2016-2017 Commitments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2016-2017 Commitments

New one for Brockport- Stats page has him listed but the article says a defensmen.

Connor Hutchins D 6'0" 185lbs (55 GP 8 G 6 A 14 PTS) Brookings Blizzard (NAHL)

Comment

Commit list, assembled by Matthew Webb, from D3 hockey..
      http://www.d3hockey.com/commitments/2016/menu
      SNC Men:
      Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
      NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
      SNC Women:
      O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by pete99race View Post
        Commit list, assembled by Matthew Webb, from D3 hockey..
        http://www.d3hockey.com/commitments/2016/menu
        Lots of new recruits on this list that I hadn't seen anywhere else.

Looks like a good recruiting year for the SUNYAC with Cortland, Brockport, and Buff St putting together some good looking classes as well as the usual suspects.

Comment

I know D3 hockey added some that I missed but saw this today and it is a big one for Oswego

Charlie Pelnik D 6’5” 187lbs (32GP 0 G 6 A 6 Pts) Connecticut Oilers

I don't mean big because of his size but he was a first round pick in the USHL draft and at 15 verbally committed to North Dakota

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sport...mmitment_N.htm

Comment

Originally posted by dmac1103 View Post
            I know D3 hockey added some that I missed but saw this today and it is a big one for Oswego

I don't mean big because of his size but he was a first round pick in the USHL draft and at 15 verbally committed to North Dakota

looks like he couldn't cut it in the USPHL 5 years later though...will be one of the more interesting commits to watch next year for sure

Comment

yes big ink on this kid,North Dakotoa USHL 1 rounder,OHL,for the most part probably because 6' 5 215 lbs....played in USHL BCHL etc should be an interesting project.

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                yes big ink on this kid,North Dakotoa USHL 1 rounder,OHL,for the most part probably because 6' 5 215 lbs....played in USHL BCHL etc should be an interesting project.
                It could be because of his size, watched highlights on Youtube and looks like a good skater like they have said. When he was younger they (The Hockey News) compared him to a young Chris Pronger. Here is his draft scouting report from the OHL.

2011 OHL Draft Scouting Report: a great combination of size skill and grit, good team player who is fearless & is willing to stick up for his teammates, plays a solid defensive game with good positioning and gap control, likes the physical game, makes things miserable for opposing forwards, tough to play against in the corners & in front of his net, good skater for his size with quick acceleration & good mobility, makes good first pass clearing out of the zone, needs to work on his puck handling and can be undisciplined at times....drafted by Fargo of the USHL...committed to North Dakota....rated as a mid to late first rounder but will most likely drop.
                The article I read where he decommitted from North Dakota the author said his development just sort of stopped while in JR's which is why he went to the BCHL.

Comment

Wow. Maybe didn't get through clearinghouse either?

That's a big get.
                  The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                  "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                  GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

It could be because of his size, watched highlights on Youtube and looks like a good skater like they have said. When he was younger they (The Hockey News) compared him to a young Chris Pronger. Here is his draft scouting report from the OHL.

2011 OHL Draft Scouting Report: a great combination of size skill and grit, good team player who is fearless & is willing to stick up for his teammates, plays a solid defensive game with good positioning and gap control, likes the physical game, makes things miserable for opposing forwards, tough to play against in the corners & in front of his net, good skater for his size with quick acceleration & good mobility, makes good first pass clearing out of the zone, needs to work on his puck handling and can be undisciplined at times....drafted by Fargo of the USHL...committed to North Dakota....rated as a mid to late first rounder but will most likely drop.
                    The article I read where he decommitted from North Dakota the author said his development just sort of stopped while in JR's which is why he went to the BCHL.
                    did look pretty moblie on those clips,and has a nasty streak as well,looked to have sveral fight....coach in EHL said he was very tough in front of the net and makes it very hard on the forwards.....Like I said fun project to watch,speed will be the big thing with the big guys....That would make 3 guys who are 6'5" on the team.........ehl team had him at 6'5" 215 lbs
                    Last edited by bakdraft21; 05-26-2016, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Sad that there are no goalies on the Elmira list, that's where their biggest weakness was last year.
                      Elmira College (2006 ECAC-W Champions. 2006,2008 Final Four Semi-Finalist)
                      Guelph Storm (2004 OHL Champions)
                      Die Hard Leafs Fan (Still Waiting )

http://community.webshots.com/user/jpconnor55

Comment

Originally posted by jconnor View Post
                        Sad that there are no goalies on the Elmira list, that's where their biggest weakness was last year.
                        Looks like their freshman who had the best numbers last year has turned pro too, must be a goalie commit coming at some point this summer.

Comment

F Spencer MacLean Elliot Lake Wildcats (NOJHL) 6'5", 209 Kleinburg, Ont. 61gp, (33-51-84), 31pim

D Spencer Carter Hartford Jr. Wolfpack (EHL) 5'11", 190 Spencer, Iowa 42gp, (1-21-22), 30pim

F Matthew Cuce Springfield Jr. Pics (USPHL-P) 5'9", 161 Colchester, Vt. 44gp, (10-24-34), 42pim

F Tanner Bowditch Iriquois Falls Eskimos (NOJHL) 5'9", 183 Uxbridge, Ont. 55gp, (16-27-34), 30pim

F Kevin Dimagno Burlington Cougars (OJHL) 6'1", 194 Fairport, N.Y. 66gp, (20-27-47), 30pim

F Cameron Mack Connecticut Nighthawks (EHL) 5'8", 154 Long Beach, Calif. 41gp, (16-13-29), 55pim

F Tim Thurnau Walpole Express (EHL) 6'1", 190 West Chester. Ohio 45gp, (15-15-30), 16pim

D Harry Kramer Connecticut Jr. Rangers (USPHL-P) 6'2", 170 Wexford, Pa. 47gp, (2-5-7), 12pim

F Nick Ford Brookings Blizzard (NAHL) 6'0", 185 Chicago, Ill. 63gp, (14-29-43), 61pim Link

F Devin Fullum Bradford Rattlers (GMHL) 5'6", 146 Thunder Bay, Ont. 41gp, (36-42-78), 45pim

F Christoffer Jakobsson New Jersey Titans (MetJHL) 5'9", 181 Halmstad, Sweden 40gp, (50-40-90), 44pim

F Patrick Schmelzinger Nipawin Hawks (SJHL) 5'6", 161 Jamestown, N.Y. 22gp, (4-3-7), 2pim

I like what I see so far for Elmira.
                          The Titanic only had one Captain..........
                          "You're holding your mouth wrong." Jim Cole
                          "Don't take any wooden nickels." Ray Rouse
                          9 Time World Champion Boston Red Sox ('03,'12,'15,'16,'18,2004, '07, '13, '18)

Comment

The fight for quality Hockey players for D3 programs has manifested in private schools basically manipulating the system. We were always told that D3 did not permit giving money to their athletes. Call it what you want but private schools are doing just that. Many are giving Canadian players the dollar differential from the Canadian dollar to the US dollar. It is a disgrace that the NCAA looks the other way, but slams many D1 programs for violations . I don't suppose the NCAA will change , but this needs to be addressed

Comment

Originally posted by lakont55 View Post
                              The fight for quality Hockey players for D3 programs has manifested in private schools basically manipulating the system. We were always told that D3 did not permit giving money to their athletes. Call it what you want but private schools are doing just that. Many are giving Canadian players the dollar differential from the Canadian dollar to the US dollar. It is a disgrace that the NCAA looks the other way, but slams many D1 programs for violations . I don't suppose the NCAA will change , but this needs to be addressed
                              You're kidding right? Coming from an Oswego fan.... Is it April 1st?
                              Remy Babineaux
                              remyb616@gmail.com
                              D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by lakont55 View Post

Defending the NCAA in any manner invalidates your point.
                                The Titanic only had one Captain..........
                                "You're holding your mouth wrong." Jim Cole
                                "Don't take any wooden nickels." Ray Rouse
                                9 Time World Champion Boston Red Sox ('03,'12,'15,'16,'18,2004, '07, '13, '18)

Comment

Working...
                                X