Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UML Recruiting, 2017+

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
    So we may be transfer heavy in the future, or hoping some coach being let go (in HEA alone we have Amherst for sure, with Maine and UVM also in weird spots. Also UConn if/when Cav leaves) opens up a few recruits.

Can't say I like that vision of the future, but this is the first recruiting battle in a while where Lowell has publicly been in play (not sure if that's a good thing or not) so it's difficult to judge if we're losing battles or just not playing the game.

At least we're winning on the ice
    I've accepted the fact that I'm going to be disappointed in Lowell recruiting, much like the Patriots on draft day. As long as they continue to win, it's something I can live with. If that were to change, then I think the tide would turn quickly for a lot of fans in that respect.

I just find it hard to believe that Lowell's success over the past five years hasn't translated into any noticeable improvement in recruiting. Other teams have seen that bump, which leads me to two possible conclusions; either Lowell has just written off trying to compete for any elite talent, or the recruiting staff/methods aren't good enough to land said recruits. I honestly don't know which of those two options bothers me more.
    Lowell Forever
    Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
      Tri-City defeated Waterloo 5-3 tonight to advance to the USHL Clark Cup Finals. Ryan Lohin and Mattias Goransson were held scoreless in the game. Goransson and Tri-City will meet Dubuque in the finals which begins Friday. Former River Hawk assistant coach Jason Lammers is the head coach and general manager of Dubuque.
      Recruit Mattias Goransson and Tri-City are the USHL champions. The Storm defeated Dubuque 4-1 tonight sweeping the series 3-0. Mattias had an assist in the game.

Comment

Mike louria first to transfer not sure of anyone else yet

Comment

Originally posted by chiefs11 View Post
          Mike louria first to transfer not sure of anyone else yet
          probably wrong thread. Also do you have a source?
          BS UMass Lowell 2015
          PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

‏Providence recruit decommits. I imagine PC wanted Kawaguchi to play another year of Jr.
            ‏@MarkDivver
            .@FriarsHockey and Chilliwack's Jordan Kawaguchi recently parted ways. Word is he quickly had offers from a Big Ten and an @TheNCHC school.
            Kawaguchi was the 4th leading scorer in the BCHL this past season.

http://bchl.ca/player?playerId=601&season=27

Also.
            ‏@MarkDivver
            Hearing three @hockey_east & one Big 10 school in mix for @BLMThunder captain Jake Slaker, a former @SkatingSaints commit.
            http://stats.ushl.com/ushl/ushl/en/s...=311&season=51
            Last edited by boblav1; 05-21-2016, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
              probably wrong thread. Also do you have a source?
              Louria to Robert morris

Comment

Also.
                ‏@MarkDivver
                Hearing three @hockey_east & one Big 10 school in mix for @BLMThunder captain Jake Slaker, a former @SkatingSaints commit.
                Slaker heading to Michigan.

Comment

UMass starting to pick up recruiting under their new coach...

@JeffCoxSports
                  New UMass coach Greg Carvel has now locked up 4 commits. Fargo Force G Ryan Wischow most important yet. Big upgrade between the pipes.
                  Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                  2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                    UMass starting to pick up recruiting under their new coach...

@JeffCoxSports
                    New UMass coach Greg Carvel has now locked up 4 commits. Fargo Force G Ryan Wischow most important yet. Big upgrade between the pipes.
                    Make it five for UMass ... another '96.

@hockeycommits 3m3 minutes ago
                    Jonathan Lazarus (Wichita Falls Wildcats) has committed to University of Massachusetts for 2016-2017 @WFWildcats @UMassHockey @NAHLHockey
                    Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Jonathan Lazarus (Wichita Falls Wildcats) has committed to University of Massachusetts for 2016-2017 @WFWildcats @UMassHockey @NAHLHockey
                      I wonder what recruits and current player's are moving on? It will be interesting to see if Makar and Leonard make it to Amherst in 2017.

Comment

This is crazy. Either UML has very specific requirements for the type of player that fits their system or all these Amherst recruits are being duped and end up at the wrong UMass, thinking they're actually going to the good hockey program.
                        Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                        Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                        Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                          This is crazy. Either UML has very specific requirements for the type of player that fits their system or all these Amherst recruits are being duped and end up at the wrong UMass, thinking they're actually going to the good hockey program.
                          I wouldn't think too much of this. New coach, trying to bring in players for his program. I doubt any of these players are on the really high caliber (nothing against them).
                          Monty

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                            I wonder what recruits and current player's are moving on? It will be interesting to see if Makar and Leonard make it to Amherst in 2017.
                            I know Henry Dill (backup GK) left the program.
                            Monty

Comment

There will be more... A few are already pursuing other options.
                              https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                              Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Wonder where he'll end up and drunkenly punch out another police car?
                                Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                                Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                                Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Working...
                                X