Women's Hockey on TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Women's Hockey on TV

The men's Frozen Four is even on up here (on TSN2 with a feed from ESPN).

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
      The men's Frozen Four is even on up here (on TSN2 with a feed from ESPN).
      Well, it is two Canadian teams playing
      And it is like the "Stars of the Future" all star type of game

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
        Well, it is two Canadian teams playing
        Actually UND had more players from Minnesota (9) than Canada (7) on its roster. And three of those Minnesota players had goals tonight in their 5-1 win.
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
          Actually UND had more players from Minnesota (9) than Canada (7) on its roster. And three of those Minnesota players had goals tonight in their 5-1 win.
          But you could toss a hockey puck into Canada from GF!

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
            Actually UND had more players from Minnesota (9) than Canada (7) on its roster.
            But you could toss a hockey puck into Canada from GF!
            To D2D's point, it would be a lot shorter throw from GF to Minnesota than Manitoba.
            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
              To D2D's point, it would be a lot shorter throw from GF to Minnesota than Manitoba.
              I do love the way folks around here get jokes! I even put a smiley face on it, is there something else I need to do?

Comment

I do love the way folks around here get jokes! I even put a smiley face on it, is there something else I need to do?
                You have to actually type in bold font "THIS WAS A JOKE."

Trust me, I know from experience.
                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Perhaps a 'winkie face' would have provided a better clue that your comment should not be taken too seriously?
                  Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post

There are those that don't get it a joke, but more sadly, there are also some that CANNOT TAKE A JOKE.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                      it's a 2 and a half hour drive to Winnipeg, unless like me you are always brought in for further questioning by the protectors of Canada
                      you'd think with a dollar worth 3/4 ours they'd want white guys driving fancy vehicles with expensive watercraft coming into their country
                      but I guess they've been watching the news too much and are concerned my NRA sticker means I'm bringing evil handguns across the border

BTW, there have been a couple posts to vids of what a couple people are claiming is the hockey town
                      as every MN hockey player and fan knows, there is only one real Hockeytown USA
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06SahcgU-Ig
                      appropiate given their tie to UND & GF

"we're 6 miles from Canada ... so we're not close to anything"
                      Last edited by pokechecker; 04-10-2016, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
                        it's a 2 hour drive to Winnipeg
                        Fixed your post.

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
                          There are those that don't get it a joke, but more sadly, there are also some that CANNOT TAKE A JOKE.
                          OK, (but before this potentially gets out of hand), maybe we should test out the theory.

A grasshopper walks into a bar.

The bartender notices him and says "Hey, we've got a drink here named after you!"

The grasshopper replies "Really? You've got a drink here named Steve?"

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                            OK, (but before this potentially gets out of hand), maybe we should test out the theory.

A grasshopper walks into a bar.

The bartender notices him and says "Hey, we've got a drink here named after you!"

The grasshopper replies "Really? You've got a drink here named Steve?"
                            Listen man there's no need to be an a-hole, not all grasshoppers are drunks, srsly...
                            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
                              Timing can often be a key as well. If nothing else compelling is on can lead to more viewers sticking.
                              The fact that it was on broadcast tv, not cable, and on a day where there was very little else on for compelling tv at that time is completely responsible for it's good ratings. Having 2 bigger name schools didn't hurt, but I also don't think it would have made all that much difference.

I posted some of this the day after the broadcast in the Frozen Four Not Televised thread, but I looked at ratings in the Milwaukee market, and the broadcast got a 1 rating and a 3 share - which means it had an average of 9,000 viewers over the course of 2 hours. It actually was the most watched thing on TV for the first hour of the broadcast, when it had a 1.3 rating and 4 share, but it was also going up against the definition of nothing, where some of the other most watched shows included reruns of Numbers, the Monkees, Gilligans Island, and the movie When in Rome. In the second hour the numbers dropped to 0.8/2, which is also when NBC started showing Golf - which drew a 1.6/5 in that hour.

In other words, Women's Hockey did perfectly well as filler programing, but that's all it was. But any exposure is good exposure, so hopefully CBS will continue showing it, even if only on tape delay.

Comment

I'm not sure why you have a problem with what I posted?

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post

It's a problem when anyone becomes the self-appointed authority on when people can and cannot joke. I've seen times where people respond to your jokes with more subtle humor, and suddenly your sense of humor deserts you and you get hyper sensitive. Forums work best when everyone lightens up a bit.
                                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Working...
                                X