also added that there will be a tournament in Germany the first week of November that the US team will play in and all players trying out are expected to attend. That means we could be without Ryan Donato and Fox for games against Yale and Brown at B-L. Ouch. Not the way to start the year but whatever...

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
                  Unless his dad thinks otherwise, I don't see how you keep Jack Donato out of the lineup. And I don't think Pelton-Byce is ready to be a second line center. He wore down as the season went along and you could tell he needs more seasoning. I think the coaching staff will be experimenting with lines 2, 3 and 4 in the early part of the season. And as Floodstrand came on towards the end of the season, I expect him to make a jump this year as well.
                  I always thought Jack was a stretch for D1 / Harvard, but a great way to be with the family and get a great education. Perhaps this perspective is incorrect?

Agree on Lines 2-4. What I put forth was my best guess which is really just that.

Comment

I always thought Jack was a stretch for D1 / Harvard, but a great way to be with the family and get a great education. Perhaps this perspective is incorrect?

Agree on Lines 2-4. What I put forth was my best guess which is really just that.
                    I haven't seen him play so I'll take your word for it. And there is always the nepotism factor.

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
                      Certainly not in the ECAC given the playoff experience from last season. Hey Nashville parlayed a strong puck moving D into a Stanley Cup finals appearance. This may be the way hockey is trending.
                      Harvard will have the 2 best players in the ECAC (Fox & Donato), by a considerable margin. Both should be locks for 1st Team ECAC, All Americans, and both will be Hobey hopefuls along with some boys from Denver. The question is whether Harvard will have the depth to go deep. On defense, they do...but Harvard will need a few guys to step up and in such as Badini, Krusko, Pelton Byce, etc)

Comment

• Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
                        Quick update from last night's game between the US and Canada. Good news is that Fox has indeed escalated his game and Badini looks like he could be the second coming of Peter Ciavaglia. Big kid who plays a 200 foot game, wins face-offs, goes to the net with a strong wrister. He'll be fun to watch.

Between periods, they interviewed the US Olympic coach Tony Granato. They asked him about Adam Fox and Granato didn't hesitate to say he's in the running for a spot on the team. Granato also added that there will be a tournament in Germany the first week of November that the US team will play in and all players trying out are expected to attend. That means we could be without Ryan Donato and Fox for games against Yale and Brown at B-L. Ouch. Not the way to start the year but whatever...
                        Yale will be without Coach Allainfor the same tourney.
                        YALE HOCKEY
                        2013 National Champions

Comment

Harvard will have the 2 best players in the ECAC (Fox & Donato), by a considerable margin. Both should be locks for 1st Team ECAC, All Americans, and both will be Hobey hopefuls along with some boys from Denver. The question is whether Harvard will have the depth to go deep. On defense, they do...but Harvard will need a few guys to step up and in such as Badini, Krusko, Pelton Byce, etc)
                          I would make Neil Sheehy of Minnesota the favorite for hobey followed by Donato

Comment

Bothman, I will have to agree with you! And they are on both sides of the puck! Donato individual skill is off the charts while Fox skill is"letting the puck do the work" with right decision. In my mind, Fox is the best but can he play in his own zone? We all know his puck-moving ability and decison-making is off the charts.

Comment

Paul Pearl and Rob Rassey put on a great Crimson combine. Here are some of the top prospects from it:

https://www.sbncollegehockey.com/col...-wallace-elias
                              https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                              Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

• Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
                                Paul Pearl and Rob Rassey put on a great Crimson combine. Here are some of the top prospects from it:

https://www.sbncollegehockey.com/col...-wallace-elias
                                Let's hope some future commits ensue.

Comment

Working...
                                X