Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Religion Thread: That's Me In the Corner...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Religion Thread: That's Me In the Corner...

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    We don't know this for a fact. I would not be surprised if it turns out that Trump is flat broke and just donor check kiting across the abyss.
    It's likely that he's refusing to release his tax returns because it'll show his income to be much lower than he claims.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      We don't know this for a fact. I would not be surprised if it turns out that Trump is flat broke and just donor check kiting across the abyss.
      Nah, he is going to sue everyone!!1!11!!! and that will plump up his purse

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        It's likely that he's refusing to release his tax returns because it'll show his income to be much lower than he claims.
        That's something that I would not bet against.
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

(Shamelessly stolen from myself in other thread)

Clinton campaign officials really, seriously talked about infiltrating the Catholic Church and attempting to create a "Catholic Spring" uprising?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-evangelicals/

How soon they forget that since the dawn of the current era the most powerful espionage network mankind has known is the Catholic Church. Those with the human intelligence have the inside lane. You really don't want to mess with that organization. The old boys in beanies and red robes like their cushy, soft gig; try to screw that up and they come back at you (with the fervor of a religious zealot). Many have tried to take them down; you can read about all of them and their failures in the history books in the Vatican archives.
          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

Clinton campaign officials really, seriously talked about infiltrating the Catholic Church and attempting to create a "Catholic Spring" uprising?

How soon they forget that since the dawn of the current era the most powerful espionage network mankind has known is the Catholic Church. Those with the human intelligence have the inside lane. You really don't want to mess with that organization. The old boys in beanies and red robes like their cushy, soft gig; try to screw that up and they come back at you (with the fervor of a religious zealot). Many have tried to take them down; you can read about all of them and their failures in the history books in the Vatican archives.
            Or, nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!!
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

Never get involved in a land war in Asia, and never go up against Opus Dei when death is on the line.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The Archbishop of Philadelphia weigh in

http://www.crisismagazine.com/2016/t...ecular-culture
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

It continues to surprise me the way that churches (plural) are handling what is playing out in the political arena. As a non-Catholic in a very Catholic area I have no wish for the Catholic Church to have a say/control/influence on government. I can respect if they say what they believe is correct and explain why I should think this way. I do not like pushing the Church agenda being part of policy. This goes for all of the big churches that are weighing in on what they want to gain in the election. Church and State are separate for a reason. GO to different parts of the country and you get different views on what the right moral stance is.
                  If one Church's beliefs are espoused the other Churches howl foul. What if the majority of an area are Jewish? Muslim? Baptist?

More than that I am distressed that I hear various Church leaders speaking out to tell me that I need to look past the abhorent behavior because the end prize is a person who will forward their Church's beliefs. The other day I heard an Evangelical leader saying people needed to vote Trump because they needed the Supreme court to do what they wanted. He then tried to explain why what we were hearing and seeing wasn't that bad. Bleck. My Christian self wonders what God thinks of this and how on earth people can justify it. If you trust in God to be the final say why would you embrace such horrible behavior (both sides) in an effort to get what you think you should have? Do you not trust God to handle it?

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

Eh. I get the vibe he'd be OK with the system, provided he and the Church leaders were the policy-setting class of "elitists" he laments.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      Eh. I get the vibe he'd be OK with the system, provided he and the Church leaders were the policy-setting class of "elitists" he laments.
                      Hmm... I picked up a different message. I thought he was saying that "the system" itself was the problem, because it constantly demands that each person subsume their own moral authority to do what is right in the eyes of their Deity to a secular state that insists it be in charge of every element of our daily lives, including parenting.

The state is the ultimate authority and arbiter in "the system." it is never wrong, by definition. that is the crux of the problem and challenge we now face: does an individual still have a right to acts of conscience? or is the state always right in every situation?
                      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Kep - you'll enjoy this. I've known part of it (Son #3 is a Liberty U grad. Oh the stories he tells!), but this lays it out in detail.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...origins-107133
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

And goings on at the Church of the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2...oly-sepulchre/
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I'm surprised. It's November and I haven't heard a peep about the supposed "War on Christmas" yet.
                            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                            Patreon for exclusive writing content
                            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

One way or another we'll know soon enough.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The part that makes that claim unbelievable is that she's a teenager saying something. Whatever came next was bound to be a lie.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X