Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Religion Thread: That's Me In the Corner...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Religion Thread: That's Me In the Corner...

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    Thank you, religion, for endorsing child rape and protecting the rapists via deluding the victims' parents into consenting to forced child-marriage. Oh, and for allowing elected officials an excuse for blocking legislation to outlaw this very practice.
    I'm speechless. 27 states allow this BS? Kristie Kreme vetoed a law to prevent it in NJ? What gives fattie, is the mob marrying them off at 10?

Comment

Denmark repeals 334-year old blasphemy law

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-blasphemy-law

As a result, someone who burned a copy of the Koran will go free.

I also get the feeling Fundies in this country would love a similar law, but there's that whole pesky First Amendment.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
        I also get the feeling Fundies in this country would love a similar law, but there's that whole pesky First Amendment.
        The nutbars would repeal the 1st Amendment in a heartbeat if they could.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Denmark repeals 334-year old blasphemy law

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-blasphemy-law

As a result, someone who burned a copy of the Koran will go free.
          Normally, I'd applaud Denmark for being a leader in the civilized world, but such a crime needs to be punished for its hateful undertones. Terrible for such a great nation to allow this kind of hateful BS>
          1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2018

Boston College Hockey: It's just that we're better than you.

B Who? Oh, you mean "Sux 2 B.U."

Comment

• Originally posted by TimP View Post
            Normally, I'd applaud Denmark for being a leader in the civilized world, but such a crime needs to be punished for its hateful undertones. Terrible for such a great nation to allow this kind of hateful BS>
            Then you are as un-American as ISIS. "I am the Lord, thy God. Thou shalt have no other gods before me," is blasphemy to a Muslim. See you in prison!
            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
              "I am the Lord, thy God. Thou shalt have no other gods before me," is blasphemy to a Muslim.
              No it isn't. It's the same dumb god.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                No it isn't. It's the same dumb god.
                Fine, fine. It's blasphemy to some nutso monotheist out there somewhere.
                If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                  Fine, fine. It's blasphemy to some nutso monotheist out there somewhere.
                  "People who cling to an old, angry father in the sky to keep them from killing and raping also have problems with cultural relativity."

Alert the media.
                  Cornell University

Comment

Joshua Feurstein (spelling?) has lost his sh-t again, this time over McDonald's displaying a rainbow on their fry boxes. This is the same "Christian" who lost his sh-t over Starbucks red Christmas cup.

So in his mind... "poverty, homelessness, hunger, visiting the sick and those in prison? Nah man, forget about that. I'm ****ed off that McDonald's has a rainbow on their fry boxes!"
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

These douche canoes again...

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        I know a few people who believe this for real. Kind of scary. They are actually educated. Just deluded

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          Hard to understand where such idiocy comes from, isn't it? Give em a little strip mall to march around until they grow hoarse or tired. Celebrate it as an example of how we are allowed to express almost any thought in this country, no matter how senseless or offensive.

Comment

ACT! For America was met with counter-protesters. In Chicago, the counter protest outnumbered ACT.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...610-story.html

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                              Wrong church! Our church doesn't blink an eye to sexuality. The last music director was gay and the one we just hired (the guy went to Calif. to go to school) is a partnered lesbian. SOmeone on the Council is also partnered. No one has commented on any of this, no one feels the need. Christians live here.

My Auntie's church had an out gay Pastor until he went to Harvard for some secondary degree and he now heads one of the largest Lutheran Churches in the State. He is an amazing Pastor! Her church was the starting seed to a huge group for LGBTQ folk who are older. My Auntie- 83- is one of the leaders
                              And other than the rare "I'll pray for you," most Christian friends of mine are recommending outfits and willing to help with makeup tutorials.

Comment

And other than the rare "I'll pray for you," most Christian friends of mine are recommending outfits and willing to help with makeup tutorials.
                                I don't quite understand why the Catholic Church has refused to come around on gay rights, given its long history of protecting priest-on-boy criminal rights.
                                You'd think the Catholic women priests would speak up.

Comment

Working...
                                X