Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Religion Thread: That's Me In the Corner...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Beg pardon? I'm not familiar with that part of the scriptures.
    Though shalt not have other gods before me.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
      I love that they gave the Pope Francis-looking guy a rainbow stole, when he's explicitly said he's not in favor of same-sex marriage.

Comment

• Re: Religion Thread: That's Me In the Corner...

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        So, he was concerned with the true saving graces of his faith.
        Pretty much. As for that "working on Sunday was a sin" comment, at my old church, it wasn't a sin. It was understood that if you needed to work to put food on the table, you do that.

As for my aunt's comments last night: I'm "sinning," I "shouldn't DARE have relations with another man," "godless heathen," "I always knew you were different," and "the only family I have are my kids and grandkids." I chose to be the bigger person and simply not respond to that. Anything coming out of my mouth at that moment would have been something along the lines of "I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
          Pretty much. As for that "working on Sunday was a sin" comment, at my old church, it wasn't a sin. It was understood that if you needed to work to put food on the table, you do that.

As for my aunt's comments last night: I'm "sinning," I "shouldn't DARE have relations with another man," "godless heathen," "I always knew you were different," and "the only family I have are my kids and grandkids." I chose to be the bigger person and simply not respond to that. Anything coming out of my mouth at that moment would have been something along the lines of "I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
          Oh my. The, "no son of ours" nonsense. Sorry, Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            Oh my. The, "no son of ours" nonsense. Sorry, Bob.
            First time I've ever been called "different" as slander.
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
              That's pretty bad but always bear in mind it's her loss. You're a good person and she's the one who's missing out.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                That's pretty bad but always bear in mind it's her loss. You're a good person and she's the one who's missing out.
                I've discovered three camps of believers on this subject:

A: "We love you for who you are."

B: "You made a choice, but your choices don't affect me and I'm not going to lose my **** over that."

C: "You made a choice, and I will completely lose my ****. How dare you be different!"

Comment

@DrKurtMartens: Today in history, July 21, 1773, Clement XIV promulgated "Dominus ac Redemptor" by which he suppressed Societas Iesu. (Jesuits)
                  https://***********/DrKurtMartens/st...796096/photo/1
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Wasn't even that. Dad was particularly angry that he was going to miss wine and cracker time at church since he usually comes and supports.
                    I was going with you weren't home to pamper him, meet his needs because distance running takes time. 30 wacks with a wet noodle for me.

Comment

I've discovered three camps of believers on this subject:

A: "We love you for who you are."

B: "You made a choice, but your choices don't affect me and I'm not going to lose my **** over that."

C: "You made a choice, and I will completely lose my ****. How dare you be different!"
                      I would stick with B for a response to their response. Not in your space but have heard how my Aunties dealt with it. They were partners for 50 yrs. When same sex marriage became legal here one Auntie was all for coming out and making it legal. The other one was not. She was a very pragmatic soul- she felt it was no one's business what she did in the bedroom. Figured it wasn't worth revealing, dealing with possible rejection when her hetero friends didn't talk about what happened there and so she figured she wasn't going to either. They came out in her obit.

Part of me can understand that. I don't spend a lot of time dwelling on what people do with their genitalia in either same sex or hetero relationships- I don't spend much time thinking about what parts are under their clothes either- unless they happen to be hanging out in a precarious way. It would be weird to think of that every time I talked to someone.

Posing a thought to ponder- Could it be possible you are asking these people to think about things that they wouldn't normally consider thinking about in any person, never mind someone who is talking about something that is foreign to them? Most people try to empathize with the person they when they are working on understanding something. (ie- you tell a story about being afraid of going on a roller-coaster and the person imagines doing it and gets that to be 50ft up may be scary). If they are not used to thinking about gender identity or sex in anyone but themselves- or in a fair amount of people even in themselves- this may be very disturbing to them. If they believe in God is vengeful they may feel they are participating/ 'willfully' sinning by trying to envision the sin even if they don't do it. Some people are very, very fearful of what God if they don't try to stay 'pure in heart and mind'. Personally this is not the God I know but I have known people who were afraid to sneeze lest they sin and be sent to Hell!

I kind of feel sorry for these people- I can't imagine God their way and besides- what did Jesus die for if God is still ****ed all the time?

Comment

More funny pranks from a loving, omniscient, and omnipotent God.
                        Cornell University
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

More funny pranks from a loving, omniscient, and omnipotent God.
                          Yeah, this is nothing new. The Beeb just happened to pick up the story this time.

I've driven through Colorado City, on the way to the Grand Canyon. Beautiful setting, for such a squat, miserable-looking little town. If you didn't know any better, you'd guess it was just another remote outpost in the western high desert.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            Yeah, this is nothing new. The Beeb just happened to pick up the story this time.

I've driven through Colorado City, on the way to the Grand Canyon. Beautiful setting, for such a squat, miserable-looking little town. If you didn't know any better, you'd guess it was just another remote outpost in the western high desert.
                            Is that the town right on the CO/AZ border where Warren Jeffs ran his pedophilia church? They should just roll into every one of those cesspools and pull the kids out. They're all ripe for the Waco Treatment.
                            Cornell University

Comment

Is that the town right on the CO/AZ border where Warren Jeffs ran his pedophilia church? They should just roll into every one of those cesspools and pull the kids out. They're all ripe for the Waco Treatment.
                              Yep, that's the one.

Comment

This is a little too on the nose.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X