X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge #184: The 2016 Frozen Four

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    *Slides drink over to Mark*

Great season by your squad. They'll be back.
    Thanks... *clink*
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2023 National Champions
    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
    Northeast Regional:
    West Regional: 2015, 2021
    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good morning, Lodge!
      There are approximately 179 days until the start of the college hockey season.

(based on a Fri 07 Oct start)
      Still anticipating the all-CCHA Frozen Four

Comment

• Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine View Post
        Good morning, Lodge!
        There are approximately 179 days until the start of the college hockey season.

(based on a Fri 07 Oct start)
        Is it October yet?
        Quinnipiac Bobcats
        2023 National Champions
        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
        Northeast Regional:

Comment

Good Morning, Lodge!
          Originally posted by Skeeterman
          Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
          "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Couch. Masters. That is all.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
              Looks like I'll be doing some traveling to Detroit in the next 2 weeks. Wings and Bolts playoffs again, I'm spoiled.
              You had better bring us some of that Florida sunshine with you, or else I cannot vouch for your safety. Got about 6 inches of snow here yesterday, and then a few miles away just towards Saline they just got a dusting.
              bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                You had better bring us some of that Florida sunshine with you, or else I cannot vouch for your safety. Got about 6 inches of snow here yesterday, and then a few miles away just towards Saline they just got a dusting.
                Denver "300 Days Of Sunshine" Colorado has a computer model that shows 3 feet of snow for next weekend.
                Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  Couch. Masters. That is all.
                  Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                  And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                  Twenty red lights in his honor
                  Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Greetings Lodge. Here in San Diego - got here a few hour ago. Left the hotel in Tampa about 5am. Got to Phoenix "30 minutes ahead of our scheduled arrival time!!!!"said the pilot. And then we proceeded to wait close to 40 minutes till our gate opened up. I was actually afraid I was going to miss my connection. Thankfully I was sitting in the 8th row so I got off the plane pretty quickly.

Boarded the flight in Phoenix, taxied out to the runway, pilot comes on to tell us we're 18th in line for take off. It's raining. In Phoenix. So, we wait for about 20 minutes more, the pilot comes back on to tell us the winds have shifted so we now have to loop back around so we can take off towards the west instead of the east, or whatever. We were on the tarmac longer than we were in the air. Thankfully no screaming babies.

Front Desk Guy came through with a corner room over looking the harbor, and a balcony! Which only a few rooms per floor have. I think it's because he asked if I would be OK with a room with two doubles instead of a king and I said "I'm so tired right now I'd be OK with bunk beds!" We have a work meeting at 3:30. Thankfully it's in this hotel so I don't have to go far. Not going out tonight.

Wanted to offer up my congrats to all the Sioux fans here in the Lodge. Good to see MNS! What a display of hockey last night. And Mark - you guys had a great run this year. You just ran into a bulldozer of sorts. Taking a little enjoyment as one of the VERY FEW teams that beat you this season!! Too bad you weren't able to make it down. Tampa really does a nice job with this event and I hope to see it back there soon.

Also good to see wT - sorry I missed mel!! Was there a planned meet and greet last night? My friends I was with told me there was but I saw no mention of it. Apologies for missing those of you that were there.

Is it October yet???

Comment

At the airport drinking a shock top and waiting to go to bed on the plane (direct to MHT leaving at 935).

Had an interesting day today. Get up and drive 2.25 hours to Naples to play the 3rd ranked course in the state behind Seminole and sawgrass. When Mookie gets there the guy Mookie was supposed to play with is a no show. Seems this guy went over LAST Sunday and waited while his guest didn't show!!!!
                      Mookie is dying from possible embarrassment (this is a major faux pas) and checks his phone for the email history and sees that Mookie DID have the right dates down (so not technically his fault) but still not a pleasant situation.
                      So now Mookie and the club are calling/txt/email member to see if he is coming. This is NOT a place that lets unaccompanied play. Mookie feels like crap and is there for 45 minutes when he says "well, Mookie will pull the cord here. Thanks guys for all your help trying to sort this out...."
                      When the head pro leads Mookie outside and a guy is picking up mookie's bag he is expecting to get led off the property
                      INSTEAD he is walking to the range and they tell Mookie they have him going out with a man and his son who will take Mookie around

Couldn't have been any better. Outstanding day. Great guys and great company.

Now Mookie will get to sleep in 70 minutes until he lands in MHT close to 1a
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Airport today. Get dropped off. The car in fron of us disgorges 2 very disgruntled toddlers. Wailing. I look for Scarlet.
                        No external bag check. get in baggage line. Screaming baby. (not same one) Parents making no effort to soothe. I look for scarlet.
                        At gate- another screaming infant. Don't bother to look for Scarlet. I realize I am holding the screaming baby torch on my own. SIgh.
                        Announcement made they have changed the gate. New Screaming baby.
                        Get on flight. Screaming MAD toddler being held by father who appears not only to have no idea how to distract or soothe infant but no interest in doing so. Thru 4 h flight periodically pokes head over seat and screams blue blazes.
                        Connecting flight- little toddler who thinks it is cool to drop the tray on the back of seat. repeatedly. Again and again. Partent sits there for most of 25 min flight saying no but not stopping it. At end kid screams because he didn't want to get off the plane.

Most babies in one trip ever. Scarlet I must have been channeling you. I felt you for sure were lurking somewhere close to me.

After hearing all the Scarlet Baby stories I couldn't even get aggravated. It kept getting funnier.

Good night all!

Comment

Well, off to Detroit next Sun-Weds. Got a sweet deal on hotel though, and it's right by the rink (Crowne Plaza).

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                            Well, off to Detroit next Sun-Weds. Got a sweet deal on hotel though, and it's right by the rink (Crowne Plaza).
                            Assuming work doesn't interfere, I'm looking at going on the 19th. Figure it might be Pavs' last game as a Wing.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              Assuming work doesn't interfere, I'm looking at going on the 19th. Figure it might be Pavs' last game as a Wing.
                              Yep, as if I needed an excuse to go to every game this series

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                                2023 National Champions
                                Northeast Regional:

Comment

Working...
                                X