This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    Saw some sociology thing once that said the tighter quarters in a population the more rules and etiquette there are.

Good morning Lodge!
    That's not true in my building. Heh.

Getting a cut and color today. Then heading up to my parents' place. It's my dad's birthday today. We're going to dinner around 4-ish. Athenian Corner. Les - have you ever been?

Tomorrow is Palm Sunday so we're going to church. Then I need to drop my car at the dealership for new tires and to fix my exhaust. Then off to the airport. Heading to NYC. Two office visits and then on Wednesday its the big 100 Days to Rio thing in Times Square. Woo.

Comment

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge #184: The 2016 Frozen Four

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

Getting a cut and color today. Then heading up to my parents' place. It's my dad's birthday today. We're going to dinner around 4-ish. Athenian Corner. Les - have you ever been?

Tomorrow is Palm Sunday so we're going to church. Then I need to drop my car at the dealership for new tires and to fix my exhaust. Then off to the airport. Heading to NYC. Two office visits and then on Wednesday its the big 100 Days to Rio thing in Times Square. Woo.
      There are rules in my building, and they are followed. As for etiquette, I wouldn't know. I think I've seen a dozen other residents in the hallways/elevator in my 10 years of being here.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Good Afternoon Lodge.

Mrs saw an obit today for the dad of a kid Jr was tight with through elementary school and somewhat into middle school. They moved away about the time Jr changed schools. They moved to an exurb (Northfield) where the dad worked for a college. He commuted until the older daughters were out of high school and the son was out of middle school. We have not been in touch since. Now we get to go to the viewing tomorrow. He was a good guy and nice family. We think he had heart issues when we knew them.

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
          The only Japanese word we needed to know when visiting was sumimasen.

Can mean excuse me, or sorry. Plus that version of sorry is used instead of thank you in a lot of occasions.

Gomensai is really only for a person you have a close relationship with.
          sumimasen. wakarimasen.
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
            Good Afternoon Lodge.

Mrs saw an obit today for the dad of a kid Jr was tight with through elementary school and somewhat into middle school. They moved away about the time Jr changed schools. They moved to an exurb (Northfield) where the dad worked for a college. He commuted until the older daughters were out of high school and the son was out of middle school. We have not been in touch since. Now we get to go to the viewing tomorrow. He was a good guy and nice family. We think he had heart issues when we knew them.
            Sorry for your loss, goldy.

Was it the good college up on the hill where they're closer to God, or the the one with the heathens closer to town?
            I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

Yum!! I went out with a Greek guy when I was in undergrad for awhile. We went there a fair bit. Haven't been in years. It was sooooo good!

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                Yum!! I went out with a Greek guy when I was in undergrad for awhile. We went there a fair bit. Haven't been in years. It was sooooo good!
                Ummmmmmmm
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  Ummmmmmmm
                  Taken out of context, this is the best Lodge double entendre in months.

Comment

Spent the day travelling around SE MN (well, that general direction from the Twin Cities). Hit up Coates, then Hastings, then Miesville, then Red Wing. Had burgers in Coates/Miesville to settle a debate about the better burger (Miesville won, easily).

As Armadillo and I pulled into Red Wing, the following happened, and it was just one of those things that had us in stitches of laughter afterwards:

Tossed up the devil-horn hand-sign and rocked out to Juice Newton's "Angel In The Morning" at full blast, windows down, while cruising a main drag in Red Wing.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

yawn!
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        Spent the day travelling around SE MN (well, that general direction from the Twin Cities). Hit up Coates, then Hastings, then Miesville, then Red Wing. Had burgers in Coates/Miesville to settle a debate about the better burger (Miesville won, easily).

As Armadillo and I pulled into Red Wing, the following happened, and it was just one of those things that had us in stitches of laughter afterwards:

Tossed up the devil-horn hand-sign and rocked out to Juice Newton's "Angel In The Morning" at full blast, windows down, while cruising a main drag in Red Wing.
                        Found the clip I was looking for. This is pretty much how it went down, the general spirit of the moment and all (video, SFW): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4POs7jqPEmY

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          Found the clip I was looking for. This is pretty much how it went down, the general spirit of the moment and all (video, SFW): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4POs7jqPEmY
                          Reminds me of when I pulled into the jazz fest at UW-Eau Claire in a Minnesota State Mankato van with Huey Lewis and the News cranked all the way to 11. The looks we got, wow. "Oh Jesus. Someone invited Mankato."

We actually kicked arse. One of two groups selected to play the late show, and our quartet won the whole darn thing.

Moral? Don't think people can't play just because they were belting "Back in Time" on their car stereo.
                          Last edited by state of hockey; 04-24-2016, 02:20 AM.
                          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Good Morning Lodge!

Sunday. Day of rest except I have a million things I want to do to catch up

Comment

Good Morning, Lodge!

Mr is a classically trained musician, metal head, and grew up in hickville (meth side - Benton County) of central MN. He was going to school one day in his beat up pick-up, wearing a Black Sabbath shirt, and blasting a Mahler symphony. His former teacher still reminds him of that.
                              Originally posted by Skeeterman
                              Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                              "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Hi Lodge. Forgot in all my dad's birthday stuff that it was also my brother and sister-in-law's name day, which made me realize I needed to come here to wish a Happy Name Day to goldy! Yesterday was the the feast day of Saint George.

Off to church for Palm Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                                X