Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Women's Hockey on TV

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    Listen man there's no need to be an a-hole, not all grasshoppers are drunks, srsly...
    Grasshoppers being extremely gregarious creatures, I had assumed he was just a social drinker.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
      I'm not sure why you have a problem with what I posted?

It's a problem when anyone becomes the self-appointed authority on when people can and cannot joke. I've seen times where people respond to your jokes with more subtle humor, and suddenly your sense of humor deserts you and you get hyper sensitive. Forums work best when everyone lightens up a bit.
      I apologize. I admit I miss your dry sense of humor & I was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
        It's a problem when anyone becomes the self-appointed authority on when people can and cannot joke. I've seen times where people respond to your jokes with more subtle humor, and suddenly your sense of humor deserts you and you get hyper sensitive. Forums work best when everyone lightens up a bit.
        PERFECTLY done subtle humor!
        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Regarding humor & sports talk: There is a difference between a comment made purely in jest, and using humor as a tactic in an argument.

Nothing wrong with the latter. In fact, it's clearly preferable to being dead serious 24/7. But it's not "just a joke."

Example: A sports buddy of mine (not an USCHO poster) does this all the time. He's very opinionated, and constantly tries to force his views on anyone willing to listen. But when someone challenges one of his comments, he becomes defensive and says he was just joking. Trouble is, it's not true. He's very committed to his opinions, and is offended when someone disagrees. For him, "just joking" is nothing more than a conversational ploy.

While my buddy is more transparent than most, my feeling is that this style of sports talk is pretty common.

FWIW.

Comment

It looks like BC/Minny outdid Quinnipiac/UND as well.

Does "over the air" really make a difference anymore? I live in an area where even 35 years ago we couldn't get anything over the air without an antenna about 20 feet tall, so cable has been the thing for a long time. I didn't think there were still places out there that did over the air.
            Clarkson Golden Knights Men
            10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
            5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
            21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
            ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
            ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018, 2019
            12 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2024
            National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

Originally posted by FireKnight View Post
              It looks like BC/Minny outdid Quinnipiac/UND as well.

Does "over the air" really make a difference anymore? I live in an area where even 35 years ago we couldn't get anything over the air without an antenna about 20 feet tall, so cable has been the thing for a long time. I didn't think there were still places out there that did over the air.
              I think it totally matters. I have relatives ages 50-25 who have ditched cable tv altogether in favor of just antennas. These cable TV bills are just out of control (then add in the smart phone bill). I have considered it as well, but the nitch sports I like (college hockey, F1 racing, Indycar racing, curling) are all cable tv only broadcasted. Conversely, I watch no broadcast channels at all other than PBS.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

According to something in an article I'm too lazy to find at the moment, 80% of all TVs carry ESPN.
                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

"The most-watched college hockey game this year wasn’t a men’s game. The tape-delay broadcast of the women’s Frozen Four final between the Gophers and Boston College attracted 651,000 viewers on CBS."

http://www.startribune.com/frozen-fo...pn2/375466641/
                  Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                    "The most-watched college hockey game this year wasn’t a men’s game. The tape-delay broadcast of the women’s Frozen Four final between the Gophers and Boston College attracted 651,000 viewers on CBS."

http://www.startribune.com/frozen-fo...pn2/375466641/
                    and there you have it

if women's hockey want a fast route to popularity, hold the FF final on Easter Sunday

no? then like the men, wait a couple decades for the glacial growth and still be a second rate sport to hoops

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
                      and there you have it

if women's hockey want a fast route to popularity, hold the FF final on Easter Sunday

no? then like the men, wait a couple decades for the glacial growth and still be a second rate sport to hoops
                      Some people find joy in turning a positive into a negative. Glass is never full.
                      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
                        and there you have it

I don't think Easter matters as much as it was not on cable. You increase your potential viewership pool by 15 to 20%.
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Working...
                        X