X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge #184: The 2016 Frozen Four

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
    I think it's actually Bondage and Discipline.
    What do I know? I am the "quiet, shy, unassuming type".
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
      Going to a BD party on Sunday. Kid is 8. Mother said he is all into Minecraft and there are toys that have this theme. Know nothing about it. Need something not too expensive. Anyone have a suggestion? He has the strategy books
      I think they actually have Minecraft toys - like $10 dolls and such. Just stop by the toy department at your local Target, Wal-Mart, etc..
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

It's my Friday and won't be back in the office until Wednesday. That's a good thing. I have a charity hockey tournament to play this weekend, meaning four games in three games. That's a painful thing.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Made it to the office 45 minutes later than I normally do commuting from 5 miles away. When I got to the airport so early, I noticed there was a 7am. I was thinking of trying to fly standby, but decided against it as I had checked luggage and didn't want to have to wait for it at Logan. So what happens? My luggage actually made it on the earlier flight.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            It's my Friday and won't be back in the office until Wednesday. That's a good thing. I have a charity hockey tournament to play this weekend, meaning four games in three games. That's a painful thing.
            Two more days to recover?

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
              Two more days to recover?
              Yes, in part. The other part is that I just don't want to be in the office.

Comment

Without video games, I wouldn't have met my wife. So I ain't knockin em!
                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

So, in honor of yesterday being 100 Days Out till the Olympics, plus the fact that we've decided to stop using Styrofoam cups in our cafeterias for free coffee as part of our sustainability program, we are providing all employees with a reusable plastic coffee cup. It looks like a Starbucks cup The goal was to have them all distributed by yesterday but given the immense number of offices and the lateness of us getting final artwork to the vendor, there has been a bit of a delay. That being said, the vendor is actually ahead of schedule, which is awesome. We sent out a notice to all the Office Operations Managers last week explaining what they will be getting and when, and to place on employee desks as of the 27th. I've been getting emails the past two days "I'm short x-amount!" and so on. For each office location number, I received a number of employees plus contractors and then I upped the amount by 5%. You're not short by that amount. The issue has been, for the most part, that some locations have more than one office code. One of the shipments may have been sent out one or two days later than the main one. The communication to the office managers said the distribution would be a rolling one and that all locations should receive by May 6th. Which no one has read.

Then, yesterday, while I'm in Times Square with very little access to email, I get notification that there is chatter on our internal social media platform about whether or not the cup is PBA free (which it is) and the code/number thing to determine if it's recyclable or whatever. Seriously people - it's a stupid free cup. If you're going to be all worried about that - don't use it. /end rant

Comment

My company stopped provide the Styrofoam cups a few years ago for the break room coffee. They sent out an email that they would replace them with more eco-friendly paper cups that had little handles, and then decided not to provide those cups and made anyone who wanted coffee to supply their own mugs. The problem was that they never told anybody about that last change, so we had a lot of unhappy and tired employees in the office that day.

Comment

*checks forecast*

Twitch is gettin' angry!
                      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                        *checks forecast*

Twitch is gettin' angry!
                        Sun and 90ish down here in Florida...

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                          Sun and 90ish down here in Florida...
                          By the way... Thanks for the superb weather during F4. It was perfect.
                          I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                            So, in honor of yesterday being 100 Days Out till the Olympics, plus the fact that we've decided to stop using Styrofoam cups in our cafeterias for free coffee as part of our sustainability program, we are providing all employees with a reusable plastic coffee cup. It looks like a Starbucks cup The goal was to have them all distributed by yesterday but given the immense number of offices and the lateness of us getting final artwork to the vendor, there has been a bit of a delay. That being said, the vendor is actually ahead of schedule, which is awesome. We sent out a notice to all the Office Operations Managers last week explaining what they will be getting and when, and to place on employee desks as of the 27th. I've been getting emails the past two days "I'm short x-amount!" and so on. For each office location number, I received a number of employees plus contractors and then I upped the amount by 5%. You're not short by that amount. The issue has been, for the most part, that some locations have more than one office code. One of the shipments may have been sent out one or two days later than the main one. The communication to the office managers said the distribution would be a rolling one and that all locations should receive by May 6th. Which no one has read.

Then, yesterday, while I'm in Times Square with very little access to email, I get notification that there is chatter on our internal social media platform about whether or not the cup is PBA free (which it is) and the code/number thing to determine if it's recyclable or whatever. Seriously people - it's a stupid free cup. If you're going to be all worried about that - don't use it. /end rant
                            Is it vegan friendly?

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                            And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                            Twenty red lights in his honor
                            Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

• Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                              Is it vegan friendly?
                              Bite me.

ETA: I will say, it's been good to see other people who are also included in this program reacting the same as me. I swear, one guy I talked to today I feel like I could hear his eyes rolling back when he was telling me about a call he had with one of the offices.

Comment

• Originally posted by melmac View Post
                                By the way... Thanks for the superb weather during F4. It was perfect.
                                It really was perfect weather during that stretch.

Extended forecast appears to show summer beginning. Mid 80's to low 90's...

Comment

Working...
                                X