Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Religion Thread: That's Me In the Corner...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Religion Thread: That's Me In the Corner...

I think you need to slow your roll just a bit.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
      Joshua Feurstein and other Christian snowflakes are demanding a cross reaction on FB to go with the site's temporary Pride reaction.

Comment

As for the people praying for me to be straight and cis: a tree is producing oxygen so they can breathe. I think they owe it an apology.
        Settle down, Bob. Be better than those who would like to excoriate you and take the high road. Be happy with yourself and just let their words fall flat. Don't be a different version of them.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          Settle down, Bob. Be better than those who would like to excoriate you and take the high road. Be happy with yourself and just let their words fall flat. Don't be a different version of them.
          Point taken.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Right now, I'm speaking from frustration. It hurts when people, who I thought accepted me for who I am, are praying for me to be something different.

And in my life, there are reasons I need prayer, but my orientation and identity isn't one of them.
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Right now, I'm speaking from frustration. It hurts when people, who I thought accepted me for who I am, are praying for me to be something different.

And in my life, there are reasons I need prayer, but my orientation and identity isn't one of them.
              Amen, brother. Hope you always have inner peace and find it in your relationships, too.
              If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

There are toxic people sprinkled throughout one's life. Some are on message boards, some are closer than that. Sometimes one needs to just close that door and move on. You are the only person who will ever really look after the quality of your life experiences.

Sh-t, I think I just talked myself out of posting here again.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I have a fair number of muslim in-laws but not much experience with burial traditions. Do problems arise when forensics are required of muslim decedents, particularly if burial is not possible for an extended period of time?

Comment

That stinks. You can chose to frame this in a negative way or chose to think of it that they care about you enough to pray for you. Praying isn't like Burger King where you get to tell God how he should fix someone else. So if they are praying for you God is going to do what he knows you need, not what they want you to need. Who knows- if they re praying it might be like a boomerang where God looks at that prayer and decides to remind them that he doesn't make mistakes and you are just fine the way you are!

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                      I have a fair number of muslim in-laws

DEPORTATION FOR THEM!

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                        I have a fair number of muslim in-laws but not much experience with burial traditions. Do problems arise when forensics are required of muslim decedents, particularly if burial is not possible for an extended period of time?
                        Yes. It's one of the claimed reasons the US dumped Bin Laden's body in a burial-at-sea ritual within three days of killing him.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Church sign: "You Can't Enter Heaven Unless Jesus Enters You."

NO MEANS NO, JESUS!

Comment

Church sign: "You Can't Enter Heaven Unless Jesus Enters You."

NO MEANS NO, JESUS!
                            Like either of us would say no to this.
                            Cornell University
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Joe's side loses its Scalia.
                              Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                Raymond Cardinal Burke would be closer, IMO.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X