Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Harvard Crimson 2016-2017

Re: Harvard Crimson 2016-2017

I am really hoping the new PWR doesn't make anyone overconfident, or worse yet complacent. Union particularly feels like an important one, maybe their toughest opponent until the Beanpot. Do we get online feeds from both of the Albany area schools typically?

The stream offered by RPI is free and very high quality. Last I knew the stream from Union requires payment ($10?) and I do now know about the quality. It's going to be a challenging night for the Dutchmen on Saturday but I am hoping it will be a good one!
    Let's Go Union!!

Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
    It does if you're making a valid argument AND trying to inspire your team. I'm not condoning what Pecknold did, and in this case it didn't work. But I do think at that moment he was trying to rally the troops.
    Rally the troops? It wasn't like you fell behind 5-1. It was only 2-1. He went overboard and it backfired.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson on the Glass View Post
    I am really hoping the new PWR doesn't make anyone overconfident, or worse yet complacent. Union particularly feels like an important one, maybe their toughest opponent until the Beanpot. Do we get online feeds from both of the Albany area schools typically?
    Yeah I saw the new ranking and cringed. Not because I'm unhappy that we've climbed the polls but I don't want the guys getting overly complacent or cocky. We saw what happened when they won the Mariucci last season, then had the meltdown against BU.

Quote Originally Posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
    If I am the Calgary Flames I would do everything in my power to make Adam Fox a one and done.
    He's not ready. And I think Vesey's example of staying all four years will resonate with him. At least I hope so.

The player I'm thinking might jump is Wiley Sherman. The Bruins are in transition and all signs point to Chara being exposed in the NHL expansion draft in June. That combined with McAvoy coming on board next season gets me thinking that the B's will go after Sherman. O'Gara and Lauzon will not be far behind.

Not good for RPI, with the Crimson in town.

http://www.uscho.com/2017/01/13/rens...eam-standards/

Not good for RPI, with the Crimson in town.

http://www.uscho.com/2017/01/13/rens...eam-standards/
    I'm not sure it would have mattered anyways. I'm expecting pain for RPI tonight. Possibly a major beatdown.
    QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013, 2015, 2016

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
    2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016

NCAA Frozen Four
    2013, 2016

http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
    https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog

You knew it was going to happen 🙂

When you are arrogant and don't respect your opponent, that is what u get. Harvard isn't so good where it can win without playing the right way.

Hopefully, a wake up call and hopefully not the beginning of a malaise.

We drop from #2 to #7 or 8 in the rankings. Quite sure the the team got an earful from Donato.

On to Union.

Pairwise problem resolved. I tuned in late - what happened and where was Madsen?

Pairwise problem resolved. I tuned in late - what happened and where was Madsen?
    Was not Madsen, but the team in front of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Skate79 View Post
    He's not ready. And I think Vesey's example of staying all four years will resonate with him. At least I hope so.

The player I'm thinking might jump is Wiley Sherman. The Bruins are in transition and all signs point to Chara being exposed in the NHL expansion draft in June. That combined with McAvoy coming on board next season gets me thinking that the B's will go after Sherman. O'Gara and Lauzon will not be far behind.
    Why would an expansion team take on Chara's salary??? While his salary cap hit is 6.5 Mil; it is on a de-escalating scale and drops to 4 mil next year. Find it hard to believe an expansion team would take a 39 year old player at a 4 million dollar cap hit.
    SLU

Quote Originally Posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
    I'm not sure it would have mattered anyways. I'm expecting pain for RPI tonight. Possibly a major beatdown.
    That was some beatdown. At least Lowell took care of business 5-1 against them two weeks ago and didn't look past the game like Harvard did.
    Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
    Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
    Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

I would expect Harvard to come out extremely focused tonight. Should be a very interesting game.

Quote Originally Posted by bothman View Post
    When you are arrogant and don't respect your opponent, that is what u get. Harvard isn't so good where it can win without playing the right way.

Hopefully, a wake up call and hopefully not the beginning of a malaise.

We drop from #2 to #7 or 8 in the rankings. Quite sure the the team got an earful from Donato.

On to Union.
    This ^^^^ and then some. I got home last night and thought I had read the score the wrong way. How in the world do you get shut out by the worst team in the conference? Cripes, talk about not getting off the bus. They better come out tonight and blast Union. I mean it better be 60 minutes of hell and take no prisoners. Falling in love with your ranking gets you spanked.

I would expect Harvard to come out extremely focused tonight. Should be a very interesting game.
    They better.

hmorganct

119 minutes at 1/2 speed, the last at full. What a weekend.

I think Harvard is fine. I thought they played pretty well at Union. They rung iron 3 times in the 2nd period and ran up against a really good goalie. They could have easily won that game on the road. The RPI game was a disaster.

It will be back to basics. Spacing, transition game, skating the puck in and maintaining puck possession in the opponent's zone, defensive communication, etc.

The January malaise continues though...how many seasons in a row have we seen Harvard enter this swoon in January?

I think Harvard is fine. I thought they played pretty well at Union. They rung iron 3 times in the 2nd period and ran up against a really good goalie. They could have easily won that game on the road. The RPI game was a disaster.

It will be back to basics. Spacing, transition game, skating the puck in and maintaining puck possession in the opponent's zone, defensive communication, etc.

The January malaise continues though...how many seasons in a row have we seen Harvard enter this swoon in January?
    Both, I was thinking the same thing. I'm wondering if it has to do with the new schedule of exams before Christmas and then a month off. Maybe the guys have too much time on their hands and are too unfocused. Something happens to us when the calendar turns and it is now three years running. You can't really blame injuries because I think the team is relatively healthy. Hopefully they right the ship over the next few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Skate79 View Post
    Both, I was thinking the same thing. I'm wondering if it has to do with the new schedule of exams before Christmas and then a month off. Maybe the guys have too much time on their hands and are too unfocused. Something happens to us when the calendar turns and it is now three years running. You can't really blame injuries because I think the team is relatively healthy. Hopefully they right the ship over the next few weeks.
    Yup. Don't know what it is.

Easier said than done, but if Harvard gets back on track and goes 3-0 or 2-0-1 in these next 3 (@dartmouth and then home against brown and Yale), they will be right back where I expect them (top 6 or so).

Harvard also really only has two demanding road games left (Cornell and Yale) so scheduling wise, I think they have some advantages over teams in the ecac that hey are looking up at.

Thread Information